PDA

View Full Version : Oh No...help Me

Brad
05-28-2003, 10:11 AM
i just got the carb settings right and i take my bike for a ride, i stop and my friends house show him the piep, leave and when i park in out drive way i see something on fire! i look and i see my brake resivour on fire and melting, so i take the hose and spray it off. where do u relocate the brake rezzie?

toby400ex
05-28-2003, 10:24 AM
That is the wierdest thing ive ever heard, just put it where ever else it will fit.

UglyMotha™
05-28-2003, 10:25 AM
uh, ya i had to relocate mine to the right rear rim :huh

Brad
05-28-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
That is the wierdest thing ive ever heard, just put it where ever else it will fit.

Originally posted by UglyMotha™
uh, ya i had to relocate mine to the right rear rim :huh

IM NOT KIDDING EITHER

UglyMotha™
05-28-2003, 10:32 AM
ya well i think ya got to be the first person i've ever heard of catching there brake rezzy on fire, least it's a new one on me maybe someone else has experienced that and can help ya the only advice i got is figure out what ya did or start carrying a bucket of water:huh

wilkin250r
05-28-2003, 10:42 AM
Check your jetting. If your pipe is getting so hot that it will ignite plastic and brake fluid, you may be running a little lean.

Brad
05-28-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Check your jetting. If your pipe is getting so hot that it will ignite plastic and brake fluid, you may be running a little lean.
ive been noticing that its getting really hot really quick, and im using the biggest jet size they gave me, and it wasnt the brake fluid that ignited it was the plastic on the outside, but i fixed that problem, it melted a path for itself and i shaved the rest off, but naw my problem is the heat, in a matter of seconds it gets REALLY hot

Brad
05-28-2003, 11:26 AM
i just called dynojet and they said i could have hit the float making it lean and i have no idea wat the hell they are talking about could someone post pics? or tell me so i could go to it and fix it