PDA

View Full Version : RPM Steering Stem

kgbg
05-28-2003, 08:07 AM
Anybody have any experience with this? We all know their axle is the goods, how about the stem?

Ben
05-28-2003, 09:19 AM
I don't have their stem but I do have their axle, bearing carrier, and swingarm and it is all top knotch. I don't see why their steering stem would be any different :) I'd also look into Arens Bros. steering stem - excellent product and what I am running on the EXriders Project 400ex :D

gojk
05-28-2003, 09:26 AM
Ben, I just noticed that you are getting sponsered by Laker Custom. Those plastics that he is beginning to make are awesome. But I didn't know that he had any plastics for the 400 yet?

Dave400ex
05-28-2003, 09:56 AM
The RPM stems look very nice and I think they have a lifetime warranty. I have the Arens like Ben and suggest getting one of them if not the RPM.

Ben
05-28-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by gojk
Ben, I just noticed that you are getting sponsered by Laker Custom. Those plastics that he is beginning to make are awesome. But I didn't know that he had any plastics for the 400 yet?

Check out this thread for a picture of Laker Custom's brand new 400ex carbon fiber look-a-like plastic. They aren't available for sale yet, but should be extremely soon :D

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58140

Quadfather
05-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Yeah, RPM's swingarms are nice, but the pinch bolts that they give you with them are pure, unadultered garbage. Mine lasted about 2 hours, then stripped all to hell and back. I called, and some young gentleman assured me he would send a new set out pronto. I waited two weeks, and then called them to see what was up. They sent me right to the owner of RPM. "I'm not responsible for the bolts" he told me, "I can't help you". I asked if he felt that his product was the best out there. He assured me that it was, by far. I then explained to him that if those are the bolts that he chose to accompany his top notch, $600 accessory, then, in a way, he was responsible for the bolts, and that I felt that they (the bolts) were junk. He said "sorry you feel that way", and hung up on me.

So, the way I see it, the owner of RPM can kiss my butt. There are way too many aftermarket companies out there to waste my time dealing with these idiots.

kgbg
05-29-2003, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the info.
BTW There is not a lifetime warranty on the stem.
3 years on the swinger
QF That suck they treated you that way. I know that there can be problems with anything, how you tell a good company is how they deal with problems.......bummer

Ben
05-29-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Quadfather
Yeah, RPM's swingarms are nice, but the pinch bolts that they give you with them are pure, unadultered garbage. Mine lasted about 2 hours, then stripped all to hell and back. I called, and some young gentleman assured me he would send a new set out pronto. I waited two weeks, and then called them to see what was up. They sent me right to the owner of RPM. "I'm not responsible for the bolts" he told me, "I can't help you". I asked if he felt that his product was the best out there. He assured me that it was, by far. I then explained to him that if those are the bolts that he chose to accompany his top notch, $600 accessory, then, in a way, he was responsible for the bolts, and that I felt that they (the bolts) were junk. He said "sorry you feel that way", and hung up on me.

So, the way I see it, the owner of RPM can kiss my butt. There are way too many aftermarket companies out there to waste my time dealing with these idiots.

That is ashame, but I have always had great dealings with their customer service guys (and the guy in second command) - and I have dealt with them for years. Perhaps he was having a bad day. I'm quick not to write off whole companies because of one bad experience, now if we had 5 guys in here saying that they had problems with RPM's customer service I would perhaps take a different position - but as far as I can tell they have a stellar reputation. :)

Ben