PDA

View Full Version : Lowering ?

Bunkerking217
05-28-2003, 02:21 AM
Is there any way to lower a 400ex without buying a kit or new suspension? I've seen this done, but I do not know how it was done....

Thanks

dirtmomma
05-28-2003, 03:41 AM
yes you can make your brackets yourself, if you know someone who can cut stell have them design you some & if worst comes to worst use a tie down on the rear:eek: unless of course you need your suspension. I'll have to take a pic of my rear kit sometime today since it's off my quad right now so you can get an idea. As for the front we welded on another mount that is adjustable. Here's one we made for our blaster for flattrackin it is very easy to make & works great!!!

QuadTrix6
05-28-2003, 05:47 AM
why would you want to do this ? i wouldn't bother unless you get new suspension

OCCRA288
05-28-2003, 08:13 AM
QuadTrix6

It's called working on a budget. Budget racers are what this sport revolves around right now. Everyone is trying to stay heads above water and still try to race and have fun. Don't knock it.

JustRace
05-28-2003, 09:20 AM
There are many reasons. I want to lower my quad, for drag racing. For now i have just been using ratchet straps for the front and nothing for the back. When i am time i'm gonna make some new brackets. It wouldn't be very hard to make out of some square tubing.

wilkin250r
05-28-2003, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure how far you want to lower your quad, but just adjusting the pre-load on my girlfriend's quad, with stock shocks, lowered the front a little, but lowered the rear almost 2 inches.

dirtmomma
05-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by OCCRA288
QuadTrix6

It's called working on a budget. Budget racers are what this sport revolves around right now. Everyone is trying to stay heads above water and still try to race and have fun. Don't knock it.

Very NICELY said!!!:D ;)

Bunkerking217
05-28-2003, 04:47 PM
ill start over. I have 23" tires on the front and my shocks are gone, I cant spend money on shocks bc im not rich and the money I have/get will go towards my transmission and clutches so i actually have a bike to ride. Since the shocks are gone, If I adjust the preload, it doesnt do anything.

WITHOUT making brackets, how can I lower it, Ive seen it done, but im not to sure how it was done.....