PDA

View Full Version : Should I or shouldn't I???

Glamis400ex
05-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Heys folks...

I have the opportunity to sell my year and a half old Works w/ rezzie, and get some basically new Elka's triple without rezzie...(4 rides on them)

Smart move or no??? What you all think???

Glamis

300EX_HMF
05-27-2003, 02:18 PM
it would be a killer deal if those came with rezzies!!

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-27-2003, 02:44 PM
Get them, you can add reserviors later on and have a set of shocks that blow Works away.

AtvMxRider
05-27-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
Get them, you can add reserviors later on and have a set of shocks that blow Works away.

remlapr
05-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Are you happy with the works? - are the Elkas going to work for you without having to be revalved? If they are going to have to be revalve I don't know if it's really worth it - unless you are unhappy with the performance of your works?? - just my .02

Glamis400ex
05-27-2003, 03:33 PM
remlapr,

It's not that I'm unhappy with the Works, but at that time, that's the best I could do. Better than stock for sure. But, now an opportunity has presented itself to me.

I know there are better shocks than Works, but are the Elka's worth the time and hassle of getting rid of mine and aquiring these.

The guy that has them is a 20 pounds heavier than me, and has stock a arms. I'm like 20 pounds lighter, but +2 a arms, should be close anyway as far as valving goes. He also has heavier springs with them too.

Just feeling it out.

Just for $hits and giggles, what do you think my works triple w/ rezzie would go for here? Here's the situation:

1)I had them set up for 215 pound dune rider...stock a arms
2)I got +2's and had them re sprung...NOT re-valved, so I have the other springs as well, so they could be changed back if someone had stock a arms. A few different options with these...

Glamis

Glamis400ex
05-28-2003, 03:41 PM
bump...want some more input from other guys...

Glamis

bmw500hp
05-30-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7

buy em...:D