PDA

View Full Version : cuting the 400ex backful!!

trx_rider
05-27-2003, 01:26 PM
Is it hard on the engine????Wil the engine have the correct back pressure ??thx

AtvMxRider
05-27-2003, 01:28 PM
WTF are you asking?:huh

trx_rider
05-27-2003, 01:33 PM
Sorry i taught i was in the power train forum! wath i meen is is it hard on the engine of i cut my backful of and let the end of the pipe with a big hole ????

i am not sure how to explaine that sorry my english is not good!

4TraxRider
05-27-2003, 01:35 PM
I think he means the rear portion of the muffler. If you take the (backful?)spark arrestor out, it doesn't really make a big difference. Just get a new performance pipe.

trx_rider
05-27-2003, 01:37 PM
Thanks .. thats what i mean !!

killed300ex
05-27-2003, 02:50 PM
its called a gabe mod you can search for it asuming you have a 400 you can take the end cap off the pipe and cut all the baffles out makes it louder gives you some power but not as much as an aftermrket pipe. PS i think backfuls he was trying to say baffles
killed

lilmxe#43
05-27-2003, 02:50 PM
dont do it unless u rejet and get an aftermarket filter. it will run ur quad too hot and will fry yopur motor.trust me, been there done that.

QuadTrix6
05-28-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by lilmxe#43
dont do it unless u rejet and get an aftermarket filter. it will run ur quad too hot and will fry yopur motor.trust me, been there done that.

i used to see a ton of guys at a local spot with this mod..this was a few months ago im yet to see them riding lately :devil: :eek: :devil:

UglyMotha™
05-28-2003, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by trx_rider
Sorry i taught i was in the power train forum! wath i meen is is it hard on the engine of i cut my backful of and let the end of the pipe with a big hole ????

it took me a while but i finally figured it out :huh

it's baffel not backful in other words your wanting to know whether or not you can remove the spark arrestor, and the answer is yes it won't mess with the back pressure any and your jetting should be fine, but in my opinion it sounds like crap and does nothing for performance so what is the point, in other words leave it alone

trx_rider
05-28-2003, 12:10 PM
Thank's ! well I have the stock jetting and air filter and the engine seem to run good !! should i stay it that way ????? and wath about the over heating ?I dont race ...am i gonna have somme problems with that??? THX

UglyMotha™
05-28-2003, 12:51 PM
your not goin to overheat with the spark arrestor removed and stock jetting the spark arrestor really doesn't do anything for back pressure it's just there to catch sparks there's chambers inside the muffler that actually creates your backpressure and unless you play with those you not goin to have to rejet

05-28-2003, 07:01 PM
i've had my stock baffle out now for about 1000 miles (74 hours) & everything is still running fine. It doesn't make any difference in performance & just makes the four wheeler louder & sound like crap. anyways, I get my new cobra tomorrow from the dealer so bye bye with the stock exhaust.

sweet300ex
05-30-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
, I get my new cobra tomorrow from the dealer so bye bye with the stock exhaust.
thats too bad

Derek
05-30-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
I get my new cobra tomorrow from the dealer so bye bye with the stock exhaust.

that defiantly is to bad.

06-12-2003, 03:51 PM
ok...i got the cobra & it is loud but doesnt really add any perforance...im gonna send it back & say it didnt fit around the ehaders & get crdeit for a dg oval in dennis kirk...has anyone had one of these. are they louder than the cobra...do they give you any performace?

bmw500hp
06-12-2003, 04:05 PM
lol... cobra is obnoxious....refuse to ride with anyone who has cobra :blah:

your friends will mysteriously forget to call you when they ride..

please return it..., don't sell to anyone in WV :cuss:

Martin Blair
06-12-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by trx_rider

you mean baffel, lmao

tants
06-13-2003, 06:34 AM
baffle? :confused: