PDA

View Full Version : 300ex motor mods help

DEWIE
05-27-2003, 12:25 PM
Hey guys, My son wants more out of his 300ex. I would like to know if I install the Web all around cam and a Wiseco 11.1:1 high compression piston will there be a noticable difference in his 300ex? I do not want to install a big bore kit. I want simple motor mods and run high octane pump gas. If you have done these or very similar mototr mods please tell me if you got a noticable difference from them. Thank you for any help. I sent this question to an engine builder (I will not mention the name) and they said you would not feel a difference. Then tried to sell me a big bore kit.

Thanks again for any information

Lori

4TraxRider
05-27-2003, 01:25 PM
I don't know what the engine gy is saying, but there would be a difference. My brother installed a 10 6 1 high-comp piston and a race cam from somewhere, can't remember brand. It made it rev and make power higher int he rev range, and IMO made a noticable difference. I did just a 416 big bore on my EX before it blew up, and that I found to be unoticable. Now I have a new head, 406, high comp piston and a cam and it's much quicker than stock. The piston really makes a difference.

300EX_HMF
05-27-2003, 02:15 PM
if its not stock then its better!!

bigfoot300ex
05-28-2003, 05:17 AM
when i put my 11:1 piston in my 300ex it was very noticable

as for the cam i have a friend who has a bike set up just
like mine except he has a webcam and he out runs me every time
by at least 6-7 bike lenghts across a field
so yes cams are very noticable too

DEWIE
05-28-2003, 05:41 AM
Thank you guys so much for this very useful information. The guy at the engine shop was just trying to get me to buy a big bore kit.

Lori

Diedrich
05-28-2003, 07:34 AM
yes it would make a big difference..get ya a good pipe for the high compression piston and cam

300exazzkikr
05-28-2003, 08:48 AM
You'll defintely notice a difference with the cam plus the high comp. piston you should be good to go. Add a pipe and that thing will be pretty quick.

honda250xrider
05-28-2003, 09:46 AM
yes they do make a noticable difference, i would recommend the 320 lift webcam, it makes a better pull from mid to top end, and piston i use weisco in all my fourwheelers, i've had nothing but good luck with them, i know some people have but just my experience. i would also recommend a pipe also with the cam and piston. a few good pipes are sparks, trinity, i use tc racings pipe right now and LOVE IT!, there are a few other pipes that are great to good luck!

DEWIE
05-28-2003, 10:01 AM
I will probably just go with the 310 drop in cam. It still has to be a noticable difference from stock. I would think anyway. I don't want to have to buy the valve springs.

Lori