PDA

View Full Version : $600 tires?!?! well sort of....

thejeepdude
05-27-2003, 12:24 PM
Man, I've only had my quad for a couple weeks and it's got this uncontrollable grip on my credit card and won't let go!!:devil: Well, I was originally just going to order some Klaw XCR's and a brake block off... not too bad, 100 bux or so. Then I though how much better it would be if I just bought front tires too... there goes another 80 bux. But wait, I want to gear down a bit... might as well get a sprocket. Screw it, they're kinda worn out anyways (from the last owner) so I might as well replace the whole shabang, chain and all... and if I'm gonna do that, might as well be X-Ring! OK, so up to 250bux then... not too painful. But wait, that clutch lever parking brake crap has to go... so I ordered the MSR raptor kit. Hey wait, those powerlip chain rollers look sweet... oh yeah and some outerwears for my shocks... wait and a few cans of this lube and that lube... whew, all done... damn those were some expensive tires... didn't really wanna blow 400 bux today. Oh sh*t... if I'm gonna blow 400, I might as well get the pipe now too!! :macho So I ordered the HMF slip-on and an assortment of jets (160,165,170,175). Now I'm the little kid waiting for christmas again (UPS, actually) and I can't wait! But no more mods for me for a while! My next mod is going to be all personal growth... riding and improving my skills... gotta spend time on that thing and break something else so I have an excuse to replace it with something better! :p :D

Chef
05-27-2003, 12:32 PM
You think thats bad...try a 7500 dollar gallon of oil...:eek2:

05-27-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Chef
You think thats bad...try a 7500 dollar gallon of oil...:eek2:

7500? you mean 75 dollar?

JOEX
05-27-2003, 12:37 PM
LOL! I know how that goes:rolleyes: :p I bent my axle awhile ago, sure I could have picked up a used stocker for $50 but noooo....... LSR axle, twin row bearing carrier, x-ring chain, both sprockets, rear rotor and pads and a few other miscellaneous parts....I think I spent about $700- $800:p

No more mods awhile? Yeah, right:devil:

Joe

Chef
05-27-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by bobby88
7500? you mean 75 dollar?

No, I mean I went in to get a gallon of oil, and I came out with a Raptor. :confused:

300exTJjeeper
05-27-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Chef
No, I mean I went in to get a gallon of oil, and I came out with a Raptor. :confused:

That's a good one, hopefully I can do that in about 3 months.

Nausty
05-27-2003, 01:03 PM
lol, tell me about it.

Carrier just went out in my quad...
155 bucks
oh wait might as well get a axle too that way I don't have to mess w/ it twice. $450
Well if i'm gonna do that might as well get a swingarm since this one is pry gonna be on its last leg anyways... $560
*ahem* total= 1300?

ouch... At least I won't have to worry about my rear end anymore now seeing thats done.

05-27-2003, 02:29 PM
tell me how u like that hmf slip on plz. Thats what im getting and i would like to know how u like it. This thing u guys are refering to is called "Mod Fever" ive had it happen too.

bigbadbrad
05-27-2003, 02:38 PM
i love my hmf slip on for my 300ex, gave good power, sounds goood , good quality, but i recomend geting a white brothers header to go with it, i am going to have that mod fever soon too, rear rotor pads, new tires all around, front rims, plastic and graphics and seat cover, and hen i will need to put a new piston and cam buy the time i buy that stuff, and then while i have it apart i might as well send the head to get ported. i ues it is worth it though, and even on top of that all, i want a banshee or an r, or as a mater of fact an 2 stroke

thejeepdude
05-27-2003, 03:07 PM
oh, i will definitely post my reactions when me next order comes in. i'm really anxious to see how that pipe does. honestly, i was 100% happy with the power of my stock 400ex until I went to sand mountain last week. At 4000 feet on the sand, I could barely even do a wheelie, and I had to try hard to do it. But, I was able to climb just about everything my buddy on a piped Z400 could, but I had to use a lower gear, thus taking longer to make it up. I'm hoping with the pipe and 14/39 sprocket combination, I can use 2nd & 3rd gears more and keep up next time. And of course just because it seemed good enough before in my backyard, I still can't wait to feel the difference! :D As for the head pipe, I think I'm just going to grind my stock one and clean it up a little... should be good enough for my purposes.

deathman53
05-27-2003, 03:57 PM
fixing my 85r is kinda like that, needed new plastic, swingarm, carrier and cluth lever. well I ended up spending almost 2 grand, had to get a lsr axle, twin row carrier, fmf pipes, carb, reeds, new tires and still more on the list.

"BLAHH"300!!
05-27-2003, 04:05 PM
...i was only ganna buy a new seat, but ended rebuilding the whole bike....silver plastic..that stock color frame's ganna clash...had it redone...gatta get a seat cover to match..i like those bars...man ican't replace all this and not get tire's....what good are tire's if my motor sux...rebuilt it...how am i ganna deliver this new motor..sproks and chian..ya' know....damn, my pipe's ganna melt my new plastic...new filter..damn..now i gatta rejett....
...oil-cooler would be nice....hand grips.......

...so yeah, i feel ya' man...i enjoyed the hell out of it though..
..make's me wanna buy another P.O.S. and do it all over again.

i ended up spending about $800 ON A 300EX
but hey, it's mine...and it's tight...i couldn't have bought a 400ex with $800, but if i want, i can sell this and get one..
..but now i don't want to...