PDA

View Full Version : Decided to get a banshee instead of 400ex

HiperEX
05-27-2003, 11:57 AM
i just looked at one of my friends cousins banshee today man it was a wild ride 2strokes rule!! its a 02 with no scuffs or no pipes all stock for 3400 is that a good price?

Fred55
05-27-2003, 04:34 PM
Come on.........:grr: get the EX...thats all you have been talking about forever! LOL Talk to me next time on msn......I'll convince ya!

Bill Fuller
05-27-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by HiperEX
i just looked at one of my friends cousins banshee today man it was a wild ride 2strokes rule!! its a 02 with no scuffs or no pipes all stock for 3400 is that a good price? No price is a good price for a banshee man.Stick with the ex.:confused2

QuAdRaCeR244
05-27-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Stick with the ex.:confused2

what he said

CHAUNCY
05-27-2003, 06:42 PM
Yeah, it sounds like a good price.

newjacksm
05-28-2003, 12:11 AM
you dont no a banshee unless you own one........... unfortunatly i dont no one and i owned 1:mad: :confused2

MSL
05-28-2003, 01:14 AM
3400 for an 02 yes that sounds like a good price

RuffRyder400ex
05-28-2003, 08:30 AM
sounds like a good price

own2424
05-28-2003, 08:40 AM
yea, buy it over a EX. They're faster! I love mine, I bought mine over a 400ex too. Yea, $3400 is good...

HiperEX
05-28-2003, 02:47 PM
ok guys i really wanted a 400 but i couldnt find anywhere in the area so just goin with the shee im make it a screamer, for 3400 for a 02 i couldnt pass it up it was a nice ride it seemed like if it was brand new started right up on the first kick, ill be pickin it up firday hopefully or saturday morning

stiffy
05-30-2003, 09:04 AM
That's a good deal but we will never own another banshee for as long as we live we had nothing but problems. People say they will work as long as you take care of them we did nothing but take care of it the oil and coolant was changed after every ride because every ride he had to tear it down cause something broke. And that's not because it was ran hard in one year we only got like 10 riding hours at the most. Not saying they all suck but with a 400ex the only work you have to put into one is all of the fun stuff. Banshee's left a bad taste in my mouth. :blah:

flyin#5
05-30-2003, 09:59 AM
thats wierd that you guys have all those probs with shees... my friend has one and man i love to ride that thing.... and hate to ride behind it! lol. he hasnt had any problems accept a few bolts coming out from a really hard ride. imo i think banshees are very reliable in the stock form.

HiperEX
05-31-2003, 06:26 PM
I got the shee friday for 3200, man all i can say is this thing ripps hard,pulls hard, its really wild powerband, man i love this quad its what ive been looking for im goin to keep this thing forever, if i was a new quad ill just have to save up for a new one because theres no way im ever goin to sell this bad *****

Rip_Tear
06-01-2003, 01:34 PM
I was going to buy a shee, but it was going to be too much to mod it into a woods machine... The shee is a bit too much up here...

stiffy
06-02-2003, 05:07 AM
If I charged 5 bucks for every Banshee I have towed I would be rich!! And if I paid out 5 bucks for every banshee that has kicked my ***** I would be broke.:ermm:

flyin#5
06-02-2003, 05:11 AM
sweet, yeah there power is sweet! now you have to come up to hayward riding with us sometime!

stevengates45
06-03-2003, 05:22 PM
I think what quad he gets really depends on what style of riding he does the most. I dont like riding trails, all I do is ride on sand bars & race, therfore I would go with a banshee. I love them, they rip! He needs to put a pair of CPI in-frame drag pipes on it!

Flyin#3-1/2
06-04-2003, 08:17 AM
I got the shee friday for 3200, man all i can say is this thing ripps hard,pulls hard, its really wild powerband, man i love this quad its what ive been looking for im goin to keep this thing forever, if i was a new quad ill just have to save up for a new one because theres no way im ever goin to sell this bad *****

yea i have a '00 shee with a rebuilt engine, just a boost bottle pro-lite pistons, and uni filter for "engine" mods, and i love it's power....very wide powerband and it just keeps pulling on me, i love ripping through the woods or dragging cars...if i don't trade for a 400ex i'm going to keep it and mod it out for mx or xc...whichever one comes cheaper. but yea modding out a shee does get very expensive, and i have had NO problems with mine except for i think one bolt coming out after very hard riding for a couple of hours. so just make sure your bolts are tightened on your plastics and you should be fine!! :D enjoy it! i know you will!!:blah:

Flyin#3-1/2
06-13-2003, 05:18 PM
this question is for all the people who flame banshees: have any of you ever ridden one? or owned one?

quadrcr87
06-13-2003, 06:01 PM
yeah i have one. for trails and track i dont know
for the dunes i would take it over anything. mine rips but i can ride faster on my z in any tight handling situations

SBC101
06-15-2003, 03:37 PM
Yeah Banshee's are great they have to much balls My dad owns one its a great all around quad . It depends if your good with a clutch or not thats all.

HiperEX
06-15-2003, 04:05 PM
ok guys the banshee is doing great im doing all teh proper maintance and sure its alot of work but its sure worth it ill have some razrs ordered up this week and then soon enough to get some bills pipes, ac nerfs, bumper, filter, then im goin to get some stock they feel to soft for me but much better than my ol 300ex though i like being the leader:D no one can catch me not even a stock raptor

DREWS400EX
06-15-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by stiffy
If I charged 5 bucks for every Banshee I have towed I would be rich!! And if I paid out 5 bucks for every banshee that has kicked my ***** I would be broke.:ermm:

What he said

newjacksm
06-15-2003, 04:55 PM
ok guys the banshee is doing great im doing all teh proper maintance and sure its alot of work but its sure worth it ill have some razrs ordered up this week and then soon enough to get some bills pipes, ac nerfs, bumper, filter, then im goin to get some stock they feel to soft for me but much better than my ol 300ex though i like being the leader:D no one can catch me not even a stock raptor

bet you couldnt say that when u had ur 300ex :-D:devil:

Moded86R
06-15-2003, 05:23 PM
I think the only reason people don't like banshee's is because they haven't riden one.

I have an 86 250r that is plenty fast.
(getting completly rebuilt right now.Getting a big bore)I have also been riding for 13 years.I am not stupid.

The first banshee I rode was an 87.It had a FTZ built 370 long rod motor.It was also on had drag pipes,no suspension,etc,etc.It ran 300 foot sand drag in 4.7 seconds.What can I say it haulled balls.

The next banshee I rode was a bonestock freshly broken in 2002.I loved this bike.We have have a track at my house I rode on.I didn't know the guy two well so I didn't ride his bike real hard.I can tell you one thing though.I will be buying a shee when my R gets done.I am a 2 stroke guy and I know how to use a clutch.Will I be riding a shee around in the woods?Nope.I will be haulin balls through feilds,sand flats,sand drag and just playying.While my R sits in the basement increasing it's value every second.

flyin#5
06-15-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Moded86R
I think the only reason people don't like banshee's is because they haven't riden one.

exactly, banshee's are wicked... if you havnt riden one please do so!

bansheeguy77
06-16-2003, 03:29 AM
cool i like this post...im usually the only 1 defending shees. thanks guys for joining the good fight! :devil:

zephead400ex
06-16-2003, 02:58 PM
I have ridden a shee, definatley doesnt mean that I want to own one! my bud, ledofthezep has one, it is fast, no question, but not for me! I like the 4 strokes, specifically my 400. Yes, there are things that are a lot faster, but the 400 suits me fine. The thing I like about 4 strokes over 2 strokes is the fact that when I hit the gas, I want power "right now" not in 2 seconds so the powerband can kick in, know what I am saying?

my $.02

peace

CLIFFHANGER450
07-08-2004, 07:43 AM
All you guys ripping banshee's off must of never ridding one before. Saying four strokes are better than a Banshee is the biggest load of crock i've ever heard! FOUR STROKES ARE S#*T!
They sound like tracktors. put put put THEIR CRAPP
Good on ya getting the banshee. You made the right choice.

EvilEwok
07-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Well i'm sure if you like the sound of a weed eater or an out of puberty sounding tractor then I guess you should base what you buy on what sounds good. Anyway I don't mind 2 strokes, I respect them for what they have done with the earlier days of the fourwheeling motorsport, but that doesn't mean that I am ever going to buy one. I don't like how they drive, I don't like not being able to idle very well, I don't like how they do not do very well in the woods ( all I ride in) and I have rode both a banshee and a blaster. Oh, and I honestly hate how they sound. It's preference, it is what you really prefer that actually matters on what you buy. I like 4 strokes, and they match how I like to ride.

MY450R
07-08-2004, 01:44 PM

All you guys ripping banshee's off must of never ridding one before. Saying four strokes are better than a Banshee is the biggest load of crock i've ever heard! FOUR STROKES ARE S#*T!
They sound like tracktors. put put put THEIR CRAPP
Good on ya getting the banshee. You made the right choice.

1ST OF ALL MY 450R DOES NOT SOUND LIKE A TRACTOR FLAMER!
AND IT WILL KICK YOU ***** ALL OVER THE PLACE ON YOUR SHEE
AND YES IVE ALSO OWNED A SHEE AND IT WAS A POS 450R RULES

Greg Z
07-08-2004, 03:15 PM
hey buddy this thread is old.

iv owned a banshee

and id take an EX over a banshee ANY DAY!!!

stiffy
07-09-2004, 11:32 PM
I have owned a Banshee. In fact if you look on page 72 of July's Dirt Wheels you will see my mechanic. He is a good Mechanic but We still had to tow it out of the dunes and the desert every weekend. Havn't you guys noticed that the first person to get pissed about bashing on something and flaming is the first person to start the flaming?? Oh Yeah here is the shee.http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58344&highlight=Banshee+for+sale Ya Ya I know this thread is kinda old.

Toadz400
07-10-2004, 05:16 PM
ok guys i really wanted a 400 but i couldnt find anywhere in the area so just goin with the shee im make it a screamer, for 3400 for a 02 i couldnt pass it up it was a nice ride it seemed like if it was brand new started right up on the first kick, ill be pickin it up firday hopefully or saturday morning

Dude, why didn't you buy mine? I would've sold my piped, rebuilt (new low end also), etc. Banshee to you for that price...

Two years ago I took a Banshee over an EX and I haven't regretted it yet, because a year later I got an EX too:D . I still love my Banshee more to this day, but I just wish it was faster:( . Maybe one of those 535PV engines would satisfy my need for speed:o .

Don't listen to anyone about a Banshee being better than an EX, it all depends on how you like to ride...

I ride trails and wide open a lot, and the Banshee worked just great for that, you just have to know how to work the clutch better for the tight trails, but hey I like a challenge and it just made me that much of a better rider. Before the Banshee I had an LT185 so I was happy for a Banshee on the trails!

Toadz400
07-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by stiffy
I have owned a Banshee. In fact if you look on page 72 of July's Dirt Wheels you will see my mechanic. He is a good Mechanic but We still had to tow it out of the dunes and the desert every weekend. Havn't you guys noticed that the first person to get pissed about bashing on something and flaming is the first person to start the flaming?? Oh Yeah here is the shee.http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58344&highlight=Banshee+for+sale Ya Ya I know this thread is kinda old.

So why did it have to be towed every weekend? Obviously you needed a new mechanic...sounds like he was on there for "World's Worst Mechanic: 'I thought rocks in the cylinders made it run better! I swear!' "

No seriously, you must've had a very bad one or obviously you didn't take care of it/abused it/the mechanic did something horribly wrong each time.

My Banshee was beaten very badly in it's first year and it survived...until my friend got to it, he fried the engine in first gear probably revving out at 15,000 rpms for half an hour...on 87 octane gas with pipes and silencers on stock jetting...That's the only thing that destroyed my 'Shee:o .

Toadz400
07-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by EvilEwok
Well i'm sure if you like the sound of a weed eater or an out of puberty sounding tractor then I guess you should base what you buy on what sounds good. Anyway I don't mind 2 strokes, I respect them for what they have done with the earlier days of the fourwheeling motorsport, but that doesn't mean that I am ever going to buy one. I don't like how they drive, I don't like not being able to idle very well, I don't like how they do not do very well in the woods ( all I ride in) and I have rode both a banshee and a blaster. Oh, and I honestly hate how they sound. It's preference, it is what you really prefer that actually matters on what you buy. I like 4 strokes, and they match how I like to ride.

Okay I see a lot of things wrong with this paragraph...no flame intended.

1. My Banshee sounds like a BAD-*** weed eater man! lol:p
2. 250R's have been used for 15 years and are extremely easy to drive, the engine doesn't have anything to do with "how it drives", that's the frame geometry you're talking about, and a 2-stroke had the best geometry.
3. Not being able to idle well? That's due to someone not knowing how to adjust the carb very well...my 400ex doesn't idle very well right now, should I sell it because it sucks and keep my Banshee because it idles perfectly?
4. My Banshee did very well in the woods, when it was stock and piped, and you used to see TONS of 250R's in the woods, even the guy winning all the GNCC races was on a 2-stroke for a long time.
5. 2-strokes can be built to ride more like a 4-stroke, if you've ridden a Blaster they have no powerband so it almost feels like a 4-stroke:o (I hate those little things...I swear they have a weedwacker engine).
6. I like 4-strokes too, because I like to ride wheelies a lot...that's basically the only thing I like my 400ex for.

When I rode a YFZ450, it reminded me a lot of a 2-stroke and I instantly fell in love with it. I love how it hits hard and revs quick and long while still having great low-end (at least compared to a 2-stroke).

You are right about it's all about preference though, some people just love the 2-stroke hit and can't stand the 4-stroke powerband and vice-versa.

stevengates45
07-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Greg Z
hey buddy this thread is old.

Over a year haha.

EvilEwok
07-11-2004, 01:03 AM
Sure the engine influences how the quad drives or is being driven. The engine is what gets the power to the wheels, the frame and suspension geometry is to hold it to the ground and supports the bike in the rough stuff, a long with telling it where to go. But all of this wouldn't be happening if some force wasn't behind it telling it how fast, how slow, or how quick the acceleration is going to be. While most of this is responsible of the driver, the engine has its own way of doing things. A 4-stroke usually has more of a smoother power band, not an abrupt or coming out of no where approach to the rider, which honestly is more trail suitable to people who usuaully like that more. 2strokes though have more of an approach of tap the throttle a little bit and your already flying :D. While some riders may like this, I don't.
That's not how all 2 stroke quads are though, and i'm also just talking about bone stock factory quads. Not 4wheelers that have been specifically made to be able to do something that is different from how it rolled out off of the production line. Sure you can make 2 strokes run like 4 strokes, but if you like how a 2 stroke runs, why would you? Honda has always made powerbands that are smooth and are yet still quick enough to be around the top of the pack if not on top. Take a look at their cbr motorcycles, or the 400ex, trx250r and the trx450r. All of these have smooth more user friendly power bands. While Yamaha is always looking for a way to get to the top faster. They incorporate higher and quicker revving engines, yfz450, banshee, most of their dirtbikes and the r6 and r1 (you like 2 strokes, take a drive on a 2005 r6, ****ing things are really really hard to adjust to if your used to driving something with a smoother powerband).
Anyway.....I like 4 strokes :D

Toadz400
07-11-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by EvilEwok
While Yamaha is always looking for a way to get to the top faster. They incorporate higher and quicker revving engines, yfz450, banshee, most of their dirtbikes and the r6 and r1 (you like 2 strokes, take a drive on a 2005 r6, ****ing things are really really hard to adjust to if your used to driving something with a smoother powerband).

Isn't that part of the point of a race machine, to get to the top faster?

Sorry I didn't mean any flame by my opinions, they were just, well, opinions. You like 4-strokes, and I like both...I would just like to have a 4-stroke that revs like a 2-stroke (YFZ450) while still having the reliability of a 4-stroke.

dodgeram
07-13-2004, 07:15 PM
I have had both and I liked the banshee but it is no ex....I just sold the banshee to get the 450r nothing like a good 4 stroke.

lol
07-13-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by dodgeram
I have had both and I liked the banshee but it is no ex....I just sold the banshee to get the 450r nothing like a good 4 stroke.

i have ridden with banshees but have never ridden one, i like them though

Mxjunkie
07-13-2004, 09:10 PM
banshees are a blast to ride, my dads friend let me ride his with toomleys on it etc i didnt wanna give it back :D

04'400ex'er
07-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Banshee's are the shiz :p no problems with mine....very reliable if you take care of it and let it warm up for 5 mins or longer.wait till you port it then it will pull like a freight train :devil: this is best banshee site www.bansheehq.com

Toadz400
07-13-2004, 09:56 PM
I just got in from working on my Banshee, got an RTC clutch lever and perch, RTC brake lever, e-brake block off, and I just put new sprockets and a chain on there, with one less tooth on the front. Should really pull fast now!

theyfctr
07-18-2004, 02:02 PM
Nice choice, a banshee puts a 400ex to shame

86350x
07-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Wow,there were alot of stupid people on here a year ago............

:rolleyes:

86350x
08-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by hondamaster435
400EX ITS THE BEST

:rolleyes: Guess theres still a few around! Each machine has something it is "best" at I suppose.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Toadz400
08-22-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
:rolleyes: Guess theres still a few around! Each machine has something it is "best" at I suppose.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hmm...I'm guessing you have a big problem with Banshees? I still have mine after 3 years of hard riding, only blew once and that was completely my fault, other than that...NO problems. And it does awesome in the trails, my brakes just happen to be better on the EX so I don't go as fast. I also have it geared down now so it really pulls like a mother.

86350x
08-22-2004, 10:56 PM
I have a built banshee that would rip your arms off.......................

I was saying that the 400ex is the best statement was stupid