PDA

View Full Version : Rear Stock Shock Leak

hondaforlife
05-27-2003, 06:45 AM
My dad noticed a puddle of clear fluid under my axle while I was at college on my 400ex, I thought maybe it was excess chain lube dripping off the skid plate but when I push down on the rear grab bar the shock kind of jerks back up instead of coming back up smoothly. Have any of you guys had a stock rear shock leak? Does anybody know how much it is to get a shock revalved to stock specs? I know a performance revalve job is like $300 but I might not have the cash for that. Thanks for any help:confused:

JHF219
05-27-2003, 08:38 AM
when they leak all the fluid out the shock will become very springy this has always been my experience!!

Rip_Tear
05-27-2003, 10:13 AM
Depending on the damage, the rear shock isn't totally rebuildable... You might want to look at a new rear aftermarket shock :D

hondaforlife
05-27-2003, 04:32 PM
What damage would make the rear shock unrebuildable? I'm thinking it's only a blown seal or something like that. Would I be able to get a performance rebuild on the stock shock if the damage is only a seal problem? I'd rather pay $300 for a performance rebuild job than spend $600 on a new aftermarket shock, I only do recreational riding, no racing. Thanks for any info