PDA

View Full Version : Meszaro a-arm bushings and grease zerk bolts

buckeye400ex
05-27-2003, 06:30 AM
I'll provide pictures of the installed product tonight, but I wanted to give Bob at Meszmoto a "shout-out" for providing what appears to be the fix for a-arm bushings.
http://www.meszmoto.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?product=mfd-atvsu

Here's the link to the bolts and the a-arm bushings. The ones I got were just like the brass pictured there, but with a super hard plastic (instead of brass) called Delrin. The grease zerk bolts allow the bushings to be greased and the aluminum bolt carriers also have holes in them to let grease through.

buckeye400ex
05-27-2003, 01:21 PM
Here's the installed and still dirty product.

buckeye400ex
05-27-2003, 01:22 PM
close up.

cdalejef
05-27-2003, 01:45 PM
We tried the brass ones from them and they actually wore the a-arms out!:mad:

RIjon
05-27-2003, 02:34 PM
SO does the grease actually get to the bearings or does it just lube around the bolt? ?

Need that grease to get driven into the bearings themselves

holeshot19
05-27-2003, 02:45 PM
i got bob to make me a set and they lasted no time i would say the brass ones lasted 10 hours then the arms went clang clang clang.:mad:

buckeye400ex
05-28-2003, 02:07 AM
The bolt has a hole in it and the carrier (metal) that the bolt slides thru also has a hole in it that allows the grease to push from the inside out. Thus producing the lovely appearing dirt catching grease around the bushings. I wasn't too sure about the brass ones either but this delrin plastic is extremely tough.

I have a buddy who works in a lab that builds "stuff" for the government and he said delrin is very tough and expensive. So hopefully this will last longer and not damage the a-arm itself.