PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I will be Minnesota bound...

Ex'r Marlin
05-27-2003, 04:23 AM
Well... I thought I would make it known that I accepted a position with the company that I work for to relocate myself out of the East Coast area to Minneapolis, Minnesota.:eek:

Yep, I made the decision after a month of debating. This means riders of Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Iowa to watch out for this crazy rider!!:blah:

If all goes as planned, I will make the move in October of this year. In the mean time, I will be making visits to Minneapolis.

It also looks like I will be taking up "snow mobiling".:eek: :( .... Hopefully I will adapt to their cold weather!:confused:

Anyway, I thought I would let you guys know where my head has been this last several weeks. This is not 100%... There are still opportunities for me to either back out, or look at other locations, but as of today, it looks like it will be Minneapolis, MN.

I still plan to be an EXriders.com member!:D I also plan on doing the EXriders.com rides in West Virginia in the years to come!!:cool:

infantry317
05-27-2003, 04:41 AM
Welcome to the land of 10,000 taxes...LOL, it's not too bad here. You just adapt to the weather, snowmobiling helps you from losing your mind in the winter. :devil:
Good luck!

flyin#5
05-27-2003, 04:42 AM
welcome! im about 50min from minneapolis and your welcome to ride anytime!

Dan_Guetter
05-27-2003, 05:05 AM
minnesota eh??? who and the heck is from there.......

does that state have any people in it????:eek2:

speedy400
05-27-2003, 05:06 AM
yeah, I'm 1 hour and 15 min away from Minneapolis. BTW you dont really need a snowmobile, this year because of not much snow I rode the 400 with realators on the back and it worked just fine till yuo got into deep stuff its a pain in the arse.:rolleyes: good times though-darren

Dan_Guetter
05-27-2003, 05:14 AM
snowmobiles are overrated............

flyin#5
05-27-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
minnesota eh??? who and the heck is from there.......

does that state have any people in it????:eek2:

eh? sorry we dont talk like that! thats the canadians! lol we have lots of people.... i think in the twin cities half of em are fresh from asia though:rolleyes:

Ex'r Marlin
05-27-2003, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the invite!!!:)

Again, it will not be til October if everything goes as planned.

I see that there are hare scramble races out that way too!:cool:

Anyway... Thank you for the invites, and I will not hesitate letting you know when I will be around to ride!:macho

infantry317
05-27-2003, 07:29 AM
What company do you work for?

JUSTINcredible
05-27-2003, 07:32 AM
im about an hour west of minneapolis and there are a few good places to ride out here... as for snowmobiling.. I wouldent wast the money on getting one cuz it never snows enough anyways.. and watch out for the mosquitos cuz they'll carry you away:p

Dan_Guetter
05-27-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by flyin#5
eh? sorry we dont talk like that! thats the canadians! lol we have lots of people.... i think in the twin cities half of em are fresh from asia though:rolleyes:

yea i know.......im from minnesota:blah:

Ex'r Marlin
05-27-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by MNmxblaster37
.. and watch out for the mosquitos cuz they'll carry you away:p
:eek: :(

I assume "Off" mosquito repelent will work???:( Thanks for the input!:D

I work for a company called LaFrance, with a division called Benmatt Industries... I will be switching from LaFrance to Benmatt. I will be a salesman for them.:) Note: Our headquarters is in Concordville, Pennsylvania. I would be the only representative from the company in Minnesota, Nebraska, and Iowa.

BTW... I thought there was a lot of snowmobiling in Minnesota.:confused: I also thought there was a lot of snow there too during the months of November to February. (normally).

infantry317
05-27-2003, 09:01 AM
Oh yeah, there are a lot of sleds, all the guys I ride with have both Quads and sleds (I bum one of my father-in-laws). Last few years have been pretty inconsistant for snow. I got about 300mi of riding in this year just locally.

lars
05-27-2003, 09:53 AM
i got a few miles in last winter on my new sled but it was in the up of michigan :( oh well its a killer time there and a nice vacation:)

flyin#5
05-27-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
yea i know.......im from minnesota:blah:

i thought so but wasnt sure :o

anyways yeah dont bother with a snowmobile cuz the snow has been pathetic the past couple years! weve been able to ride quads after cristmas!

Dan_Guetter
05-27-2003, 10:14 AM
thats what im saying

i worked for yamaha outa willmar minnesota, we sold more quads than sleds!!!!!

and if all comes down to worse, but skis in front!!!

killed300ex
05-27-2003, 10:36 AM
i think sleds are a blast up here we can only use them for like 2 months but they are a blast for those 2 months i love going out with my freinds and riding their sleds Hope the move goes ok and you enjoy it out tehre
killed