PDA

View Full Version : My mezaros steering stem

UglyMotha™
05-27-2003, 02:56 AM
:mad: lets just say it didn't hold up to the 12ft drop test what gets me is the bars aren't even tweeked i would've expected the bars to go before the stem but not in this case :mad: :mad:

remlapr
05-27-2003, 03:07 AM
Guess I'll mark them off my list of potential aftermarket stems to buy...

Pappy
05-27-2003, 03:12 AM
12 FEET:eek2:

UglyMotha™
05-27-2003, 03:20 AM
i don't want to give mezaros a bad rap here, that's not my goal it's more than likely my fault that it's bent since i did flip it of a ledge backwards and it landed rubber side up but i figured it would've a trashed the bars before the steering stem ;)

05-27-2003, 05:43 AM
guess that proof ..quads cant do backflips :confused2

buckeye400ex
05-27-2003, 06:33 AM
Too funny, I just posted a thread about how I liked Meszmoto's a-arm bushing kit. I guess no there's no such thing as bad publicity. :D

Could be a post on how tough Renthal bars are. :macho

300exOH
05-27-2003, 07:11 AM
hey ugly sorry to hear about the bike
how in the...
looks like something i would do:ermm:

Pappy
05-27-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
guess that proof ..quads cant do backflips :confused2

sounds more like it needs work with its landings:p

UglyMotha™
05-27-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
sounds more like it needs work with its landings:p

yes it was definantly a beautiful back flip looked like an olympic coming off a diving board :p but as you will notice she didn't land quite as well as i would have hoped her too:huh

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-27-2003, 08:15 AM
I would of expected that stem to last longer than those bars :ermm:

UglyMotha™
05-27-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7

yup that's what i had expected, my stock stem held up to more roll overs than this one did:confused2

05-27-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
did nt someone say that....already :confused2

UglyMotha™
05-27-2003, 10:26 AM
do these sucka's have a lifetime gaurantee:confused:

05-27-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
do these sucka's have a lifetime gaurantee:confused:

Bob is a really nice guy....I'd say give him a call and see what he can for ya. Ask Norm 400exracerX what happened to his 12 hour old $300+ Roll stem after flippin it in the sand. It bent and Doug roll said sorry bout yo luck sucka. Just giving you a warning that you might not here what you want to from Bob..:( I've seen several things bend/break on a quad before a weaker part that had the same amount of impact..:ermm:

cdalejef
05-27-2003, 01:47 PM
Bradly300 broke a steering stem stop off of a Roll stem on the first ride!:eek2:

UglyMotha™
05-28-2003, 02:00 AM
well an hour and a pry bar and 4 guys later we were able to get it back to riding condition it feels mint and it doesn't even looked tweeked but the only thing that bothers me is it'll probably snap next time i dump it:macho

kgbg
05-28-2003, 08:09 AM
FYI
If you make a stem so it does not break,or bend you will bend your frame in that type of accident. That is why you won't find a warranty on a stem. I still think that the bars would bend too, but I guess Renthal's are tough.

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-28-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
did nt someone say that....already :confused2

I don't read everyone's comments...as if it mattered that I repeated something already said...:ermm:

Bean
05-28-2003, 09:50 AM
well, if you think about it, it landed just right to put the stress on the stem and not the bars, its just freak nature stuff, just like when a 4wheeler flips hella and it looks like its totalled and it comes out with scratches and maybe a twisted brake lever, but then you see a 4wheeler just tip over and the axel snaps and the bars break and the dude breaks his hip, its all leverage and luck

Doibugu2
05-28-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Bean
well, if you think about it, it landed just right to put the stress on the stem and not the bars, its just freak nature stuff, just like when a 4wheeler flips hella and it looks like its totalled and it comes out with scratches and maybe a twisted brake lever, but then you see a 4wheeler just tip over and the axel snaps and the bars break and the dude breaks his hip, its all leverage and luck

I wasn't going to point that out. But since this is Ugly's thread, I agree Bean.

UglyMotha™
05-28-2003, 09:59 AM
there ya have it good as new, maybe a little weaker but it will definantly due for now

UglyMotha™
05-28-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
I wasn't going to point that out. But since this is Ugly's thread, I agree Bean.

no you just wanted another post, but anyhow i do agree but now that i think about it the quad landed evenly so weight would have be distributed evenly accross the top the bars where they're in there strongest state leaving none other than the inertia to be transfered to the next weakest spot being the stem:huh yup:blah: