PDA

View Full Version : clutch help

red400ryder
05-26-2003, 07:24 PM
I was wondering something about my clutch..before i tore my motor down..my clutch was working fine..well after we got the motor back together and running with fresh rings and all..i started to go down the road and the clutch wasn't working right..this is how it was..at low rpms or 1/4 throttle it would pull..but when i went to gas it it just would rev the engine like i was in neutral..so basically its slipping...well could the problem be caused from the clutch plates being put in wrong? cause we did take the side cover off and clutch stuff to do work down there and i put the plates back on one by one so i wonder if i put them backwards in some way possible if so..could somebody explain to me in what order to put them in plz....like fiber,plate,fiber plate, etc.whatever it is..i'm not sure..thats all and i read something about a dude sayin he had two plates on the offset and when he took one off his clutch stopped slippin...so i hope someone understands what i am sayin and can help me out..well later madmike and thanks for any help i recieve

red400ryder
05-27-2003, 09:45 AM
nevermind..i went to a dealer and looked at there service manual for the 400ex and i saw what i did wrong..i put two fiber disks in the offset...i'm goin to fix that later today..well later