PDA

View Full Version : bent sub frame

rodknee
05-26-2003, 04:43 PM
I need some opinions. After not quite making a hill today my '03 400 took about a 200' tumble down to the bottom. It actually came out ok. Bent both bar end down against the tank & wasted both front rims. After we got it home I noticed that the sub frame seemed pushed to one side. We bent the bars back & I rode it the 3 miles or so out & never noticed anything. All the plastice looks fine but whenyou look from the back the tail light & such is about 2" off the one side. Will it hurt anythiong to keep riding it like this or do I need to replace or straighten it before another ride? Thanks for your help.

RIDER11X
05-26-2003, 05:03 PM
Replace it. Don't let mangled parts add up on your machine or it will quickly get out of control. When mine takes a tumble, I order all damaged parts like a collision shop does on a car. (I order all down to replacing bent screws with OEM parts.)

Make's your machine stay alot nicer.:)

rodknee
05-26-2003, 05:06 PM
I figured that would be the best way to go. Any idea of where to find one? I don't know if aftermarket would be the way to go or stock. Price is a concern but we wil;l see what they go for. Thanks

EHSRACING
05-27-2003, 02:33 PM
bent subframes are pretty common on the ex mine has been bent for 2 years you really cant notice unless you look straight at the back if its not bad its not really a big deal just make sure it didnt crake anything where it will snap

rodknee
05-27-2003, 02:43 PM
I will look it over close & see what I can find. Thanks for all your help