PDA

View Full Version : whats the low down on nerfs

Mr. Tuesday
05-26-2003, 04:13 PM
i am thinking about ac pro pegs with heel guards. i like the idea of more protection from mud and debree with the guards and the wider foot pegs also looks like it will come in handy.

the arens look fine but stock pegs and no heel guards is not quite what i am looking for.

anyway looking for input for/against the good and the bad.

thanks

Nausty
05-26-2003, 04:22 PM
go for it:

It sucks when you run your foot over and man can it hurt. If you race or mx you don't have to worry about other riders getting hung up in you as much and if you feet come off in a race you can just let em' set where they are instead having to let off or slow down to get repositioned. Much much more safer and they look cool imo.

JOEX
05-26-2003, 04:25 PM
I have a set Arens on the way...should be here this week:)
He thinks the stock heel guards will work with a bit of modification.
I plan on keeping my stock guards. I'll try to get pics when I them installed.

Joe

Mr. Tuesday
05-27-2003, 05:13 PM
marcums has pro pegs ac with heel guards for 179 delievered. i think this sounds good. any coments

Bill Fuller
05-27-2003, 05:18 PM
I personally never installed the heel gaurds,just another place for mud to pile up on.The only thing I don't like about the Pro Peg is the footpegs wear out quickly.I'm happy with them other than that,I will buy a new set when these wear out.

remlapr
05-27-2003, 05:51 PM
I like the new style AC's but I have read on here that the pegs are actually HIGHER than stock - I am already sort of cramped on my 400ex, so higher pegs for me would be bad....

monkeyboy
05-28-2003, 12:22 PM
dem nerfs is watt day makk da ballz outt of dat dontt brakk winderz;) i juss fuondd outt wat day wuz calld lass weeek:cool:

tants
05-28-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
I like the new style AC's but I have read on here that the pegs are actually HIGHER than stock - I am already sort of cramped on my 400ex, so higher pegs for me would be bad....

i cant see the pegs being THAT much higher then stock... mabe an inch THE MOST... and if your that big you gotta worry about an inch of room... your in trouble:confused2

i got ac propegs on order... they have been on backorder for awhile, so they must sell quick :scary: