PDA

View Full Version : main jet/pilot jet size for new 416 motor??

Glamis400ex
05-26-2003, 04:04 PM
Hi gang,

Whats should my new main jet and pilot jet size be now with the 416, cam and porting? I am using a Dynojet kit, I have a #160 dynojet main and #40 pilot when it was stock. Full exhaust system, K&N, outerwear, and no lid. Sea level/below 2000 feet.

Thanks for reply's

Glamis

kargaaro
05-27-2003, 05:52 AM
This is what I'm running....don't know my altitude

155 main
3rd (middle) notch
42 pilot

UglyMotha™
05-27-2003, 06:04 AM
with what i got in my sig i'm runnin 165mj / 42pj and the c-clip on the 4th notch down and it's spot on running 112 fuel my plug has the slightest brown haze to it

Varmit57
05-27-2003, 06:15 AM
I would set the pilot 1 or 2 sizes over stock depending how it reacts of the start. If it has some hessitation off the bottom 1/4 of the throtle then go with 2 sizes bigger then stock.

There is no chart that will tell you what jet to use in any case becuse of all the varibles, and any good motor builder will tell you that it might very from one quad to another even if you think everything is exactly the same. So for the main, I just keep going up a step at a time untell I get to the piont that it runs worse at full throtle then before and back off one or two sizes. Then I check the Plug to see if ti looks ok. Every motor is diffrent, and it depends on the attitude, carb, porting, pipe, airfilter, weather, etc.

Also you may want to play with the needle setting depending on how you ride. It will effect the center of the throtle. Check the tech articles on this site for a great explination of how carb's work.

A lot of people are scared to play with it but if you do a little reading you can figure it out.