PDA

View Full Version : cropping ears

krazyquik
05-26-2003, 02:06 PM
so im thinkin about cropping my pit bulls ears..my parents dont like the idea..what do yall think about this? cropped ears look better or the floppy ears?

blondie69
05-26-2003, 02:23 PM
bull dogs i think look better with cropped (thats when there standin up right?) ears. but thats my opinion.

Sportrax10
05-26-2003, 02:26 PM
Cropped looks better, but it sucks when you dog yelps everytime something touches their ear. You have to be very patient.

Dex
05-26-2003, 02:27 PM
I am an animal sympathizer (Ilike animals) (animal lover dont sound right :confused2 ) Anyways I think it would put the dog through pain for a pretty stupid reason in my opinion. I mean jeez how would you like it if someone chopped your ears out so they stuck out? :ermm:

Glow Plug
05-26-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Dex
I am an animal sympathizer (Ilike animals) (animal lover dont sound right :confused2 ) Anyways I think it would put the dog through pain for a pretty stupid reason in my opinion. I mean jeez how would you like it if someone chopped your ears out so they stuck out? :ermm:

exaclty it's just as dog it looks the way it looks theres not need to do it because it "looks' better :rolleyes: jmo

kawasaki_ridah
05-26-2003, 02:33 PM
you trying to race cut it or something?! jk i would leave it like it is

MOFO
05-26-2003, 04:13 PM
We ALWAYS cropped our Great Dane's ears... if you dont, they WILL get nasty ear infections.

Got Huevos?
05-26-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by VWVR6
We ALWAYS cropped our Great Dane's ears... if you dont, they WILL get nasty ear infections.

yeah if ur irresponsible and never watch or wash ur dogs ears properly. i have a pit and all my friends who have pits who dont fight them dont crop the ears its useless just becuz it looks cool. plus it will just give it more reason to want to dislike u.

05-26-2003, 06:43 PM
crop em...... hurt that dog......

no dont thats just ****in mean, that would be like cutting of your nose because it looks funny

MOFO
05-27-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Got Huevos?
yeah if ur irresponsible and never watch or wash ur dogs ears properly. i have a pit and all my friends who have pits who dont fight them dont crop the ears its useless just becuz it looks cool. plus it will just give it more reason to want to dislike u.

dont even go there buddy. Our animals are treated better than most humans or kids now a day's, so dont EVEN think about accusing my family of "not taking care of our dogs" You hit a nerve....nothing p's me off more than someone who does not take care of their pets... :mad:

We've owned (my dad) 6 different Great Danes and are personal friends with one of the top breeders in the area. We also know several "highly" recommended vet's and they ALL have said the same thing... crop great dane's ears.

kgbg
05-27-2003, 04:37 AM
I think it sucks to do that to a dog. I have a boxer , her ears are "stock". I have never considered the fact that infections could be bad, makes sense, espicially with the big ol great dane ears. I guess its like circumcision, I am sure that wasn't comfortable, I just can't remember....lol

VWR6, I sell Great Dane semi trailers for a living, I can get somre really cool Great Dane stuff, if you are ever interested, go to www.greatdanetrailers.com and look at the merchandise, then let me order it for 1/2 off

MOFO
05-27-2003, 04:50 AM
thanks for the link, I'll have to check that out... my dad may be interested in some stuff. :cool:

QuAdRaCeR244
05-27-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by kawasaki_ridah
you trying to race cut it or something?! jk i would leave it like it is

haha, i agree leave her stock:macho

400grl
05-27-2003, 05:51 AM
I worked at a vet's office and it always made me sad to see the pups/dogs come in to get their ears cropped. It's very painful for them......if it's just for looks alone, then I wouldn't do it. JMO

UglyMotha™
05-27-2003, 06:14 AM
where could i get my ears cropped, it sounds cool:confused2

krazyquik
05-27-2003, 09:39 AM
ok thats for the replies..still dont know yet..im gona talk to the vet tomorrow and hear the pros and cons..thanks again Daniel