PDA

View Full Version : Twist throttle?

nateftbl
05-26-2003, 12:29 PM
I have a twist throttle on mr 89 R but it seems too sensitive. If I barely pull it it seems like its slamed. Sometimes when Im jumping and I land my hand barely moves and it almost throws me off the back! is there a way I can adjust this or make it less sensitve? any suggestions?

crashinmatt
05-26-2003, 12:39 PM
ur gonna have to get a different twist. they r made at certain amount of twist for none to full. like 1/4 turn, 1/2 turn, and i believe there is another one.

holeshot19
05-26-2003, 12:40 PM
loosen up the cable and also some twish throtles have high ratio pull which means it dosent take as much to turn them as much as some of the others i kmow magro has on that is a mx style and a enduro style. i can ride both twist and thumb i perfer thumb throtle especally when it comes to a hard hitting 2 stroke

norrisboat
05-26-2003, 02:59 PM
What kind of twist throttle do you have? I have a motion pro Vector and mine is just perfect. Not to hard to twist and not too easy. It will take a long time to get used to it. I used to ride street bikes so I got used to it pretty fast but it still took longer than I thought it would have.

wilkin250r
05-27-2003, 04:38 AM
My first question would be, are you sure you want the twist throttle? When I bought my 250r, it actually scared me. Sure, it went real fast in a straight line, but the powerband was difficult to manage, and I was afraid to jump it because I couldn't handle it.

As it turns out, I just wasn't used to the twist throttle that came on it (I had always used a thumb) When I switched it to a thumb throttle, it seemed like a whole new quad. My problem with jumping turned out to be because I didn't know when to let off the throttle as I jumped, I just wasn't used to it. With the thumb throttle, I could manage the powerband, I could jump it with ease, I could push the quad to it's limits.

This may not apply to your situation at all, or it may be the true solution to the problem you are having.

quadman21
05-27-2003, 04:53 AM
Listen to wilkin250r. I have tried a twist throttle twice. I simply could not get used to it. I litteraly forgot how to ride. I never got adjusted to it. So I tried one years later and had the same results. I am so adapted to a thumb throttle my mind just can't register a twist throttle. But that's just me.