PDA

View Full Version : 250ex clutch.....bad?

BKex
05-26-2003, 11:20 AM
hey guys im woderin if the clutch on my 250 is bad or not ive been tryin to adjust it all day. when i shift it slips big time between each gear. do you think by cluth is bad?

bakerboyz
05-26-2003, 12:12 PM
I read an article in Dirt Wheel about a year ago. It was an ATV rental company in Calif. The article was about how they loved the 250EX for it's durability. The only problem they experienced was worn clutches. It was attributed to beginers riding too slow in high gear. There was a picture of the mechanic with like 50 worn clutches behind him.

Not saying your a beginner, Just that ther do wear out.

Also, Don't use 10W 30 energy conserving automotive oil. it will make your clutch slip.

Let me know how it works out and how much it cost you. I got kids riding my 250 all the time and will likely need a clutch myself soon.

BKex
05-26-2003, 12:23 PM
Ya im no beginer rider im usally wot. I just changed my oil the day before with some valvoline atv 10W40 never used it before dont know if thats got some to do with it slippin. Does anybody know of a company that makes an aftermarket clutch and where i can get it from?

250EXking
05-26-2003, 12:39 PM
yeah ebc makes a after market clutch system for the 25oex. i guess it adds to a little holeshot acceleration and it has heavier springs. rocky mountain has them pretty cheap like 40 or 50 bucks i think.