PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want my advice on how to do some tricks?

Nausty
05-26-2003, 05:23 AM
Well I think I got lots of wheelie tricks down and was woundering if any of you guys wanted advice on how to do any of em'? Heres what all I can do and i'll do my best to give yall pointers.

Heel clicker wheelie
quick and easy cross over (basically how to get your feet over the bars the easiest)
superman wheelie
dead engine manual wheelie
high chair (wheelie where you sit on bars)
high chair endo
one handed can can wheelie
regular heel clicker in the air
flamingo
also I can drag both feet on a wheelie, dunno what they call it tho.

I know i'm forgetting a few tricks but if you want to just know how hard it is to learn the trick, how dangerous it is or pointers on how to do them and what to do when you get in trouble then just ask and i'll be happy to help.

QuAdRaCeR244
05-26-2003, 05:25 AM
i am interested in hearing how to do all of them. if youhave the time.:ermm:

Nausty
05-26-2003, 05:28 AM
lol, seriously, I will over time if enough people seem interested in them but if I go into detail in each one i'll be here for hours.

What the heck, heres a few pointers for wheelies.

If you plan on doing a lot of wheelie tricks where you can't use your brake turn your idel down that way if you go back to far you can just let off the gas. Keep in mind if you take it down to far your quad will die easy when you try doing stoppies and 12 o' clocks.

If you go on the wheelie bar try not to slam on the brake its much safer imo to just ease on to the rear brake until your wheelie bar lifts up and once you get good at it you can still keep it balanced.

When you get going to fast on a wheelie where your wrapping out the motor just go into a flamingo and drag a foot and start slowly letting off the gas. By dragging your foot you get a better feel for how close to hitting the wheelie bar and can just push off the ground w/ your foot if you tryed to rely on the low idel to slow you down to much.

QuAdRaCeR244
05-26-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
lol, seriously, I will over time if enough people seem interested in them but if I go into detail in each one i'll be here for hours.

yeah i bet. but could you at least post about the high chair endo? i haev been trying that and i keep falling over
:o

QuAdRaCeR244
05-26-2003, 05:48 AM
Alright, this is actually a easy trick imo. It looks a lot harder than it is and its really easy to save if you go to far. The main thing you gotta watch for is keeping the rear end strait. It has a tendancy to go into a whip and if it does steer into the whip and let off the brakes.

If your having problems getting it up just keep your body kinda stiff and give the front brake a quick blip to get the rear end up and when it starts to fall start getting on the brake. Try to learn them in 1st gear that way if you to far its easy to save it and if you go to far just hang on with your hands and try to get to where you can stand on the ground and then push off and it'll come back down.

Want me to go into better detail on anything?

thanks a lot Nausty. i think i will be able to do them better now. do you have ay pics i can see of you doing one?

Nausty
05-26-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by QuAdRaCeR244
yeah i bet. but could you at least post about the high chair endo? i haev been trying that and i keep falling over
:o

Alright, this is actually a easy trick imo. It looks a lot harder than it is and its really easy to save if you go to far. The main thing you gotta watch for is keeping the rear end strait. It has a tendancy to go into a whip and if it does steer into the whip and let off the brakes.

If your having problems getting it up just keep your body kinda stiff and give the front brake a quick blip to get the rear end up and when it starts to fall start getting on the brake. Try to learn them in 1st gear that way if you to far its easy to save it and if you go to far just hang on with your hands and try to get to where you can stand on the ground and then push off and it'll come back down.

Want me to go into better detail on anything?

QuAdRaCeR244
05-26-2003, 05:52 AM
thanks for the pic

Nausty
05-26-2003, 05:54 AM
again, just start off slow and small and just keep working up as you feel comfortable. Thats the best pic I got but I can get em' a lot higher.

QuAdRaCeR244
05-26-2003, 05:58 AM
i will try to get out and ride today and get some pics of me trying

rdmex
05-26-2003, 06:33 AM
i like doin wheelies too :D

hessianmx111
05-26-2003, 09:24 AM
hey nausy i need some help on double cans and how to roll a stoppie if you know:confused: thanx

Nausty
05-26-2003, 09:54 AM
i can only do regular can's not double's yet. Rolling stopies is pretty hard and a lot of it is just luck imo but I get going 2nd gear pretty fast get on the brakes hard at first and just get on the brake when I think the rear end is about to drop. Just takes lots of practice and I can only do them when i'm sitting on the bars. Endo's are so much easier on a bike. Do a search on how to do a double can there is lots of posts about it.

BaD_250ex
05-28-2003, 05:08 PM
That High Chair endo is tight!!! Im gonna try it in the morning. Thanks for the advice.

BaD_250ex
05-28-2003, 05:10 PM
O ya, could you post a pic of the one handed can can wheelie? Thanks

Flyin#3-1/2
05-29-2003, 05:25 AM
your a f@g and you suck at fu<king riding wheeler. Quadshot rules and the rest suck the big one.

Flyin#3-1/2
05-29-2003, 05:26 AM
quadshot rocks over all you ametuers cause you suck on your mamas big saggy tits

flyin#5
05-29-2003, 06:09 AM
lol that was *** Al on neals name:rolleyes:

Flyin#3-1/2
05-29-2003, 06:10 AM
yea that was Big Gay Al as we call him:rolleyes: sorry guys

Nausty
05-29-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by BaD_250ex
O ya, could you post a pic of the one handed can can wheelie? Thanks

rdmex
05-29-2003, 04:23 PM
me doin a one handed wheelie :)

rider250ex
05-30-2003, 07:23 AM
hey. sweet tricks. just to let you know the wheelie where you drag your feet behind you is call an ape hanger.

Nausty
05-30-2003, 07:46 AM
I thought ape hanger was where you went on to the wheelie bar and jump off the back to where your almost laying down on the ground. I just drag my feet and my wheelie bar doesn't touch.

JLanphear
05-30-2003, 08:17 AM
Tell me what a "double can" is and I will post a picture of one ASAP (supposed to rain all weekend so no promises until maybe next week).

Do you just sit on the seat sideways with your legs out or what :huh ???

Nausty
05-30-2003, 09:44 AM
I though he meant in the air which I can't do a no foot can yet but I am going for it this weekend. But I can ride wheelies in the no foot can position.

Rip_Tear
05-30-2003, 02:20 PM
Well, I love wheeling on BMX and stuff, but haven't done much on the 400ex. So I have got a question do you start your wheelies sitting down, or standing? (Which is easier?) Any tip's for keeping it off the grab bar? And is your grab bar supposed to be slightly bent up a bit ? (like 10 degrees?) Thanks! :D

Nausty
05-30-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
Well, I love wheeling on BMX and stuff, but haven't done much on the 400ex. So I have got a question do you start your wheelies sitting down, or standing? (Which is easier?) Any tip's for keeping it off the grab bar? And is your grab bar supposed to be slightly bent up a bit ? (like 10 degrees?) Thanks! :D

Actually I think its easier to pop up in a wheelie w/ my left foot in the wheelie bar and after that probably sitting down but honestly the wheelies i'm worst at are regular ones. Don't get me wrong I can ride em' for a long time but I just don't feel comfortable riding that way.

When I go back to far on a wheelie I just let off the gas to let the motor use its compression to slow down the rear tire causing the front end to drop. The thing is is that you might have to lower your idel speed to do it but if you don't wanna do it that way your gonna have to learn brake control while riding a wheelie.

What do you mean your rear grab bar is bent up? If you talking about the entire sub frame yeah it tilts up slightly and isn't bent anywhere in the middle. (the sub frame and wheelie bar are the same part). Heres what mine looks like.

Rip_Tear
05-31-2003, 11:23 AM
Thanks. I realise they are both one part, what I was meaning is where the sub frame connects and the grab bar start... Mine is bent just a little bit more then regular. I guess the previous owner bent it a little bit... Its not bad just a a bit higher, or I may just be seeing things... Thanks for the info though :D

JLanphear
06-01-2003, 03:29 AM
I though he meant in the air which I can't do a no foot can yet but I am going for it this weekend. But I can ride wheelies in the no foot can position.

Hmmm...in the air could be pretty hard...Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Kilabanshee
06-01-2003, 04:40 AM
Ever since i saw those pictures of you doing wheelies and endo's ive been trying to do them like you. I can sit on the bar and wheelie thats really easy. And i can sit on the bar and do and endo on my buddie gregs banshee with no problems.