PDA

View Full Version : How Much is my R worth?!!!

Davemx250r
05-26-2003, 04:39 AM
Hey i was just curious as to how much you all think i could get out of my R if i decided to sell it. heres the list.
ENGINE
86 bottom end completly gone through this past fall, 89 length rod, 270 mid ported cylinder. Boysen carbon reed(s) valve,38 air stryker carb, Lrd Rev unlimiter ignition,
CHASSIS
86 frame pc'ed black & gusseted buy tom miller, Jrd +3+1 lobo long travel front end, Long travel tripple rate fully adjustable elkas(rebound and comp), Rear Axis fully adjustable, Rear stock swing arm shortened and gusseted by tom miller, rpm dominator +4 axle, leager stem,aero taper CR lo bend bars, Champion bead locks all the way around, riken fronts shredder rears.

I think thats a majority of it, heres a pic of it i took just the other day. So lets here it, what does everyone think its worth. I can answer any questions.

lil400exman
05-26-2003, 04:44 AM
who do you even want to sell? well w/e i bet u could get a good 7g out of her...................total package ready to race...........:D

Davemx250r
05-26-2003, 04:48 AM
Im not gunna sell soon, but im wanting a four stroke, like a decked z440 or sumtin, i dont have the money for a crf, maybe if yamaha or honda will get their *** in gear id buy one of their new four strokes that their "spose" to be coming out with. Might even concider trading even up for a cannondale MOTO

Davemx250r
05-26-2003, 03:36 PM
bump come on guys i need some more opinions on a price please.

KASCHAK
05-26-2003, 03:45 PM
ya id say somewhere around 7 7and a half. very nice quad. got any more pics?

stocktires
05-26-2003, 05:01 PM
I'd say around $6k-$6.5k

If you EVER wana sell it, PLEASE lmk, I would REALLY like to trade you front ends and give you money in exchange! (I'd be giving your +2+1 sundahl arms (mint) and fresh works TR's w/ rezzy's)

05-26-2003, 06:40 PM
Off topic but your shocks look like there missing a spring or something.

05-26-2003, 06:42 PM
?

Davemx250r
05-27-2003, 09:58 AM
Lol well their not really missing a spring, the guy that had them before me requested tripple rate when he bought them so thats why. And as for trading for those a-arms, no thanks, youd have to give me the a-arms and shocks plus about 1200 bucks for me to concider, those a-arms are a couple days old, same with the shocks. Heres my calculations
works Tr- $250-300
some a-arms never heard of-300
Youv got 600 bucks worth
1 week old Jrd a-arms-800
LT fully adjustable elkas with 6 rides on them-900

But i might end of parting this thing out in the end unless some one will trade me a race ready Z440, raptor or Canondale Moto440

05-27-2003, 10:44 AM
ur nuts keep the r

AC 400 ex 02
05-27-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by freeride132
ur nuts keep the r
that things sick! id keep it!

KASCHAK
05-27-2003, 04:06 PM
deff. keep the R

BaD_250ex
05-27-2003, 04:49 PM
Davemx250r

Hey i was just curious as to how much you all think i could get out of my R if i decided to sell it. heres the list.
ENGINE
86 bottom end completly gone through this past fall, 89 length rod, 270 mid ported cylinder. Boysen carbon reed(s) valve,38 air stryker carb, Lrd Rev unlimiter ignition,
CHASSIS
86 frame pc'ed black & gusseted buy tom miller, Jrd +3+1 lobo long travel front end, Long travel tripple rate fully adjustable elkas(rebound and comp), Rear Axis fully adjustable, Rear stock swing arm shortened and gusseted by tom miller, rpm dominator +4 axle, leager stem,aero taper CR lo bend bars, Champion bead locks all the way around, riken fronts shredder rears.

I think thats a majority of it, heres a pic of it i took just the other day. So lets here it, what does everyone think its worth. I can answer any questions.

Considering all of the above, id say its worth.......more than my life!!

Glow Plug
05-27-2003, 05:50 PM
looks sweet why would you sell it? but as long as you like what you get next :) is the rear plastic just set on there or is it sagging?

Davemx250r
05-28-2003, 04:06 AM
Yea i didnt think id ever wanna sell it either, but i rode a cannondale the other day for the first time , and a crf450 quad, and those things put out some power now, well if not power a sure whole *** load of torque, i fell in love with the cannondale, crazy wheel popping low-end grunt and thats what i want. We measured my frame and theres no way to get any kind of four stroke engine into a 250r frame. This 250r is startin to be quite the money muncher and maintanence wanter. I spend 300 dollars a year on JUST pre-mix oil. So i dunno, these R's are starting to lose their value pretty fast i think because of all the racing going to four strokes. I wanna sell while im ahead and still get some good money out of it.

XANDADA
05-28-2003, 04:26 AM
Dang, you must do a lot of riding to blow $300 in premix oil! I bought a 5 gallon jug of Maxima K-2 for $120 and that is gonna take me at least 5 more years to use up. I haven't even used a gallon in a year yet! Nice R though, I'd keep it.... IMO, your gonna have to really sink some $ into a EX or Moto to get it up to the same caliber as your R currently is.

Davemx250r
05-29-2003, 03:00 AM
Yea i ride about 2-3 hours EVERYDAY even after school so thats why i buy so much oil and GAS. And what do you mean id really have to sink some money into a moto to get it to the same caliber as my bike? i heard the moto's will eat an R for lunch right outa the box. But if i did get a moto it would be axis all around, jrd front end and jrd rear end.
Also i got to lookin at some pics of tim far and them ridin the Z's down in macon, i may be seeing things but he's puttin a rooste out behind him 3 times bigger than my R does.

So its either the Z or the moto, im kinda leaning toward the moto right now.

XANDADA
05-29-2003, 04:34 AM
I'm lucky if I have time to go out 2-3 hours a weekend:( I meant by the time you add LT front end on either you just spent a wad of cash extra. I don't know if a moto will eat an R for lunch, never ridden one but I know it won't if I get to spend the same amount of $ on the R as you will on that moto. Don't believe the hype about all these four strokes either. It's kind of funny how last weekend I watched four guys with heavily moded 400ex's (416 & 440 kits) take an R out for a spin and each one came back grinin ear to ear saying holy S. One of them said he's looking to get himself one now and sell the ex. The pro's are only switching cause they are looking for $ from the manufacturers and I don't blame them one bit. Baldwin said Farr is making insane $ (for a quad racer) off of Suzuki for riding the z-400 and that is the only reason he switched. That engine Farr is riding is far from stock, I'm sure he easily has $3k worth of mods to that Z engine alone. I'm just BSing here don't get mad Dave:macho, just killin time at lunch. I'd love to have a Z or moto...as my backup ride:D

Davemx250r
05-29-2003, 07:44 AM
lol its cool, but i still think the four strokes are out doin the two-strokes, when i rode my friends walsh cr450, it was insane, its got so much torque you can wheely it with out leaning back, it gets from point A to point B with less tire spin and more speed, how does a moto compare to a cr450 or yz426 quad? What would i have to do to a Z motor to make it hang with an R?

05-29-2003, 11:05 AM
go ahead buy a z 400...

KASCHAK
05-29-2003, 02:12 PM
umm i dont get the picture what is suppost to be saying?

05-29-2003, 02:42 PM
look at the frame:huh

KASCHAK
05-29-2003, 02:44 PM
hahahaha junk. i thought the wheels were just turned didnt look hard enough. haha lol :eek2:

05-29-2003, 02:47 PM
Id buy a frame and motor and try to work most of your R stuff onto the frame and then put the motor in and go from there. Saves money and time. Just my opinion. I say you get a good 6500 out of it. Only place to really sell it is on ebay.com or trade it off

Davemx250r
05-29-2003, 04:04 PM
If i got a Z i would def. send it to lonestar for the gusset kit. But im leaning towards the Dale more, got horse power right outa the box, if there were 2 equally skilled riders, one riding my R and one riding a moto440 with lobo front end and axis all around, which you think would win on a moderate open track, say macon GA.

05-29-2003, 04:10 PM
if u got a stock R frame id sell your motor, buy a yzf or crf and have someone put the motor in your quad

Davemx250r
05-29-2003, 04:12 PM
Yea thats what i wish i could do to but it wont fit in my frame, its lackin a good 2 inches in height.

05-29-2003, 04:19 PM
why dont u sell yours for 6500 buy a used 400 for 3100 or 3 sell the stock parts, build a crf or yzf, u could prob keep your front shocks and stuff like that, and your axle and hubs and wheels off the r , you could probaly build one pretty easy that way

Davemx250r
05-29-2003, 04:39 PM
I dont have 2 grand for an aftermarket frame and i dont have an additional 3 grand for a crf.

stocktires
05-29-2003, 05:31 PM
First things first....My front end is nicer than you think, it would actually be worth about $800.

anyway, I'd say keep the R. A 250r is STILL the dominating quad because of the huge amount of avaliable aftermarket parts and also it has an awesome foundation.
Sure a 450f and 426f will haul arse, but a Power-Valved R with an equally skilled rider will have the advantage.
Plus, that slight advantage will only matter on a professional level, which we both aren't on (yet :blah: )
You already have an LT front end! Thats ALOT of money tied up into your R.
But If your going to do a 450f or 426f powered quad, DON'T run a stock R or EX frame. If your gonna do it, do it right! And dont get me started on Z-400 frames :p even if that one was re-inforced, I doubt it wouldn't have bent

Davemx250r
05-29-2003, 09:21 PM
IM still hearing nothing on cannondale? Yea you say a powervalve R will be dominate, im runing a stock 270 ported cylinder. PLus i dont like my front end, the elka shocks were $|-|it right off the bat. And my lower lefr jrd a-arm has an incredibly squeeky heims, i investigated and instead of the king pin turning in the heims housing, the hole dam thing is turnin inside the metal welded cup, metal against metal, it wasnt a tight enough fit so it all turns.
And four strokes dont just haul ars, they are easier to ride, and when sumtin's easier to ride you normally do better at it and last longer. I like the fact of only shifting once or twice during a lap.

insane250Racer
05-31-2003, 05:32 PM
AHHH MAN I WOULD TRADE MY 02 SPEED FOR THAT SUCKER! it has moto mapping and hmf pipe ...its quick as **** it still has nobbies on the tires and has all the updates ..my email insane250racer@comcast.net ..i have apic

06-01-2003, 05:59 AM
i dont have any expirience with either but ive heard a few times a 310/350pv will have trouble keeping with a yzf or crf, the yf and crf are also easier to ride so u conserve energy and have more fun

zzbudzz
06-01-2003, 06:50 AM
uummm....about 32 dollars american.

Davemx250r
06-01-2003, 07:58 AM
Hey insane250r racer i sent you an email. heres the way i see it, my R is worth bout 7500-7800 , iv been loooking at alota cannondales forsale latley and most speeds and cannibals are goin for $4000(some even cheaper) so take 7500 minus 4000 and that bout how much to boot you'd need to make it fair which is 3500. Cuz after i get a dale i gotta take that spare cash and put an lt front end on and a few other lil things. thanks
Dave

PS sho me a pic of your speed