PDA

View Full Version : footpegs and/or propeg nerfs

Notu400ex
05-26-2003, 02:25 AM
Several years ago, I bought a set of DG propeg nerf bars. The footpegs are lower and positioned further back. They are very wide too. I don't think DG makes this style today. The one problem was the tabs where the nets would connect to the footpeg would break off.

Anyhow, what I really want is another set of comparable footpegs. I am 6'6" tall and this makes the quad feel much more comfortable. I just bought the AC Propegs and they actually seem about 1/4" higher than stock. Anyone know of a company that makes either footpegs or propeg nerfs that would meet my needs?

/Jon

lil400exman
05-26-2003, 06:43 AM
ac are stock height and made 20 times better than dg crap........................:scary:

Notu400ex
05-26-2003, 07:11 AM
I agree that the new ACs are much better than the DGs in terms of craftmanship especially when you consider how they bolt to the front engine mounts, the better tabs that hold the nets, and being much lighter than the old style DG nerfs - mine have huge steel footpegs, use a steel tube to mount at the front across the frame via u-bolts, and do not offer any foot protection from the rear tire.

As far as being the same as stock height, you better measure. I was being nice saying they seem higher. Truth is that they are. I have one 400ex that is totally stock, one with the AC Propegs, and the other with the older style DG.

In any case, what I am looking for is a set that lowers the footpegs so my legs are not all bent up when I am sitting on the seat, lowers my overall center of gravity. A 1 1/2" difference between the ACs and the DGs on one of my 400exs makes a big difference when you are tall. I already run a longer steering stem so this isn't a good option.

Any suggestions are really appreciated?

remlapr
05-26-2003, 08:00 AM
I know exactly what you need - Magnum Pro Pegs. They are suppose to be almost the same as the old style DG - large steel pegs, set back 1" and down 1", they may actually be the old DG's sold under a different name now? I don't know - they are kind of hard to find though - do some searches on here and you will see pics...