PDA

View Full Version : FDO motors

slosh13
05-25-2003, 03:50 PM
Has any one had any problems with their motors? From what I read, I hear they build some pretty strong motors. Has anybody had any experience with their 440 kit ( if they even hav such a kit). Any info provided can help...thanks:)

slosh13
05-25-2003, 03:51 PM
What kind of # would I be looking to spend if I was considering FDO to do my motr? How much would he chaarge for just the parts?

slosh13
05-25-2003, 03:52 PM
$$ * sorry

abcracing
05-25-2003, 04:50 PM
mike at FDO RACING builds some great motors.i run his national 440 motor and it is unreal. last time we had it on a dyno it pushed 48 hp that was on the dyno maching at GT THUNDER the main thing with a motor that makes that much power(or any motor for that fact)is maintanence.there are some guys that run FDO motors that has problems but they don't take care of there bikes.mine on the other hand is maintined VERY well and i have never had a problem with it.i actually ran 1 fun season of motorcross racing and never replaced the rings.it all depends on how you take care of it.price wise it really depends on what you have mike do.there are so many diffrent things he can do it with. the best advice i can give you is to give him a call and have him price you yourself.there #is 740-967-1078 he is usually there are 6 in the evening till later.

remlapr
05-25-2003, 05:41 PM
Where is FDO?

05-26-2003, 05:58 AM
Johnstown Ohio, about a half hour north east of columbus.

slosh13
05-27-2003, 02:36 AM
Hey ABCRACING,

how much did your motor cost from FDO and what all did you have Mike do to it. thanks

05-27-2003, 11:23 AM
Hey slosh just give Mike a call he is a really nice guy to talk to. He will be more than happy to give you prices on whatever you want done. from simple trail mods to full out GNCC/GNC National motors.

abcracing
05-27-2003, 04:29 PM
i have more money in my motor than i would like to think. lol actually its all the other things that i have added that has cost me alot of money.i have a complete custom air box and intake tube that me and mike at fdo designed.over sized oil tank. just diffrent things like that.i also work with mike at the shop so i get everythign done really cheap.i believe if you have everything done to your motor that mine does is approx. $2000 please don;t hold me to that but thats just a rough idea.mike is the one who does all the pricing i just sell parts and help put motors together.in about a week or 2 i will have some dyno results posted.last time we had it at the dyno was 48 hp and i do have the charts to prove it if you would like to see.this time when we go back we have made some changes and are going to try some diffrent gas to see if it helps.call mike and he can give you a exact price on what it would cost.his # is 740-967-1078 tell him you would like a motor priced just like BILL's

shaneb
05-27-2003, 04:32 PM
abcracing get to work on my 493 !!!!

It is supposed to ship this week !!!

abcracing
05-27-2003, 04:38 PM
lol i'm trying shane me,mike and randy are doing our best to try and get these things done as soon as possiable.it just sux that it has been taking so long to get the cranks done. if it wasn't for that it would be done by now.catch ya later man. BILL

Ben
05-28-2003, 12:31 AM
Hey Bill/Randy, do you guys have anyone going to the Millfield, Ohio GNCC race on Saturday? I'm running up to your shop on Saturday to pick up my engine and exhaust and carb but it would save me two hours and allow me to go to the GNCC race if one of you guys is going to the GNCC and I could just pick up my stuff from them. I thought GNCCer was close to you (and was going to ask him to bring it), but he is not close at all :p Please let me know :D

Thanks,

Ben

shaneb
05-28-2003, 04:46 AM
no problem abcracing, it is going to be worth the wait !!!!

I am just glad I bought the second engine for you guys to build. Otherwise it would really suck to have my bike down for this long ...

Shane

abcracing
05-28-2003, 07:56 AM
hey ben i think we have a couple of guys going this weekend that would be able to bring it if mike has it done.the crank was soppose to be in yesterday but never showed up.mike is calling him today to see where it is at so he can get it finished for you ASAP i am leaving in the morning to go race at casey illinois but i can have him call you to see when it will be done and if someone can take it to millfield for you. later BILL

abcracing
05-28-2003, 07:58 AM
yeah shane it does suck taking this long to have the motor work done.the main thing that has been taking forever is getting the cranks done.the company we work with use to be fairly fast at getting them done but the have been ALOT slower latley.it really will be worth your wait and i'm sorry it is taking this long. LATER BILL