PDA

View Full Version : Got my 400ex.......Kill switch (tether doesn't work)

wilson10
05-25-2003, 02:58 PM
I just picked up my quad and it came with a tether kill switch. Stock still works, but I would like to put this one on there. Not sure who makes it and there is no instructions either. The switch itself has like a rubber boot with a hard platic piece that pushes the "switch" in when the boot is attached. I have 2 wires...1 black and 1 white. Any help here? Thanks guys!

wilson10
05-25-2003, 02:59 PM
also would like to leave the stock switch hooked up also!

JOEX
05-25-2003, 03:19 PM
This is from Rocky Mountain FAQ...for Pro-Design Kill Switch

A: Attach the switch to the handle bar. Connect the short wire (ground) anywhere metal on the machine to ground it.
Take the long wire and connect it to the positive wire from the stator (usually found on the left or shift side of the machine)

If you have another brand try checking their web site for more info.

Joe

wilson10
05-25-2003, 03:22 PM
both wires are same length LOL white and black! and i have no clue who makes it!

JOEX
05-25-2003, 03:35 PM
LOL! Figures!
I'm not better at household wiring than automotive, but i'd assume the black is ground and white goes to the stator. You might want to wait till someone with more knowledge comes along though. Do you have a service manual? It may shed some light on the subject.
Sorry I couldn't be more help,

Joe

Mr_Bub400ex
05-25-2003, 04:12 PM
the black is power and white is ground. on mine it worked. the CDi is under ur right front fender. so take the fenders off. then going into the black box u will see a black wire with a yellow stripe. hook the power wire(for me it was black) and then hook the other one to ground. then it should work.

RytM1
05-25-2003, 04:24 PM
Hmmmm, never heard of it getting connected to the CDI, the one wire gets spliced into one of the coil wires. The coil is located behind the left side panel.

SLB400EX
05-26-2003, 12:32 AM
CONGRATS on the new-to-you toy Cory!!! I've been wondering how it went.
Ready to take it to WNF and get it all muddy??? :devil:
Rob and I went yesterday and we founds LOTSA mud!!

Oh..I have no clue on the kill switch..just wanted to say congrats.. lol

Later .. Sher

wilson10
05-26-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Bub400ex
the black is power and white is ground. on mine it worked. the CDi is under ur right front fender. so take the fenders off. then going into the black box u will see a black wire with a yellow stripe. hook the power wire(for me it was black) and then hook the other one to ground. then it should work.

That worked!!! I just grounded to a spot on the frame! Worked like a CHAMP! Thanks guys!