PDA

View Full Version : Carb Problem! Please help!

JsnEX
05-24-2003, 09:23 PM
I'm having a problem getting my quad to stay running with the choke off. I thought that my carburator just needed to be cleaned but i took it completely apart and cleaned everything including all the jets and put it back together but still no luck. When i start it up on full choke it idles fine but no matter how long i let it run for with the choke on, when i take it off of choke it dies.

After it dies i can start it back up with the choke off if i hold the trottle in alittle so i figured that it was just the idle screw that needed to be adjusted but when i get on and ride it, it runs terrible with out the choke on! It acts like its not getting enough air because as soon as i turn the choke back on to full choke it runs great!

The airfilter is clean and nothing is blocking the clear tube that connects to the airbox so i know its getting air. I think it has to be something with the carburator. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I really don't want to have to pay a whole lot for the guys at honda to fix it if its gonna be something that i can do! Thanks alot in advance for all of your help!

ex EX rider
05-24-2003, 10:45 PM
Have you checked to see if you are getting a good flow of gas to the carb?When you choke it,you are cutting off air,and making it run richer.If you have a good flow of gas,then you most likely have a float problem.

Chanman420q
05-25-2003, 02:43 AM
BTW... To turn the choke OFF you push it all the way DOWN... If the yellow tab is UP choke is ON....

.... lets just say i had a little experience with your same problem ....