PDA

View Full Version : Shock price questions help me out please

HiperEX
05-24-2003, 06:11 PM
Im goin to be gettin some new shocks for my 400 first when i get it this beginning summer and i was wonder what the prices would go from with elka and works i want a triple rate shock for +2 a-arms and i would also like to have rezzies on the shocks i weigh about 140 and i need to know these prices so i can start figureing stuff out im already starting to order other stuff just need these shock prices down thanks for any answer

mysticfalcon
05-24-2003, 06:16 PM
works are about 320 without rezzy or 520 with rezzy. elkas are about 550 without and 850 with.

haydug
05-25-2003, 02:23 AM
You should try TCS, they run around $750 with res. and work great. Do some checking around, everyone with them so far is extremely happy with them.

norrisboat
05-25-2003, 05:53 AM
You can get PEP's for $800 with rezzies. Pep are the best if not second to Custom Axis. All the pros run PEP's and Custom axis. But buy what you want. I just recommend Peps. I would spend 50 bucks more for Pep's.

bongwater200
05-25-2003, 12:55 PM
What Norris says is true........ if you take a gate of 20 pro riders, about 15-16 of them are on PEP suspension. The rest are Axis, for the most part, and Gust on Elka.

If you have to pinch the pennies, I think TCS is probably the best deal for the money out there at $750 for triple rates with SCS and comp adjust. You can also get PEP Limited MASS for about $700 or so, which are GREAT shocks, but don't have the ZPS setup.

If you can afford a few extra bucks and don't get too impatient, I think PEPs are the best shocks out there. $895 will buy you PEP triple rate with ZPS and comp adjust in either std or long travel. These are the shocks that MOST of the pro class is running.

There are lots of good choices for shocks, but with the above shocks, you won't have the feeling that you didn't get what you paid for after you bolt them on. They are the absolute best bang for your buck.

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-25-2003, 01:22 PM
The problem with PEP is not the money, its the wait. Sure, I'd run PEP anyday, but I'm not going to wait 4-6 months so that x's them out. I decided to get TCS when I gather the money.

HiperEX
05-26-2003, 03:41 AM
yeah i would like the peps but after all these long wait for them kinda sucks i think ill either go with teh tcs or works im not really sure tho when the time comes ill decide do you really think its worth it to buy tcs over works whats the differnce? and how do tcs compare to elkas?