PDA

View Full Version : turf tamers

sickyellow400ex
05-24-2003, 06:27 AM
how good are turf tamers for trail riding. right now i have 18x11/9 holeshot mx and the dont do crap i have had them for like 3 rides and they are bald

Chanman420q
05-25-2003, 08:18 AM
i would get 20inch tamers for trail riding.

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-25-2003, 09:07 AM
I wouldn't get Tamers period for trails. They are a MX tire, if you do trails theirs much better choices.

StreetLegalEX
05-25-2003, 09:43 AM
They do pretty good on Tarmac to....guy I know has them on his Banshee. He does burnouts like forever and his turf tamers are about 4years old and still not worn......
They also slide real good on Tarmac.

But then again, that wasn't the question. Wouldn't recommend them for trail riding either. For trails I would go with Shredders/Razrs. Just my opinion.

QuadTrix6
05-25-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by StreetLegalEX
They do pretty good on Tarmac to....guy I know has them on his Banshee. He does burnouts like forever and his turf tamers are about 4years old and still not worn......
They also slide real good on Tarmac.

But then again, that wasn't the question. Wouldn't recommend them for trail riding either. For trails I would go with Shredders/Razrs. Just my opinion.

:huh :huh i wish mined lasted one season of racing they wear pretty fast especially on pavement, im not sure what tarmac is but i ride groomed MX tracks and mine were pretty fast :ermm: ..i would keep em off the trails though