PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock Quicksilver carb

nacs400ex
05-23-2003, 03:23 PM
Just wondering how good these carbs are, and how do you tune them in good? I have heard people have headaches with them, is this true ??

Thanks

Craig Hendriks.

JustRace
05-23-2003, 05:20 PM
Have had 0 problems with mine, and its been extremely easy to tune. The biggest problem I have had is that the needle that was suppose to come stock in it, the manual says 16e, wasn't the right one, I had a 15e in mine so it was really lean.

Big - D Racing
05-23-2003, 07:51 PM
I love my 440 Doug Eichner series edelbrock, it adds more hp and torque than the fcr39 and the tuning is a lot easier, no jet to deal with. All you do is figure out what needle you need. Call duncan racing tell them your set up and they will tell you what needle to run. Then fine tune it by making it leaner or richer by a simple twist of the needle adjuster that is external or even easier buy the long adjuster from edelbrock for $30 and you adjust the mixture while your riding, just reach down and twist a knob. Couldn't be any easier. Very simple, very fast. Plus no need to adjust it for altitude changes, it compensates itself.

crashinmatt
05-24-2003, 01:03 AM
a buddy of mine bought one at the beginning of the year, and has since sold it. he didnt like it. everytime he got everything runnin right, and started to ride, it would just start runnin crappy. then he would have to dig into it, and turn some screws, then it would run good, then after a couple laps it would start runninncrapy. all this from someone who knows what they r doin, when it comes to quads.

nacs400ex
05-24-2003, 02:37 AM
hmm... sounds like a pretty good carb. I think I am convinced on getting this GWC Stage III kit. It comes with all the parts I need to make my 400ex faster. I got the suspension.. I am tired of the power, so this shall be good.:D