PDA

View Full Version : raush creek hare scramble on june 1st

ex kid
05-23-2003, 12:54 PM
anyone going? as of right now i am. has anyone raced it before, i'd like to have an idea of what im going to be up against. i'm pretty sure they will have the same classes as at pinegrove so if they do i'll be on a red 250ex in the 0-230 class.

QuadRacer041
05-23-2003, 11:02 PM
i have a question, is it the same course as the gncc race???

Tina
05-24-2003, 12:12 AM
Hey Lou,

Our harescramble is at the MX & ATV Park. Have you been up lately to check out the changes on the tracks? On another subject, today is our annual open house. We're having a pig roast and giving away door prizes!
Tina

QuadRacer041
05-24-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Tina
Hey Lou,

Our harescramble is at the MX & ATV Park. Have you been up lately to check out the changes on the tracks? On another subject, today is our annual open house. We're having a pig roast and giving away door prizes!
Tina

thanks for the quick reply tina,
no i havent been up yet this year, lookin forward to the june 7 and 8 ride, ill be there for sure. hope im able to get in the video the will be shooting there...:eek:
so the harescramble is a differnt coarse then?how does it compare to the gncc coarse, much easier i hope.

ex kid
05-24-2003, 01:01 AM
i have a question to. how long is the race? laps and length? thanks

Tina
05-24-2003, 01:16 AM
This is straight from the manager:

"The race will be 1.5 hours long so you will probably have to stop
for fuel. The course is mostly woods with a lot of elevation changes, tight sections, fast sections, and just about everything else you can imagine at a hare scramble. The course will be about 7-8 miles."

How it compares to the GNCC? Maybe some of the members have better insight? JHughes, Pappy, 465 Stroker?

I hope you're in the video to, your pics are always really cool! Fisher does a great job with the video's. He did one up at the park a while ago with Jason Dunkelberger doing a 115' jump with a web cam on his helmet!! It is so awesome!! We watch that part over and over!!:D :D

exkid, I'll get a list of classes and post them for you.

Pappy
05-24-2003, 02:35 AM
the last race i was in seemed pretty close to a gncc....not as much mud holes but was plenty tight with some very fast open sections:) the only part i didnt like of that course was near the end of a lap there was that small section around that sink hole:grr not too many spots make me close my eyes and pray and that did:p

lou im sure youll get ""air" time:D we maybe going up monday to practice...if so ill swing into the mx track and get some pics.

tina ...when is dinner ready:macho :devil

QuadRacer041
05-24-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
the last race i was in seemed pretty close to a gncc....not as much mud holes but was plenty tight with some very fast open sections:) the only part i didnt like of that course was near the end of a lap there was that small section around that sink hole:grr not too many spots make me close my eyes and pray and that did:p

lou im sure youll get ""air" time:D we maybe going up monday to practice...if so ill swing into the mx track and get some pics.

tina ...when is dinner ready:macho :devil

thanks pappy, take a bunch of pics

Ex'r Marlin
05-24-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I remember that sink hole like it was yesterday!:eek: I agree... It was a bit scarry going around that... Especially seeing that there was some tire marks that someone went down there!:eek2: :eek:

Rausch Creek does put on a great race. It is more technical than Flying Dutchmen. I highly recommend a skid plate for this course. The last hare scramble (Not the GNCC), had the same classes as Pine Groves Flying Dutchmen.

As for needing to refuel during the 1.5 hour race, I don't know of any of the 4 strokers needing to refuel... I know I still had fuel to spare after the race on my 400ex.

Good luck if you go!!:)

Pappy
05-24-2003, 04:46 PM
we didnt race marlin...we just showed up for the picture:p

Tommy 17
05-24-2003, 05:24 PM
wow pappy i forgot what it looked like to see u in riding gear... its been so long bc u always buy a quad build it then resale it and repeat haha:devil:

05-24-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
wow pappy i forgot what it looked like to see u in riding gear... its been so long bc u always buy a quad build it then resale it and repeat haha:devil:

LMAO

I do remember that pic though :)

Tina
05-25-2003, 12:20 AM
Ah yes. Dinner was great! Special thanks to Buck's mom for the homeade stuffing!:D

jlhughes750
05-25-2003, 01:18 AM
yes bring skids and beadlocks, its tight and technical, and then theres the rock garden!!!!! awsome track!!!!

Pappy and crew, i may be up there this monday also i'm still working on the family thing,, we'll see...

later, JLHughes

jlhughes750
05-25-2003, 01:20 AM
also, thus is the day after the Ohio GNCC, but its not 16 hours away so i am sure we'll all be ablt to make it sunday.

later, J

Tina
05-28-2003, 11:47 AM
exkid,

Here is a list of the classes for the quads.

Youth 4 Wheel

1. 0-50cc
2. 0-70cc
3. 71-90cc

4 Wheel

0 -230cc
231cc - Open 2 & 4 Stroke A
231cc - Open 2 & 4 Stroke B
Utility
Polaris Auto/Sport
Vet
Women