PDA

View Full Version : maier plastic

norrisboat
05-23-2003, 12:10 PM
Has anybody had trouble matching each piece of plastic together. My plastics looked like they were cut by a third grader. It looks like crap and I am extremely dissapointed with the crafstman work and the design. Plus It is no longer a quick job to take the plastics off because everything is bolted on with washers, nuts and bolts. I am bound to loose some pieces.

I also had to drill my own holes and had to force the plastic to match up with the mounting brackets. A big thumbs down for maier.

trailburner
05-23-2003, 12:56 PM
WOW. thanks for the warning, I was thinking of buying plastic soon but I think I might just buy the honda plastic..

lil400exman
05-23-2003, 01:20 PM
race cuts are fine for me............................:confused:

norrisboat
05-23-2003, 01:29 PM
There is a new company out there that is supposed to make plastics a lot better than maier and they are the same price. Ill let you guys know if i find out who they are. I should by tonight.

lil400exman
05-23-2003, 01:42 PM
yeah i need some new maiers who are they price and colors? do they resemble oem? thanks for the info........................;) good we have each other here to help each other out....................:cool:

cableman
05-24-2003, 03:47 PM
mine fit the same way, last time i ever buy maier again. big thumbs down to maier!

"BLAHH"300!!
05-24-2003, 06:56 PM
i'll give maier a brownie point.
mine was for a 300ex.

REARS..just bolt the seat down, in the predrilled holes, done.
FRONTS..mount 2 "l" brakets to the old mounts, drill..then drill 2 more hole's where they mount to the frame....
..they do look kinda thin, i can't speak on how they hold up, i havn't riden with mine yet.
..i also don't like that i have to remove EVERY'FRIKEN'THING before i can take off my front plastic...
..i saw where one 'user' cut his, but it looked kinda hacked...(sorry user "M.P.O.")

Did you buy full front 400ex plastic?

Big - D Racing
05-24-2003, 07:37 PM
The only problem I ran into with mine is mounting the stock lights in the maier plastics, they diffently don't fit like they did with the stockers. I had to do a little custom fabing myself to get them in there and make them look somewhat clean. The mounting weren't too bad. I would like it better if they used all the stock ones, but I don't think that's a huge deal. I wasn't happy with the plastic, but I wasn't really dissapointed. I got a full set of silvers, with gas tank cover and side panels for $220 brand new. Didn cost much so I didn't expect them to be as nice in terms of mounting as stock, but I love my new silver color.

QuadJunkies
05-25-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by norrisboat
Has anybody had trouble matching each piece of plastic together. My plastics looked like they were cut by a third grader. It looks like crap and I am extremely dissapointed with the crafstman work and the design. Plus It is no longer a quick job to take the plastics off because everything is bolted on with washers, nuts and bolts. I am bound to loose some pieces.

I also had to drill my own holes and had to force the plastic to match up with the mounting brackets. A big thumbs down for maier. boy, Im with ya on this one!! I just got the silver maier with fenders so I could keep my headlights, and yourright,,,NOTHING wanted to mount right,had to do alot ofmy own fabbing,but now its even more securly in place than the stock one were.I lvoe my plastic., but taking 5-6 hours for two people to installl in totally rediculous:rolleyes: .. Why do you suppose almost ALL aftermarket is such pain in the arse to get on? I mean, we pay enough for it it better fit...;) but you shoulnt lose any pieces I would call maier.my plastic is very secure .Im sorry to hear of your experience....:( btw, did I get lucky?/ mine came pre-drilled:eek: . I was told it wouldnt ,but it was......

norrisboat
05-25-2003, 11:41 AM
Well, I learned the silver maier plastics hold up well after I bounced off a step down jump and started flipping. The plastics held up. Still mad with the craftsmanship and how many bolts and crap it takes to hold them down. I hope I never have to take off the fronts again cause its gonna be a pain taking them on and off.

LRD_27
05-26-2003, 02:46 PM
I have no problems with the race cut since i have it.

forum
05-29-2003, 05:36 AM
i was woried about my maier too. But mine went on fine. I still havent installed the rear bar thingy. and i've raced atleast 5 races and practices alot more. Im begining to think you guys are just slow...;) joking. Quit your *****in and buy fullbore . haha also jokin.

forum
05-29-2003, 05:41 AM
heres mine with a quadtech hood

Str8Wicked
05-29-2003, 06:09 AM
no prob here.... just gotta make sure you match everything before making any holes for the mounting. I matched everything, taped it together, than drilled once I thought it was good enough.. In this pic the back plastic is a little off due to not having the rubber bushing between the plastic and subframe in the back. It's on now and they line up fine..

user101
05-29-2003, 07:51 AM
Yo, Str8Wicked
what r those tires in the background going on

:devil:

DEAL
05-29-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by forum
heres mine with a quadtech hood

That quad is amazing! :eek: