PDA

View Full Version : did a nice jump yesterday and got pulled over by a *EDIT*

01-02-2002, 07:56 AM
i went to local sand pit in bellingham and i was riding and me a friends saw a sweet jump it was a 40 foot double. i was afraid to hit but they made me (peer presure) and i did it it was awsoem i landed perfectley everytime. then i gave my friend the quad to use and he took off somewhere in the trails when i told him not to and half hour later he shows up and says the battry is deasd 2 miles away:grr we start walking to jump start the thing and on the way a cop comes out of knowwhere starts swearing the $hit out of me for trespassing. i tell em there is no sings and others cops told me i can ride here and that gets em pissed off starts using the f bomb like 10 itmes a sentence:huh im getting mad here listening to him anyway he's like takes down all our names hes about to arrest us and give me a 500 dollar fine when i start begging him telling him we will never come back here and it worked he let me off put us on file and said next time i see you here its500 dollars and all of you are gettign arrested:grr :huh

schism_rhs
01-02-2002, 09:03 AM
Yea it sucks really bad when that stuff happens, but this post is prolley going to get moved to the Trail Tales section.

DEAL
01-02-2002, 09:40 AM
Heres a good word of advise .. don't let ppl use your machine, the other night my friend bugged me into using mine to go pickup my other friend, he came back an hour later laughing about how he was riding across peoples lawns and how he flipped it on a snowbank... i was pissed hes such an *******.

01-02-2002, 09:51 AM
my friends aint riding my machine no more:grr

Nausty
01-02-2002, 11:47 AM
no don't let anyone use your machine. I let my best friend ride my blaster back in the day and I kept telling him don't reck it don't reck 2nd hill he climbs he flips it backwards and bends the handle bars and wheelie bar. He is always trying to show off but he sucks. Then puff he rides a arctic cat and he kept begging me to ride my quad so I let him and he is sitting there doing brake stands and all the other stupid stuff. And the only persons who have driven my 400ex are my dad and me. My cousin Jeff had a 3000gt and he let one of his friends barrow it, lol they trashed the heck out of it and now he is stuck with out a car. Most people don't care about crashing it cuz they know they won't have to pay for it.

beerock
01-02-2002, 01:45 PM
HEh, I hate when I let people ride my bike, and I tell them to stay in my eye sight, and they go off. Luckily no one comes back with a story, they come back with my bike in tact.

Everyone who rides my bike know, if they break something they have to pay for it. THEY WILL TOO other wise ill be taking the rims off there cars for collateral.

I know that I wont ride anyone elses bike HARd anymore. If I break something on a friends bike that money I have to cough up could be going towards money on my bike.

like say I broke my friends a-arms.
well if I broke the a-arms on my bike I could be like oh well, time to upgrade to +3 , but not if its my friends bike, my bike gets the foot!

So I only ride my own now!

004exkid
01-02-2002, 03:50 PM
I let most all of my buddies ride my machine it just scares me alittle sometimes. If you want to be able to use other peoples stuff you should let um ride yours. Or you could just get alot of rich friends and get some cool aftermarket stuff if they break it :-]

250rampage
01-02-2002, 05:03 PM
Sometimes me and my friend's switch bikes, but we have the "you break it, you buy it" deal. Heck, I've even let my one friend borrow my recon to do some work, and he rolled it. I got 75 bucks out of the deal for a new shifter and bar's. I only payed about 35 bucks to replace it, so there was an easy 40 dollars.

Leo
01-02-2002, 05:45 PM
yel400exman,

please don't use slang and/or offensive terms when describing police officers...

like it or not the guy was likely just trying to do his job. you should be thankfull you didn't get at ticket...

if you don't have permission to be on someones property, it's trespassing _AND_ it gives all ATV riders a bad name.

Leo

Foxrage
01-02-2002, 05:54 PM
I was riding the other day and my friend wanted to ride mine so i said im ridin yours. Well he started ripping around tering up my yard and stuff so when i got on his dirtbike i gave it hell and started telling at me. He is an LD student at our school so i couldnt get mad knowing how stupid the hipercrit was.

DEAL
01-02-2002, 06:05 PM
Theres only few people i let ride mine now , My friend with a 400ex (he lets me ride his machine all the time). I never let someone i don't know ride my machine , well except for onetime i was out on the trail and this guy on a 440ex took my 300 for a ride .. I was 99.9% sure he wasn't gonna take off and leave me with his 440.

Sweet400EX
01-02-2002, 09:55 PM
when my friends and i ride, sometimes we will switch but we all trust each other to an extent. anyways, we also go by the rule, "you break it, you buy it". so far nothing major has happened, just a few bent rims and a broken headlight.

Striker49
01-02-2002, 10:35 PM
So far the only people that have rode mine are my family and if my sisters break it they buy it. Im pretty sure my dad wouldnt break anything much but he rides his Recon anyways. My friends sister said to my friend to try it out. I said no b/c he could wreck it or somin and considering he hasnt rode a quad in who knows when it would be kinda stupid. Anyways I let no one ride mine and probably wont ever, I dont even ride the Recon. lol

JustRace
01-02-2002, 11:12 PM
I have the rule you brake it you bought it. The only problem I have had is that two of my friends that ride other brand quad runners, made it so that I had to fix my grab bar. It got bent so far up from one of them riding a wheely, that didn't end well that I couldn't take my plastic off.

DiceMan400
01-05-2002, 09:37 AM
I let a few friends blast on mine...... I have the rule if you break it I get to break somthing of yours....... If they break something on my quad I thing I will go for their nose first.....LOL:cool:

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
01-05-2002, 07:28 PM
Last Christmas my dad pressured me into taking a ride with my nephew on my new 220 bayou and I had to let him drive and give the gas and shift!Well first he about tears out my tranny....then he turns around he has it flying I mean not flying but for him you know and for wut happens.......and all of a sudden he turns again and hit a telephone pole head on!It literally bent my frame in half!And I had a concussion he faked a lil' leg injury cuz he had a bruise lets just say he went higher than me but landed on me too!!!

01-06-2002, 03:11 PM
did you have a trailer if not you should of jetted out of there.

"BLAHH"300!!
01-13-2002, 06:46 AM
.....ride my big bear...but i ride the 300...i have a freind with a 400ex..and well swop up every now and again...i feel kinda bad when he rides mine couse his is like a cadalac ya' know with all the power and i feel like he's just jumped on a turn when he's on mine...i let a guy ride my 300 the other day and he went to cut a doughnut..the front comes up he gives it more gas by mistake and it shoots out from under him like a rocket...ripped my rear right fender off and broke the brackett that holds on my pipe..and bends my pipe a little....i hate that....now my pipe..(i'll get it rewelded here soon..gatta find an aluminum welder....)is held on with a piece of rope..and is bent inwards towards back center of the bike....just looks like pooh....and can't end it back couse it just dents the outside of it....on top of all that i have no rear fender.....thats soon to change though.......the freind with the 400ex let another guy ride...he takes off fast and were like.i hope he control all that power...all's good ...he has a 220 bayou....
ut then he comes back real real slow...the guy that owns it was sayin' i guess he got scared...but nah i knew something wassn't right...guy pulls up.blah blah i like your bike man blah blah...then i look at his 6-pac rack....haha it's bent streight up and down....i was like man..what is this $hit...." oh uh uh .i thnk uh.man i'm sorry man..i can fix it..." "leave it alone".....nuff said...

400exdad
01-17-2002, 06:43 AM
Thats the sticker I have on my bike. My sons too. There are only a few folks who I let ride my stuff. And no one rides my sons now that its modded. Here is how I learned: It was my sons quad and July 4th. Wife thought it was cool to get out the quads and give some rides. My son had his LT80 for about a year with no real accidents. I take my neice who's about 14 at the time for a ride on my old 300. We go across a little culvert that goes across about a 10 foot wide, 5 foot deep ditch. We ride across several times with my son it tow on his quad. One way in, one way out. Right? Well, my wife thinks it would be nice for my niece to ride my sons quad now. Let's see, he's 8 and she's 14... it ought to be okay. NOT! She gets on it, hammers it, (to show how fast she can ride) goes straight for and into the ditch! Less than 10 seconds. She breaks a wrist and the quad gets broken plastic and a bent spindle.

We learn the hard way don't we?

JabberJaw
01-17-2002, 03:44 PM
did a nice jump yesterday and got pulled over by a *EDITED*

Who is this EDIT guy, he seems to get around alot. He even messes with alot of our posts in here. He must be real important!