PDA

View Full Version : Tcs?

Luzinski
05-23-2003, 07:46 AM
Hey guys, little help here. I thinking once again of some new shocks all the way around. I am leaning towards Pep but have a questions about TCS. How good are they? Are they comparible to Pep? Any other info would be appreciated. I mostly trail ride but also do desert racing. I'm kinda on the big side weighing in at 260 lbs. Any info/ opinions???

Thanks...

05-23-2003, 07:49 AM
If I were you, I'd get TCS. I have had PEP and now have Axis. But the wait for PEP is Long. Plus u'll save some money and time by getting TCS. They are #3 on my list. #1 Axis, #2 PEP, #3 TCS. Go with TCS

pane2k
05-23-2003, 08:02 AM
Hey man I decided on some tcs they look great. I mounted them up last night but havent been able to try em. By the way check your PMs.
Heres a pic

JHF219
05-23-2003, 08:19 AM
i got TCS and couldnt be happier !!

Guy400
05-23-2003, 10:21 AM
Great company to deal with. I sent my rear shock to them for a rebuild and within 6 days of them receiving it they were shipping it back to me. I ordered standard travels from them last Thursday night (about 5:15 their time as they were walking out of the shop) and Todd put my new fronts in the mail this morning:D I was going to go with PEP but I refuse to wait that long. I can't b!tch too much about a 6 day turnaround on a rear rebuild and a 5 day wait on my fronts versus months with PEP. Not only that but between the 3 shocks I easily saved over $500.

AtvMxRider
05-23-2003, 10:51 AM
Let us know how they do Guy.

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-23-2003, 11:46 AM
I'm set on TCS when I get shocks...if that helps you any :D

norrisboat
05-23-2003, 12:17 PM
If you want to be the best you can only count on pep and axis. Their is no one running TCS in the nationals. That says something. Everybody runs Pep, axis and very few have elkas. If you want the best you will have to wait. If you want to be an average rider then go with the cheapies. No offense but thats my opinion. If the pros are only running Pep and axis then you better bet Im gonna be running one of those two. Good luck with your choice.

Im 1 week into my wait with pep 19" shocks. I gotta sweet deal on them too. My dealer is trying to finesse the manufacturer to get them here sooner. Its well worth the wait.

pane2k
05-23-2003, 12:24 PM
yeah norrisboat "the professionals" all run pep and axis, those are the guys who get their **** for free. And by the way if you havent noticed were not professionals here. Yeah it would be nice to get PEP or AXIS but everyone cant afford to spend 1200 or 1600 on a front of set shocks.

05-23-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by pane2k
yeah norrisboat "the professionals" all run pep and axis, those are the guys who get their **** for free. And by the way if you havent noticed were not professionals here. Yeah it would be nice to get PEP or AXIS but everyone cant afford to spend 1200 or 1600 on a front of set shocks.

also pros dont have to wait for there stuff...im sure they get their stuff within a day or two.....

pane2k
05-23-2003, 04:04 PM
yeah I forgot to add that.

Ben
05-24-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by pane2k

infantry317
05-24-2003, 02:33 AM
Hey TCS are great shocks! They have the 5/8" shafts. I bought mine used off Ebay (dual-rate SCS) set up for a 240lb MXer. I weigh 275 and jump my quad about 8ft high for 25-30ft and even at the second to lowest compression they still don't bottom out. I have been very happy with their performance, and be sure to get zero preload shocks, that lower center of gravity really helps.

Good luck with whatever you get!

P.S. - maybe the top Pros don't run them because TCS isn't giving them away ;) . Isn't it funny how life works? the more money and fame you have, the more free things you receive, kinda bass ackwards (sounds like an issue for Spoon huh?).

TheChknhwk
05-24-2003, 03:48 AM
Ben, if you could address this.... Are we getting the hookup on TCS through this site, or did they just comp you a set for the project???

thanks ~ Hawk.

Ben
05-24-2003, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by TheChknhwk
Ben, if you could address this.... Are we getting the hookup on TCS through this site, or did they just comp you a set for the project???

thanks ~ Hawk.

Hawk, I haven't addressed this issue yet with Todd over at TCS but I will bring it up to him when we talk late this week. He might be able to cut us a deal or group discount through C&D Racing, I'll see what he has to say and let you know :)

Ben

05-24-2003, 05:02 AM
ben that would be great...i am planning on getting TCS schocks sometime this summer along with some arens +3 LT a-arms

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-24-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Hawk, I haven't addressed this issue yet with Todd over at TCS but I will bring it up to him when we talk late this week. He might be able to cut us a deal or group discount through C&D Racing, I'll see what he has to say and let you know :)

Ben

I'd grab a set if you could get a deal.

norrisboat
05-24-2003, 06:16 AM
Going back to what Pane2k said about pep and axis costing 1200 to 1600 dollars is not true. It is for axis. I havent been able to find anyone who sells axis for cheaper but I found a dealer that sells Pep's for $800 and $820 for the long travel 19" shock.

Infantry317..... TCS is giving their shocks away to the pros. They try to sponsor people in nationals but nobody will accept a sponsorship. My dealer sponsors a guy in nationals and TCS tried to sponsor him but he declined. He would rather run axis or pep shocks.

05-24-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by norrisboat
Going back to what Pane2k said about pep and axis costing 1200 to 1600 dollars is not true. It is for axis. I havent been able to find anyone who sells axis for cheaper but I found a dealer that sells Pep's for $800 and $820 for the long travel 19" shock.

Infantry317..... TCS is giving their shocks away to the pros. They try to sponsor people in nationals but nobody will accept a sponsorship. My dealer sponsors a guy in nationals and TCS tried to sponsor him but he declined. He would rather run axis or pep shocks. its easy to say that on ther internet without proof.....i could say i know timm f arr and that he declined a sponsership from lrd to go with leager....

norrisboat
05-24-2003, 06:48 AM
well the decline was done verbally, so of course there isnt going to be any proof. Where is the proof that Tim farr declined LRD?

pane2k
05-24-2003, 07:25 AM
and by the way there is a pep shock that costs 1600. Its just no one uses it because its so expensive.
The exact price is 1650 actually. It is the Adjustable Compression and Rebound with an 8 click rezzevoir. If you dont believe and want to confirm what I am saying you can call Wayne and I am sure he would be glad to tell you the same.

haydug
05-25-2003, 02:52 AM
I run TCS on my bikes, with great luck. I have compared them to PEP, and Axis. I personally liked the TCS better. The axis feel to soft in the first 1/2 of shaft travel, but they do lay flat in the turns, the PEP shocks ride harsh on the little stuff, but they do take big hits great and don't kick on little stuff. The TCS seem to be middle of the road, they lay nice and flat in turns, and take big hits awesome, they also feel pretty plush in the little stuff without transfering everything back into your arms.

trx440
05-25-2003, 09:56 AM
Norris,

Who is your dealer in the Phoenix area?

Which dealer did you find the PEP's for @ $800? Are they 19"[s] ? Are they Dual adjust? I am VERY interested. Thanks -RT

QuadTrix6
05-25-2003, 11:39 AM
if i didn't get PEP i would have Definetly went with TCS :macho

norrisboat
05-25-2003, 11:46 AM
If I couldnt get pep then I would have gone with axis. I will only run what the pro's run. Hopefully someday I will become one so I try to follow their advice.

norrisboat
05-25-2003, 11:47 AM
DFR is the local dealer in PHX. Check your Pm's. I sent you the infor trx440. If anybody else is interested pm me. DFR really knows what heck they are doing.

QuadTrix6
05-25-2003, 11:58 AM
DFR is the local dealer in PHX. Check your Pm's. I sent you the infor trx440. If anybody else is interested pm me. DFR really knows what heck they are doing.

rule 5. No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers - including banners in posts, avatars, or signature lines, website addresses, phone numbers, or messages (public or private). This includes users advertising for different shops or companies. We enjoy all shops taking part in EXriders but no contact information, including websites or phone numbers. The administrator alone will make the final decision on what is advertising but as a simple rule it covers all retail shops, chop shops, and product manufacturers big and small. Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to post information on their own products, but please no ads or prices. Violation of this rule will result in one warning and then a permanent ban.

i see your new and wouldn't want you to start off wrong here

Luzinski
05-27-2003, 11:34 AM
Would TCS up front and Works in the back be a good set up? I could get the works rear for less than $100 for the TCS rebuild. Plus I could ride unti I got both shocks delivered. Is this a stupid idea?

Foxrage
05-27-2003, 12:30 PM
I have pep zps right now and my friend recently got a set of tcs longtravel. after checking out his setup and watching how it perfored im getting rid of my peps for a TCS. setup. They wait also is much better. I am thinking that the reason my peps didnt impress me muc is cause i have a stock rear and the front need adjusted some. But still tcs has a short wait so ill get them. Thanks

flying400ex
05-27-2003, 02:16 PM
Ho long is the wait on the TCS I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago. i think someone said about 5 weeks.

haydug
05-27-2003, 02:28 PM
There should be no longer than a 30 day wait on TCS. If you guys are interested in a group buy, let me know and I'll arrange one. I need another set of these now.

norrisboat
05-27-2003, 02:33 PM
pep or axis only for me. Nothin but the best for me

Ben
05-27-2003, 03:10 PM
I'll talk to Todd at TCS and Colby at C&D and try to get a group buy together :D

TORO1968
05-27-2003, 04:36 PM
I'm interested in getting in on a group buy! :D

Paul400ex2002
05-27-2003, 05:28 PM
I'm goin to get the same setup you're getting here in a couple weeks, from the same guy ;) Hopefully we can get em in a reasonable amount of time.

If you want to be the best you can only count on pep and axis. Their is no one running TCS in the nationals. That says something. Everybody runs Pep, axis and very few have elkas. If you want the best you will have to wait. If you want to be an average rider then go with the cheapies. No offense but thats my opinion. If the pros are only running Pep and axis then you better bet Im gonna be running one of those two. Good luck with your choice.

Im 1 week into my wait with pep 19" shocks. I gotta sweet deal on them too. My dealer is trying to finesse the manufacturer to get them here sooner. Its well worth the wait.

Waynes400ex
05-27-2003, 08:09 PM
I have both pep's and tc's. Todd at TCS is only about 30 minutes away from me. I bouht my first set from him for my 400ex when he was still working out of ct racing's building. I didnt have the money to get PEP's. Anways Todd is a real nice guys and has always been a pleasure to do business with. He will make you happy with your setup if it isnt right the first time. Then here recently I ordered PEP long travel for my cannondale. Wayne is also a nice guy and the shocks seem to do well. So basically go with what is going to make you happy down the road , cause you dont want to have any regrets down the road. To me (a int. rider) the shocks seem to be close to the same . So yeah get what will make you happy with no regrets.

Waynes400ex
05-27-2003, 08:10 PM
sorry for the typo tcs not tc's but you know what i meant

Spency400
05-28-2003, 12:39 AM
I'm not a pro or anything, but I am completely satisfied with my tcs's and would buy them again if doing it over.

Ben
05-28-2003, 12:51 AM
I have been VERY happy with TCS' service - they accidently revalved my rear shock for MX, when in fact I needed it to be set up for XC. It was most likely my fault (I might have led them to believe that it was an MX quad) and when I called Todd he said to ship it back ASAP and they would do a one day turnaround on it. You can't get better service than that - period :D

Ben

TheChknhwk
05-28-2003, 01:24 AM
So what's the number to get ahold of Todd @TCS, and have you ironed out any details for a discount?:D Thanks!

zzbudzz
05-28-2003, 03:05 AM
i finally got my tcs shocks ..:D . very nice ,i only rode them a little bit so far. but,they ride very smooth ........

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-28-2003, 03:52 AM
To contact TCS, check their site:

http://www.tcsracing.com/

TheChknhwk
05-28-2003, 04:19 AM
Okay, I called them, but they didn't answer. So does anyone know what the difference is between their sport & race series shocks?

RytM1
05-28-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Ben
I'll talk to Todd at TCS and Colby at C&D and try to get a group buy together :D
Sure, I just ordered some front TCS's from C&D about two weeks ago, now someone wants to get a group buy goin'....dddddaaaaaaammmmmmmmmnnnnnnnn.

(Thats ok, I still have to buy the rear one) ;)

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-28-2003, 01:02 PM
Okay, I called them, but they didn't answer. So does anyone know what the difference is between their sport & race series shocks?

http://www.racingquads.com/ShocksTCS.html

max400EX
05-28-2003, 06:04 PM
If I couldnt get pep then I would have gone with axis. I will only run what the pro's run. Hopefully someday I will become one so I try to follow their advice.

Farr and Gust ride for DG... so lets just screw duncan bumpers, AC pro pegs... and to hell with race exhaust like Sparks or LRD!!! lets get the Xcellerator!!! :rolleyes:

Foxrage
05-28-2003, 11:23 PM
There nerfs are just like AC propeg nerfs. There exhuast is specially made for them. they sometimes run a ac bumper with dg sticker....Actually Dg is more than AC....so your point isnt very good.

Ben
05-29-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Foxrage
There nerfs are just like AC propeg nerfs. There exhuast is specially made for them. they sometimes run a ac bumper with dg sticker....Actually Dg is more than AC....so your point isnt very good.

His point was that the Pros, for the most part, will run whatever product gets them the most money. Racing is a business ;) Of course their race parts from DG are higher quality than what an average user would receive, but look at their quads - just because they are running a 400ex doesn't mean that you could get the same performance from a showroom model 400ex. :p

max400EX
05-29-2003, 05:50 AM
Actually Dg is more than AC....so your point isnt very good.

I know they re=do their DG products to make them better since they arent the best in the first place, but what is that supposed to mean? Dg is more than AC?

Foxrage
05-29-2003, 06:56 AM
O well my bad im all mixed up now. L8er

max400EX
05-29-2003, 08:00 AM
Don't worry dude, It's only the internet

Foxrage
05-29-2003, 03:12 PM
well thats half my life. lol j/k. anyway anyone find out about a group buy? i might need some LT shocks soon.

Ben
05-30-2003, 01:05 AM
well thats half my life. lol j/k. anyway anyone find out about a group buy? i might need some LT shocks soon.

I talked to Todd yesterday, no group buy for the forseeable future - they are moving shops right now and he has too much on his plate. Maybe in the future though :)

thejeepdude
05-30-2003, 09:58 AM
Hopefully they'll give us a group buy in about 6 months -- after my credit cards stops vibrating from all this other crap I've bought! Jeez, 3 weeks into this sport and I'm already drooling over $2000 worth of suspension parts. And I thought my Jeep was a money pit. :devil:

Dave400ex
05-30-2003, 10:03 AM
TCS just seems to keep getting better and better. Also more popular. Ben I think you should get some PEP's, and Axis and test all 3 out...

Ben
05-30-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
TCS just seems to keep getting better and better. Also more popular. Ben I think you should get some PEP's, and Axis and test all 3 out...

LOL - I wish :D I am mulling over the idea of doing a big pipe shootout though, maybe later on in the summer. We'll see :)

Dave400ex
05-30-2003, 10:15 AM
I think Shocks and Pipes are the most 2 things guys want to know what the best is. Plus I bet you could call Axis and PEP and get a set for cheap, or just to test out.

Luzinski
06-20-2003, 05:00 AM
I installed my new TCS front and rear rebuild and took my EX out for a test run. My questions is should these shocks be perfect out of the box? Is there a break in period? Because they seemed like they were too soft. I would asume that I will have to fine tune them, any info on how to do this? :confused:

06-20-2003, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Luzinski
I installed my new TCS front and rear rebuild and took my EX out for a test run. My questions is should these shocks be perfect out of the box? Is there a break in period? Because they seemed like they were too soft. I would asume that I will have to fine tune them, any info on how to do this? :confused:

they should be pretty close out of the box..but fine tuning them is part of having adjustable shocks.

Stiffen up the preload about 3 turns and see if it helps. Upping hte compresion wouldn't hurt either..

TheChknhwk
06-20-2003, 05:22 AM
Mine are coming today, WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!D :D :D :macho :macho :macho :macho :cool: :cool:

AtvMxRider
06-20-2003, 08:44 AM
Mine are coming today, WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!D :D :D :macho :macho :macho :macho :cool: :cool:

TheChknhwk
06-20-2003, 08:46 AM
Aren't you the apple of your mother's eye, JACKAZZ!!!!:mad:

AtvMxRider
06-20-2003, 08:51 AM
Aren't you the apple of your mother's eye, JACKAZZ!!!!:mad:

:D

TagRider
06-20-2003, 09:08 AM
AtvMxrider, why are you always such a d!ck to people? You're busting this guys balls about telling us his shocks are coming yet you tell us about your 5 year old son's crazy ***:rolleyes:

AtvMxRider
06-20-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by TagRider
AtvMxrider, why are you always such a d!ck to people? You're busting this guys balls about telling us his shocks are coming yet you tell us about your 5 year old son's crazy ***:rolleyes:

Heyy Tagrider why don't you STFU!!! I was just kidding with Paul(TheChknhwk) and he knows it. Just keep your nose out of it and don't bring my son into anything *****!!:grr: