PDA

View Full Version : My YZF400ex coversion custom tank

OutlawEX
05-23-2003, 05:06 AM
Here is the tank CFM performance specially made for me for my YZF conversion

forum
05-23-2003, 05:25 AM
thats pretty small. do you live in the south? because if you do I'd be worried about some long motos.

edit. nevermind. i only say half of it. That looks pretty good man. what did it cost you.

OutlawEX
05-23-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by forum
thats pretty small. do you live in the south? because if you do I'd be worried about some long motos.

edit. nevermind. i only say half of it. That looks pretty good man. what did it cost you.

Actually its oversized. I think it holds 3 quarts. I dont have to worry about any heating problems as i have a oversized radiator and also the oversized oil tank. I am sponcored by CFM performance so they hooked me up with the tank. But he is gonna take speacial orders on them for $175. This tank is the same one MXracer111 uses and he prolly has the best YZF/400ex i have seen

400exBro
05-23-2003, 11:28 AM
if the oil tank size is such a big issue ( i know it is becuase i will end up building my own as well) then why do a lot of people op to run the oil tank block off?? it might make it look cleaner but i rather have a quad that runs at the end of 20mins and have few more lines here and there, instead of having it blow up and it would look ugly(on the inside)...

a question off to the side, i took a picture of forums bike and they way he moment it in the ex chassis (thanks) and i printed it out at home, went down to the shop and looked at the z-400, and notice how idetical the set up is, you could almost drop the yzf 426 engine right into the frame, with a few mods here and there, and it will work... the rad and the oil cooler are set up almost exaclty like outlawex has it... i would never use the z frame tho, to weak...

Outlaw- nice looking machine!!!!:eek: shouldn't it be done by now, when does your season stright... we canadians only have about 10 races left over another 5 months, and we started like 1 month and half ago... can't wait to see it done.. what exhaust you runing?? TC.

OutlawEX
05-23-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
if the oil tank size is such a big issue ( i know it is becuase i will end up building my own as well) then why do a lot of people op to run the oil tank block off?? it might make it look cleaner but i rather have a quad that runs at the end of 20mins and have few more lines here and there, instead of having it blow up and it would look ugly(on the inside)...

a question off to the side, i took a picture of forums bike and they way he moment it in the ex chassis (thanks) and i printed it out at home, went down to the shop and looked at the z-400, and notice how idetical the set up is, you could almost drop the yzf 426 engine right into the frame, with a few mods here and there, and it will work... the rad and the oil cooler are set up almost exaclty like outlawex has it... i would never use the z frame tho, to weak...

Outlaw- nice looking machine!!!!:eek: shouldn't it be done by now, when does your season stright... we canadians only have about 10 races left over another 5 months, and we started like 1 month and half ago... can't wait to see it done.. what exhaust you runing?? TC.

Yes i am almost done. I just been taking my time with it. I want this bike to look professional. I only have 1 spacer on the hole bike and that is for the head stay. The motor is 110% mounted. All what i need is a few parts from the PC'er and also front LT a-arms. BTW the race season started here we have about 3 races a week here

OutlawEX
05-23-2003, 02:32 PM
here is a pic

Ty's400
05-23-2003, 02:37 PM
Looks sweet so far! Keep us updated...

nacs400ex
05-23-2003, 03:21 PM
Very nice, how much do all the extra parts you have to buy/make cost if you guys dont mind be asking. Also how much are the motors running for?