PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe this...

300exOH
05-23-2003, 02:38 AM
My wife knows someone who is an Amsoil dealer and said she could give us a deal. She gave us a pamphlet and told us to let her know what we needed. I decided to check prices and product info online. She turned around and said she could sell the oil to us at whatever price they say online. First she says she'll get us a deal, then I find out I can get that same deal and none of it goes in her pocket. She would've screwed us if we hadn't looked it up ourselves. I found out I can get better pricing if I become a preferred customer or dealer myself. Some friggin' discount she was going to give huh?:mad: :grr
Sorry everone just wanted to vent a little.:scary:

kaneman23
05-23-2003, 02:51 AM
Dude, don't get mad at her because she wasn't ripping you. If she was going to charge you the same as the website(Amsoil) she was being fair. I'm an AMSOIL dealer myself and the benefits aren't that great(20% discount on most products)... The only way to make money is to sell the product for retail... People have to make money somehow right? Personally, I don't think anyone is going to get rich as an AMSOIL dealer unless you get a contract for a fleet of vehicles or something.. Personally, I just signed up to get the discount for myself and friends... Also, if you sign up as a Preferred customer you will get the same 20% discout for $10.00.... The $10.00 you spend signing up will likely save you more the $20.00 if you order more then $100 worth of products.

MOFO
05-23-2003, 02:51 AM
Welcome to the world of Sales.

300exOH
05-23-2003, 03:06 AM
My point in all this is that she never offered any of that info. She said she could get a discount. She lied from the beginning. I can appreciate wanting to make a buck. In fact, I'm going to become a dealer also. I just don't like people doing dirty business with me when I am always honest with them. Thanks for talking me down a little.

kaneman23
05-23-2003, 03:23 AM
No one that is in the business of making money is going to sell you a product at their cost. If this is her full time job how can you blame her? Like VWVR6 said, "welcome to the world of sales"... Also she doesn't sound like she is a very close friend so why should she give you info on how to become a dealer and get the discount too?

300exOH
05-23-2003, 03:30 AM
she is her own best customer. she works with my wife in a company of over 1500 people. You'd think she might be worried about her reputation a little. why would everyone put money in her pocket for nothing when they can pay the same price and get it factory direct. I would think if she offered a slight discount more of the people around her would buy from her. Sounds like good business to me. I don't have a problem with someone making a buck but don't call it a discount. I hate liars.:mad:

PhilMoore
05-23-2003, 04:34 AM
"why would everyone put money in her pocket for nothing when they can pay the same price and get it factory direct."

You hit the nail right on the head.

Why not buy from her, rather than send the money directly to some no-name corporate office worker? If she lives in your area, you will be helping your local economy.

300exOH
05-23-2003, 05:25 AM
Do you people not hear me saying that she said she could give a *DISCOUNT*? She lied to me. How good is that for the economy? You people are sticking up for a capitalist liar. Discount usually means cheaper than normal right? I'm all for a boost in the local economy but I'm also concerned about saving a buck on a quality product. She told us she could give us a deal. If she had been honest and told us that she really doesn't make anything on it unless she charges that much then it would be different. Instead she led us to believe we were getting a deal. Is that how you want people to do business? Is this how you want to be treated when you buy a big ticket item like a house or a car?:blah

airheadedduner
05-23-2003, 05:39 AM
If you want to get the hook up become friends with a distributer. I got a connection that is getting me Red Line at wholsesale:devil

300exOH
05-23-2003, 06:37 AM
Red Line? :cool:

I think I have room for another friend.:D

MOFO
05-23-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Do you people not hear me saying that she said she could give a *DISCOUNT*? She lied to me. How good is that for the economy? You people are sticking up for a capitalist liar.

dude, I think you are going a bit far. I'd like to see you deal with some car salesman.

I ALWAYS do research before I buy something...price out all suppliers of the product I am looking for. If someone says they are giving me a good deal, I *WILL* check it against other vendors.

Consider this a lesson learned in the area of sales & marketing.

If you are truely upset, as I see you are and do have a right to be, the best way to show her is with your dollar. Go elsewhere and make sure she knows she lost your money.

Eric

300exOH
05-23-2003, 07:25 AM
You are very right about going elsewhere. I don't want to blame any of this on Amsoil though. I'd rather deal with someone who's straight up with me. I don't mind paying for a good oil but I'd like to buy it from someone who's going to treat me right. I have done some resdearch and I found out that I shouldn't be using ordinary oils since my bike uses a wet clutch. Thanks for the advice everyone.