PDA

View Full Version : Kory Ellis Cannondale

400MXer
01-01-2002, 11:24 PM
As soon as i saw it, my jaw dropped to the floor. Kory Ellis's cannondale that he is going to be racing next season. It's in the new 4 wheel atv action. Laeger pro trax, T-Pin front end, laeger swing arm, quad tech hood, etc.....! It's one bad machine.

RideRed04
01-03-2002, 12:11 AM
lol, same response here! That thing gives makes me happy just looking at it! It looks tiny on the front cover though, look at it!

400MXer
01-03-2002, 09:30 PM
i know, i want to ride it sooooooooooooo bad. I wish i knew someone with a cannondale, i want to ride one.

Foxrage
01-04-2002, 04:54 AM
They are nice. but my friend fowed like 4 plugs cause you cant give it gas to start and stuff but it was sweet once i got going. I would of got one but its just to much.

Dave400ex
01-04-2002, 07:59 PM
That is the sweetest looking Cannondale. They took a very Ugly looking Quad and made it look awesome. That Nose Piece looks so much better than the stock setup.

EX 80
01-05-2002, 12:49 PM
yeah pretty sweet

EX 80
01-05-2002, 12:50 PM
better looking than stock

Sleeping Catfish
01-05-2002, 01:00 PM
you guys have never seen a cdale in person, they look sweet. the cdale looks ugly at first but then you really start to like it.

Tommy 17
01-05-2002, 01:11 PM
where did they put the air filter on that quad... isn't it behind the one head light... mayb thats why they have to have that scoop on the hood.. thats def the nice c-dal i have seen it just needs to have a tiny bit more front fender to it and it be fine....

Dave400ex
01-05-2002, 01:14 PM
No, I`ve seen one in real. I think they are really ugly. I guess you would get use to it. That does look a lot better than a Stock Cannibal does, without a doubt.

01-05-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by 400MXer
Laeger pro trax, T-Pin front end, laeger swing arm, quad tech hood, etc.....!
What happened to their claim of it being a "race ready" quad?

Dave400ex
01-05-2002, 06:28 PM
That`s a good Point. I guess it just wasn`t "Race Ready" enough for Kory.

01-05-2002, 08:14 PM
Whoa! That's the first time I have seen those pics! That thing looks killer!:macho

RideRed04
01-05-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by O1HondaCR

What happened to their claim of it being a "race ready" quad?

He is racing a cannible, not a moto. The moto is pretty much set up like that one, just personal preferences. Hey catfish, lets see some pics of you on the quad!

Guy400
01-06-2002, 07:07 AM
Now there's a Cannondale that good looking enough to actually buy! Cannondale ought to really consider changing the front plastic to some other design for 2003 and get rid of that "shovel nose" clip they've got on there now. I seriously considered the FX400 back when I was buying my Raptor but the looks kept it out of my garage.

About the Moto being a race ready quad, I don't really see many of them being sold. Let's face it, it's race ready enough for us weekend warriors but it's not race ready for Spader, Creech, Ellis, etc. and how many of us weekend warriors have $12,000 to spend? Even with the parts Cdale is putting on the Moto it's just not good enough. The pro's will still put Axis shocks on it, will still put different bars on it that they like best, will still put a-arms on it that they've always ridden on, etc., etc. You can bet that even with the Moto's engine it's not race ready. You think those motors are still stock?

I just think that there's not really a market for the Moto to the public. The average Joe Racer doesn't have 12k to spend up front and the parts that are on it stock aren't good enough for a true pro. Sure it's got a wider axle and a-arms, anyone know the company that's providing these pieces? Anyway, I could go on for much longer but I'll stop it here.

DEAL
01-06-2002, 07:50 AM
I think the moto is gonna be the biggest flop since the polaris deisel.
I wouldn't pay 12 throusand for an atv i don't care how good it is.

NJ300ex
01-06-2002, 08:46 AM
i agree with guy. thats why i wouldn't buy one of those because i would want to setup my own bike. I am pretty much positive that a 400ex stock but with $2500 in suspension will beat any cannondale on everything it races on but a drag and it would cost about the same as a normal cannondale.

kabd69667
01-06-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by FreeStylexrider
I think the moto is gonna be the biggest flop since the polaris deisel.
I wouldn't pay 12 throusand for an atv i don't care how good it is.

I seen one of those polaris deisels. It weighed somthing like 650 or 700lbs i think...

Sleeping Catfish
01-06-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by NJ300ex
i agree with guy. thats why i wouldn't buy one of those because i would want to setup my own bike. I am pretty much positive that a 400ex stock but with $2500 in suspension will beat any cannondale on everything it races on but a drag and it would cost about the same as a normal cannondale.

normal Cdales are $6995. i doubt that.

Sleeping Catfish
01-06-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Guy660R
Now there's a Cannondale that good looking enough to actually buy! Cannondale ought to really consider changing the front plastic to some other design for 2003 and get rid of that "shovel nose" clip they've got on there now. I seriously considered the FX400 back when I was buying my Raptor but the looks kept it out of my garage.

About the Moto being a race ready quad, I don't really see many of them being sold. Let's face it, it's race ready enough for us weekend warriors but it's not race ready for Spader, Creech, Ellis, etc. and how many of us weekend warriors have $12,000 to spend? Even with the parts Cdale is putting on the Moto it's just not good enough. The pro's will still put Axis shocks on it, will still put different bars on it that they like best, will still put a-arms on it that they've always ridden on, etc., etc. You can bet that even with the Moto's engine it's not race ready. You think those motors are still stock?

I just think that there's not really a market for the Moto to the public. The average Joe Racer doesn't have 12k to spend up front and the parts that are on it stock aren't good enough for a true pro. Sure it's got a wider axle and a-arms, anyone know the company that's providing these pieces? Anyway, I could go on for much longer but I'll stop it here.

I heard that cdale make the parts and you are able to buy them to build your cannibal or speed into a moto. i think you are right that the motos might not do that well, but sometimes you get surprised. i ride with some adults that i could see buying that.

01-06-2002, 08:55 PM
i can't wait to beat a c'dale at the MX track so i can come on here and prove how it's rider not quad. Catfish, stop talking about how hondas suck compared to c'dales. Your on a honda site. Go find a c'dale site. You never owned a sport quad so stop acting like you know what your talking about.

RideRed04
01-06-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Sleeping Catfish

I heard that cdale make the parts and you are able to buy them to build your cannibal or speed into a moto. i think you are right that the motos might not do that well, but sometimes you get surprised. i ride with some adults that i could see buying that.

You must have pretty big ears! You have heard alot of things. I think you need to stop taking the mags so literally, they exagerate alot. Heck, the 400ex goes 65mph and it is pokey! The raptor goes 75 mph, and has 6 more hp, and it has an amazingly fast "magic motor". The mags are for specs and entertainment only. You are taking their word as gospel!

beerock
01-06-2002, 10:21 PM
I think that bike is going ot be a power house when they get thatturbo kit out to the public.

That will be a killer in the dunes with a turbo!

Sleeping Catfish
01-07-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by RideRed04

You must have pretty big ears! You have heard alot of things. I think you need to stop taking the mags so literally, they exagerate alot. Heck, the 400ex goes 65mph and it is pokey! The raptor goes 75 mph, and has 6 more hp, and it has an amazingly fast "magic motor". The mags are for specs and entertainment only. You are taking their word as gospel!

reading the mags!!! LoL!! I heard that at the connection. the 660r and Cdale accelerate so much faster than a 400ex, so i guess you have never ridden with a cdale or 660r.

RideRed04
01-07-2002, 04:04 PM
No, I havent, but I am saying the difference in speed isnt that great anyway. I have seen a drag race between a 400ex and a ds650, and they where neck and neck untill 3rd gear. I have ran a ds650 wide open (not for long, that is pretty quick to be going down a dirt road) and it isnt really that much faster then the ex. When do you really need to go that fast anyway? The 400ex has the most under rated motor I have ever seen! Just think: would anyone ever compare a 660 crotch rocket to an xr400 for top speed? Heck no! But the engines are being compared and the 400ex holds its own. It is a very impressive motor, and it isnt tuned up that much. I have never driven a rapor, and I have never driven a Cannondale. I personally think you are way to small for that bike, judging by the pics (and the c-dale isnt exacly a large bike) and you are going to hurt your self becuase you have a really crappy atitude about riding your bike. It is a very powerful bike, and you need to be careful with it. If you go disrespecting a 400ex, thinking it is slow and has a weak powerband, you are going to get killed, and that goes for any bike. You need to respect 4-wheelers, because we dont need kids going out on cannondales and doing to them what they did to the 250r. The stickers should be heeded on the high preformance quads. Do they say "do not attempt wheelies, jumps or other stunts"? No. They do say not for inexperienced riders under 16, and I agree with them. Some younger kids can handle them, but you are way to small. How old are you? When I was 14 I was driving a polaris trail boss, and loved it becuse my parents got it for me. Now I had to work to put in money to this one, and if it breaks, I pay for it. If you break the c-dale, what are the consiquences? They sell it, and slap your wrist? Sorry for the long post, but I fell strongly about young kids getting in over thier heads on a fast machine.

JustRace
01-07-2002, 04:15 PM
I agree with ridered 100%. I started off on a 92 trailboss when I was 12. I think part of the reason that atv manufactures don't put more time into 4-wheelers in building the most powerful machine they can, is because if some inexperienced rider gets there hands on one and kills themselves or someone else it would be bad for the industry. Notice I said experience and not age. The cannondale or any other high performance atv was not meant for people that don't have any other riding experience on a sport quad.

01-07-2002, 07:28 PM
my parents wouldn't even buy me a quad till i was 16. i had to get aroun on my moped and my 1970's pos dirtbikes. But i am glad because kids should only have what they can handle eventhough when i was 14 i was 6 foot and 185 pounds.

01-08-2002, 09:42 AM
I think I like the bills thunder pipe the best..:huh

That is a very nice lookin quad.,,,,I don't know if any of you Remember last rebels fully modified 250R they tried sellin for years and years at $12,000 I really don't see a C-dale doin much better. But I give them credit for what they've done so far...now if we could get the losers at honda in charge of forkin out money to the SX guys to do it for the ATV market then we'd be in business..

Sleeping Catfish
01-08-2002, 02:12 PM
i just don't feel like doing $3000 in mods to make my 400 kick later on.

01-08-2002, 02:55 PM
I spent $450 to make mine kick,,,,here's a thought fer ya junior,,,what happens when your fuel injection system craps out on ya in 2 years and it cost $2000 to get it fixed. You won't be so happy then. Not sayin it will nor do I know anything about the warranty on c-dales,,but your a gunea pic right now..good luck.

Sleeping Catfish
01-08-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I spent $450 to make mine kick,,,,here's a thought fer ya junior,,,what happens when your fuel injection system craps out on ya in 2 years and it cost $2000 to get it fixed. You won't be so happy then. Not sayin it will nor do I know anything about the warranty on c-dales,,but your a gunea pic right now..good luck.

My cdale dealer told me $500 to get the new 1000 computer.:D

MARCUMS ATV
01-08-2002, 07:47 PM

Let me say this, I became a Cannondale dealer in October. I went to the factory in Bedford Pennsylvania and rode every machine they produce. Right there in AMERICA, with profits staying in AMERICA. The moto 440 motor is the same as the cannibal. The fuel injection mapping is the only difference. I guarantee you that the engine is more than enough for any pro and they will not be doing any engine mods. As for the suspension mods anyone who thinks OHLINS are not top of the line needs an examination. No matter what you put on the quad someone is going to change it to be different. I can tell you a 400ex is no match nor is the raptor. I own 7 hondas and a 440 ex fully loaded that I have spent several thousand dollars on just to get to the point of a stock out of the box Cannibal with a Big Gun silencer and a different map. I am not trying to do a sales job here but these guys are on to something here and they are going to kick *** in the market. Heck honda is already talking about an aluminum frame next year and GP Control is already doing fuel injection on the YZ400. If anyone has any questions about the cannondale stuff please feel free to e mail or call me. As always I will give the honest straight scoop.

Thanks
Terry
marcumsatvs@hotmail.com

Guy400
01-08-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by MARCUMS ATV

Let me say this, I became a Cannondale dealer in October. I went to the factory in Bedford Pennsylvania and rode every machine they produce. Right there in AMERICA, with profits staying in AMERICA. The moto 440 motor is the same as the cannibal. The fuel injection mapping is the only difference. I guarantee you that the engine is more than enough for any pro and they will not be doing any engine mods. As for the suspension mods anyone who thinks OHLINS are not top of the line needs an examination. No matter what you put on the quad someone is going to change it to be different. I can tell you a 400ex is no match nor is the raptor. I own 7 hondas and a 440 ex fully loaded that I have spent several thousand dollars on just to get to the point of a stock out of the box Cannibal with a Big Gun silencer and a different map. I am not trying to do a sales job here but these guys are on to something here and they are going to kick *** in the market. Heck honda is already talking about an aluminum frame next year and GP Control is already doing fuel injection on the YZ400. If anyone has any questions about the cannondale stuff please feel free to e mail or call me. As always I will give the honest straight scoop.

Thanks
Terry
marcumsatvs@hotmail.com Trust me, I respect what Cannondale is doing for the sport of ATV'ing but $12,000 is a little excessive for most weekend riders and pro's aren't going to purchase it just to strip it down and replace them with their own parts. You can bet engine mods will be done, these teams spend big money on paying tuners to squeeze more HP out of these engines. I'm not saying they're not pumping out big numbers already but you can bet they're searching for even more. I think you misunderstood me about replacing Ohlins shocks. I wasn't inferring that Ohlins is a substandard shock but was simply saying why pay that much to replace them with Custom Axis? I do agree, fuel injection and aluminum frames are the future and I applaud Cannondale for being the first.

01-08-2002, 08:10 PM
how many hp does the moto 440 put out.

MARCUMS ATV
01-08-2002, 08:26 PM
Trust me, I respect what Cannondale is doing for the sport of ATV'ing but $12,000 is a little excessive for most weekend riders and pro's aren't going to purchase it just to strip it down and replace them with their own parts. Injection mapping isn't the only difference between the Moto and the Cannibal, they cut 2000 RPM off the Cannibal's limit. I believe the stock Cannibal's limit is 9500 while they allow the Moto to be winged to 11,500. You can bet engine mods will be done, these teams spend big money on paying tuners to squeeze more HP out of these engines. I'm not saying they're not pumping out big numbers already but you can bet they're searching for even more. I think you misunderstood me about replacing Ohlins shocks. I wasn't inferring that Ohlins is a substandard shock but was simply saying why pay that much to replace them with Custom Axis? I do agree, fuel injection and aluminum frames are the future and I applaud Cannondale for being the first.

How much was your Raptor. 7 or 8 thousand. How much have you spent on it to try and make it more? Not all people will spend 12,500 for a moto440. Lots of folks will. If you haven't noticed the ATVA and AMA will have a factory class this year that only production quads can race in. Cannondale will dominate that for sure. As for technical stuff the Moto440 have a rev limit of 11,600 as well as the Blaze, and the Speed. The Cannibal has a limit of 10,600 which is fully upgradable to 11.600. Can you take your Raptor to 40 horsepower right out of the box? Can you plug your laptop or home computer into your quad and increase the horsepower to 62? I know the answer to that. Its NO. I respect the fact that you ride and I am happy about that but get your facts together. I will be happy to school you on them. I am very fortunate to be on the inside and am doing a lot of testing that we relate directly back to the factory about these machines. I am a die hard Honda owner but am slowly being converted because seeing is believing. Have an open mind about these quads and look at the balls Cannondale has and what they are doing for the quad industry. The big 4 are only interested in the bank account.

doctor_915
01-08-2002, 09:27 PM
Just wondering, how many times has this subject been gone over? I am about to say what I have heard alot of other people say before me. It doesn't matter how much you pay for a quad, how fast it is, or if it's the most technologically advanced. I am sure I am just like everyone else in saying that when I had my XR100 dirtbike I was happy riding it, sure it might not have had enough power but anytime you get to go outdoors and ride is a great thing. It also really sucks when your quad or bike breaks down and doesnt run for a couple weeks or more. The Cannondales are an awesome race quad I hear, never rode one or seen one, but I have also heard of alot of recalls. Personnally I would be pretty p!ssed if I spent 12k or even 5k for that matter and had my quad break down on me. The big 4 manufactures are going to keep producing the same they are now untill they quit selling, and people are going to keep buying those same quads b/c they have been time tested and they are known as a dependable company. Maybe in 5 years Cdale will be one of these big four, maybe not. Either way unless you are a professional racer and that is your main source of income the avg. person won't have to worry about more speed, everyone is having fun on there quads,sorry for the ranting, I was just a lil' bored and felt like typin...

PS- I bought one of these White Bro's rev kits and I still cant get my quad into reverse...

Guy400
01-09-2002, 05:15 AM

How much was your Raptor. 7 or 8 thousand. How much have you spent on it to try and make it more? Not all people will spend 12,500 for a moto440. Lots of folks will. If you haven't noticed the ATVA and AMA will have a factory class this year that only production quads can race in. Cannondale will dominate that for sure. As for technical stuff the Moto440 have a rev limit of 11,600 as well as the Blaze, and the Speed. The Cannibal has a limit of 10,600 which is fully upgradable to 11.600. Can you take your Raptor to 40 horsepower right out of the box? Can you plug your laptop or home computer into your quad and increase the horsepower to 62? I know the answer to that. Its NO. I respect the fact that you ride and I am happy about that but get your facts together. I will be happy to school you on them. I am very fortunate to be on the inside and am doing a lot of testing that we relate directly back to the factory about these machines. I am a die hard Honda owner but am slowly being converted because seeing is believing. Have an open mind about these quads and look at the balls Cannondale has and what they are doing for the quad industry. The big 4 are only interested in the bank account. Umm, Terry, you sound a bit argumentative and I'm not sure why. I never tried to compare the Raptor with the Cdale's or say that this bike was as good as that bike. I never said that my Raptor was putting our Cdale's HP numbers nor did I try to say I could alter my Raptor's tune via a laptop. My original point was this and remains to be this, the Moto440 is too expensive for the weekend Joe Racer. It's the nature of the beast for owner's to mod their quads and the Moto isn't any exception. People will still change a-arms, swingarms, bars, shocks, etc. why start with a $12,000 Moto? You could buy the Cannibal for almost half the price and make those changes.

I'm not bashing Cannondale technically as I stated in my first reply to this whole thread. My only problem with the Cannondale's is that in my opinion they're ugly.

Sleeping Catfish
01-09-2002, 02:09 PM

How much was your Raptor. 7 or 8 thousand. How much have you spent on it to try and make it more? Not all people will spend 12,500 for a moto440. Lots of folks will. If you haven't noticed the ATVA and AMA will have a factory class this year that only production quads can race in. Cannondale will dominate that for sure. As for technical stuff the Moto440 have a rev limit of 11,600 as well as the Blaze, and the Speed. The Cannibal has a limit of 10,600 which is fully upgradable to 11.600. Can you take your Raptor to 40 horsepower right out of the box? Can you plug your laptop or home computer into your quad and increase the horsepower to 62? I know the answer to that. Its NO. I respect the fact that you ride and I am happy about that but get your facts together. I will be happy to school you on them. I am very fortunate to be on the inside and am doing a lot of testing that we relate directly back to the factory about these machines. I am a die hard Honda owner but am slowly being converted because seeing is believing. Have an open mind about these quads and look at the balls Cannondale has and what they are doing for the quad industry. The big 4 are only interested in the bank account.

YOU ARE MY CDALE DEALER!!!! remember the kid and his dad that came by. we got a used one. do you know if #236 would be under recall? if so i would like to bring it by and get it fixed. you may want to go to www.atvconnection.com to the Cdale forum. i told them your story about the big gun cdale beating that 660r. i love my cdale, it will work my friend's 400ex.

Sleeping Catfish
01-09-2002, 02:11 PM

YOU ARE MY CDALE DEALER!!!! remember the kid and his dad that came by. we got a used one. do you know if #236 would be under recall? if so i would like to bring it by and get it fixed. you may want to go to www.atvconnection.com to the Cdale forum. i told them your story about the big gun cdale beating that 660r. i love my cdale, it will work my friend's 400ex.

sorry, i mean big gun raptor w/ $3000 in mx mods

P.S. don't waste your time on these guys

MOFO
01-09-2002, 03:42 PM

P.S. don't waste your time on these guys

*** SELF EDIT --- PULLING BACK COMMENTS ABOUT S/C ***

Mods....I think this one is done...well done. Time to pull her off the stove. I think I just put some gasoline on the flames....:D

Eric

Sleeping Catfish
01-09-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by VWVR6

Mods....I think this one is done...well done. Time to pull her off the stove. I think I just put some gasoline on the flames....:D

Eric

see what i mean:rolleyes: