PDA

View Full Version : Todays ride results in one land owner going to JAIL

ren02
05-22-2003, 04:28 PM
Today me and 2 buds were exploring the trails the next town over. We were following the tracks around somones barn and then through the front of there property. We get into the next field and see two trucks come off of route 40 sideays nearly causing an accident heading straight for us.....

Friend on the raptor takes off the way we were headed, me and another kid on a 400 hop on the road and book for the trails avoiding his land. It turned out to be about a mile long chase down this 45mph speed road. 2 trucks swerving through traffic to catch up to us. I have it to the bar in 5th along with the other 400ex behind me. One truck pulls into the left lane and passes me, the other gets along my side and tryies to ram me into a guard rail. The guy in front slams on his brakes I just nearly avoided him. I get in front of there parked trucks and head the opposite way down the road. There out of there trucks and as I pass by them they run towards me trying to turn my handlebars and push me off. I hit the trails by myself, unsure of where my friend was.

I get a call later this evening. He was run off the road into a drainages system. Quad is now totalled. After being run off the road one guy in the truck punched him repeatedly in the face and back and then through him over the gaurd rail. He is a bit banged up now.

I was notified tonight of the name of the person who beat up my friend and was told that he will be going to jail.

The friend who was assaulted will be suing and all charges against him are dropped.

It is still up in the air whether I will be charged for tresspassing.

TIGER72
05-22-2003, 04:44 PM
here goes my take on this... trespassing is not cool, and the land owner positively way, way, way overeacted. no one wins a situation like this, except possibly the people who want more laws enforced on atv owners. i hope your friend is ok...

Mr_Bub400ex
05-22-2003, 04:56 PM
man those dudes are psycho

"BLAHH"300!!
05-22-2003, 05:10 PM
I'm sure you made the right choice in the situation, but i wouldn't have ran for as long with those guy on me like that.
...i would have stopped quick, and defended myself right there.
. I would have went to jail for beating.......before i let him run me into some ditch W.O.T...That Rapt' dude could be dead !!
Chances are, thay would have quit that crazy ***** if you had stopped and got their ***'s about it.

.BUT.
Was your freind on their land, when he was run
off the road/beat up?
..If he was on their land, it's possible that the land owner will win this one. and your freind will most likely get stuck with the wrecked quad bill....the cuart will look at it like
(If you hadn't of been there this wouldn't have happend)

..Now
If he was off their land, doesn't matter if he was still trespassing on someone elses land, if he were off their land, and they continued to chase him, and try to run him over,
...then your freind is ganna have a nice raptor....Farm boy's fkt.

hope ur freind gets better..how bad is the bike?

JOEX
05-22-2003, 05:52 PM
Two wrongs do not make a right...
This kind of activity makes for an extreme diservice for our sport:(
I hope others will learn to scout out an area before riding into it.

Joe

Bill Fuller
05-22-2003, 06:31 PM
Always ask before you ride.Stops this kind of stuff from happening.I can say if he were on my land then I would have layed the smack down on him to though.I hate tresspassers:mad:

CHAUNCY
05-22-2003, 06:45 PM
Sounds like quite a day or riding:eek2:

RuffRyder400ex
05-22-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Two wrongs do not make a right...
This kind of activity makes for an extreme diservice for our sport:(
I hope others will learn to scout out an area before riding into it.

Joe
i agree

ren02
05-23-2003, 03:01 AM
The land we were on came out to two roads. A small back road and a main road. The raptor headed up the back road. I saw the trucks start to head up after him so me and the other 400 headed down the more main road. Immediately the trucks reverse out into the road nearly causing an accident and start chasing us, letting the raptor go.

The other guy on the 400 got ran the side of the major road after we were chased about a mile down it. I thouhgt about just stopping but i was not sure if i could do so safely. Multiple times the guys tried to pull up next to me and force me into the gaurd rail. when they finally boxxed me in and parked the trucks in the middle of the road there was enouhg room for me to creep around, the side of the truck. They then proceeded to lunge at me when I was driving past them, trying to jerk my handlebars and all.

I told the police that I would not and could not stop because I was in fear of my life. Picture a gaurdrail a few inches on your right and a big truck closing in on you on your left. No way I was gonna slow down and meet the guardrail via this guys truck. The cops were not to sour about the tresspassing, however very agrrivated with the steps these guys took to stop us.

ren02
05-23-2003, 03:07 AM
I also went back to where the chase went on later on in my car.

Along the hole stretch of where the chase happend theres about 6 different sets of skid marks. The final skid where the trucks had me boxxed in is about 30 feet long, this was a 70-0 skid.

The guys in the trucks also tried to tell the cops we were going 80 which is total bs.

MOUSE
05-23-2003, 10:04 AM
im not saying your completely in the wrong but your not completley in the right either i dont blame you for running with the circumstances that were surrounding you but this kind of situation will give the people that dont like people riding atvs all the more reason to stop you from riding them. in my town i have no where to ride because of people either being stupid and riding on private property or other people that have plenty of property that wont allow people to ride on it for many reasons one being being sued if someone gets hurt. :rolleyes:

ESR250R
05-23-2003, 12:55 PM
y did u go on the roads. if u stay in the farms or in the trails they cant possibly catch u. and i've never seen a near stock 400ex do 80 mph. with 20" tires and stock gearing u can do 65 stock and maybe 67 with a pipe. if anyone is ever chasing me i simply head into a corn field and that almost always stops them. there was a guy on a build 410 banshee that decided to run from the cops out here. he imedieately went for the corn field. the cop tried to follow and totalled the front end of his car in the ditch. he was later arrested and got in a bunch of trouble about that one. i've learned my lesson since i use to run all the time and i only ride on property i have permission to ride on.

ren02
05-24-2003, 02:58 AM
These trails head through a more developed area on your way to the powerlines. It was either the road or peoples back yards. I chose the road. I never said my quad did 80 I am totally disagreeing with what they told the police.

quadman21
05-29-2003, 07:05 AM
I was just reading this and it sounds absolutly crazy. If two trucks were chasing me i would try to get off the road but then again, I don't know the whole situation. I use to ride everywhere regardless of who's land it was. I was never caught nor did I even know if I was or wasn't tresspassing. Now I'm a new land and home owner. My practice course for xc is about 4.5 miles long. I do not allow anyone to ride it unless I know them very well. It's kind of funny being on the other side of the situation. Calli it growing up or what you will, but I just don't like tresspassers. I would rather soemone come up to my door and ask for my permission. I would most likely say yes just because I know it's hard to find a place to ride. I just don't like for someone to just pop up on my land without permission. As far as those trucks go...I'm mad for ya:mad: That's attempted murder or manslaughter or something. That's just taking it too far:grr:

Flyin#3-1/2
05-29-2003, 08:20 AM
holy sh*t...that's pretty crazy....that's why you always keep a sawed-off shotgun with you :D, just whip it out and blow the trucks off the road :D:D

2002_300_EX
05-30-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Flyin#3-1/2
holy sh*t...that's pretty crazy....that's why you always keep a sawed-off shotgun with you :D, just whip it out and blow the trucks off the road :D:D

Or a 9mm like my friend does....;)

QuadTrix6
05-30-2003, 12:49 PM
i think you guys are missing the point whats more important a persons life or a persons property??, if that happend to me you can rest assure that the next thing that guy sees is gonna be the inside of a coffin :macho

balla250ex
05-30-2003, 01:49 PM
I've never been chased by the police, the police came to my accident tho. One of my friends on a trailblazer was runnin from the cops and they took a pic of when he looked back. He did'nt have a helmet on so they knew who he was. So if ur ever runnin from the cops don't look all the way back. just turn ur head so u can barely see where they are and that is all u need.

Dirt
05-30-2003, 01:58 PM
At least you know were they live:devil:

lars
06-01-2003, 02:44 PM
well i usualy ride with a hard bunch of people so i would have just stopped right away and the fight would have been on and them guys in the trucks would be runnin before to long :D but yeah thats a bad deal good to see every one is ok i can see a land owner gettin pissed but thats way outta line tryin to run u off the road they should have just called the cops like normal people do

06-02-2003, 03:50 PM
See what happens when people try to take the law into there own hands. :rolleyes:

That was seriously nuts to try to kill these riders for where they were riding, and no matter what anyone here misunderstands these guys driving the trucks are in for one long legal battle.

You cant just attempt to kill people for petty crimes like trespass and I think the guy who posted this should look into pressing charges against these guys also.

if that happend to me you can rest assure that the next thing that guy sees is gonna be the inside of a coffin

It sounds a little macho but I was thinking the same thing, and when your adrenaline is pumping from trying to avoid be run over by a truck people can do some crazy things.