PDA

View Full Version : water sucks

honda270ex
05-22-2003, 01:59 PM
I went riding today and i rode into a pond cus i was doing it all day and had no problem . the last time i was gonna go in i got stuck in 4 feet of water and then it was stuck in the sand. so we got out the scrambler 500 2x4 and tried the pull it out. that got stuck in 2 feet of sand. then we got the scrambler 500 4x4 and that got stuck too. well we finally pushed out my quad and it wouldnt start at all. so we tipped it onto the grab bar and let it drain. well when put it back down i looked in the air box and there was 4 inches of water in there so i drained that out. then we tipped it back up again to let it drain more. so then we went to get out the scrambler2x4 and we dug for about 1 hour and then finally got it out. well then we went back to my quad and all it would do was idle and whenever i pushed on the throttle it would die. so i checked the oil. Holy CRAP! it looked like primer. and there was so much it filled up the whole dip stick. so we drain it out. we took the key out of the 4x4. we had to tow my quad behind the 2x4 to his house. wen we got there my quad fired right up with no oil! so i parked and got some oil. put the oil in the but i guess there was some of the watery oil left and made the new oil the same color.so i ran it for a bit and it seems to be running fine but as soon as i get my quad back im changing the oil cus its still at his house. now getting to the point did this really damage my quad in any way. i didnt really notice any power losses. please help. im servicing it this week so that should help out . please help

remlapr
05-22-2003, 03:10 PM
Why in gods name did you run it with no oil in it??? That probably hurt it more than anything :confused: :confused:

toby400ex
05-22-2003, 04:30 PM
Replace the oil a few times until it is no longer milky. After that you will find out.:ermm: