PDA

View Full Version : Leagers Chassis?

Dale512
05-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Does anybody have any pics of a Leagers "narrow" chassis and T-Pin front-end?

I would also like to know whats so special about this setup.

Thanks guys

Tommy 17
05-22-2003, 02:05 PM
there no bind in the front end bc theres no ball joints... also it has more travel and handles like a dream...

racerx573
05-22-2003, 02:49 PM
I've got a narrow frame but no pro trax. Here's a quad w/ that set up.

racerx573
05-22-2003, 02:52 PM
It's practically one of the best set ups you can run. You can't get the narrow frame without a CR500 linkage rear set up. so in the end a full laeger chassis w/ shocks will run you close to 6 grand.
Frame $2800
Front end $2100
Swingarm $700
Front shocks $1000-$1300
Rear shock $700-$1000
CR 500 linkage $500

stocktires
05-22-2003, 05:16 PM
Personally I wouldnt run a narrow frame. Well, I would if it where given to me, but if I had to decided, I'd pic a regular front end with a protrax type front end.
Pros ran narrow frames back a few years ago, but few run them today, it was kinda a fad. The theory was "longer a-arms = more travel" which is true, but then everyone I've ever talked to said the narrow frames seem to want to sway alot in turns ect, so they switched back.
BUT the pro-trax set-up is kickarse! no bind at all like tommy said, and tons of travel! But it'll cost ya!

Chef
05-22-2003, 06:14 PM
The main thing a narrower frame-longer a-arms- does is soften the arc of the tire on the end of the a-arm. It "smooths" out the action in the corners, and that helps a ton in some situations.

racerx573
05-23-2003, 02:55 AM
The narrow frame will make you have 0 bump steer. The sway in the corners or "Chassis Roll" as some call it can be prevented if you run the ride amount of ride height. All Walsh chassis use a narrow frame. A lot say Walsh handles better than Laeger's so if you want the best handling get a Walsh, if you want something that will last longer, front end wise get a pro trax.

05-23-2003, 03:24 AM
isn't the LRD Attitude frame same as stock width at the a arms ?

jlhughes750
05-23-2003, 04:37 AM
YES!!!!!!!!

smith
05-23-2003, 04:43 AM
I believe you can now get the LRD in both forms (now that they have bought the Laeger name and design)

05-23-2003, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
YES!!!!!!!!
I was almost sure of the LRD being like stock etc ..
thanx jhughes ..
smith,or anyone else can we confirm wether its is or not availble both ways?

forum
05-23-2003, 05:14 AM
the protrax front end isn't more reliable then the walsh. The bearings in the protrax have to be replaced frequantly to keep them from falling apart. the ball joint setups are more solid. The problem comes when the shock isn't set up right and the ball joints bind and break. If i were to build a machine it would have a leagers narrow front end with protrax and cr500 link rear. But thats just an opinion.

racerx573
05-23-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by forum
the protrax front end isn't more reliable then the walsh. The bearings in the protrax have to be replaced frequantly to keep them from falling apart. the ball joint setups are more solid. The problem comes when the shock isn't set up right and the ball joints bind and break. If i were to build a machine it would have a leagers narrow front end with protrax and cr500 link rear. But thats just an opinion.

Actually the reason they have been said to fall apart is due to over greasing. My buddy has a full Laeger, and rides for Baldwin, and he said Baldwin siad to grease it like 2 times a season or so. Here's an interesting thread on ********.com.

View previous topic :: View next topic
edgerat
"B" Rider

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:33 pm Post subject: Pro-Trax vs Walsh......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting another R soon and it comes with the Laeger Pro-Trax front end. I am thinking of trying the Walsh front-end with 400ex spindles just for giggles. Any thoughts from the guys that have rode both???
Thanx,
Isaac

Vtr_Racing
"B" Rider

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:12 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pm me if you wanna get rid of the pro trax front end?

jeremy444
"B" Rider

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:59 pm Post subject:

I am a hardcore leager man but I am soon switching to walsh I have rode both and they feel close but the walsh handles wooped out areas better than a pro-trax

dunk19d
"C" Rider

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:03 pm Post subject:

if you want something that isn't gonna break, stay with the pro-trax.... if you want something that you have to do maintainance on all the time and have to worry about it breaking, go with the walsh......... talking from experience here!!!!!!!!

edgerat
"B" Rider

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:38 am Post subject: hm

Is this Jason Dunkelburger? Just wondering...... anywho what broke on the Walsh front-end? I have not heard of a single person that has had anything but glowing reviews about the Walsh front-end.
Isaac

jorgecuartas72
"A" Rider

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:12 am Post subject:

I've got the Walsh front end on my Cannondale, I learned the hard way that it doesn't like mud very much. I seized the upper ball joints at London, KY.

dunk19d
"C" Rider

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:16 pm Post subject:

yeah this is jason dunkelberger! i've broke several of the pins that the allen bolts thred into, the ones that go down through and up through the spindle. now i got roll designs ones in there, they seen to hole up better. also you have to be concerned about the 400ex spindles, you'll have to figure on replacing that about 3 times in a season. the heims where the a arm bolts to the frame are weak also, i can wear out a brand new front-end in 3 weeks of hard practice, there's just many different parts.......

dunk19d
"C" Rider

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:17 pm Post subject:

although i must say the walsh front end does turn and track great when it's working!!!!!!!

jeremy444
"B" Rider

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:05 pm Post subject:

Hey Dunk is there anyway to get around the problems allso could you use the protrax spindles on the walsh and could mike make the heims a solid piece like the leager and roll. Has Shafer been racing this year.

KandK952
"B" Rider

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:40 am Post subject:

guys... remember dunk is a pro. an amatuer is not going to break a walsh front end half as easy as he will. especially since he probably rides almost everyday, and im sure pretty hard at that.

KandK952
"B" Rider

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:41 am Post subject:

guys... remember dunk is a pro. an amatuer is not going to break a walsh front end half as easy as he will. especially since he probably rides almost everyday, and im sure pretty hard at that.

jeremy444
"B" Rider

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:03 pm Post subject:

KandK I ride tue-thurs and all day sat and sun and I need to find out if it will hold up I may not be a pro but next year I will be running pro am.

NTPRacing19
"C" Rider

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:04 am Post subject:

hey dunk i thought you were testing out walsh frontends when walsh was new! there is defitnetly going to be problems with new products no matter who makes them! but now i bet mike has def worked out those problems and you could be a bit more respectful to walshracecraft when they helped you out and *****. cause i know all i have heard about walshracecraft is very good thigns, i have honestly never heard anything bad about walsh

NTPRacing19
"C" Rider

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:07 am Post subject:

hey dunk, you should really be more respectful to the people who have helped you out in the past! i know that walsh let you test their product at one time, of course there is goin to be something that breaks when its a new product! i have heard nothing but good things about walshracecraft!
i think your the first person to talk smack about walshracecraft.