PDA

View Full Version : jetting

exrider2002
05-22-2003, 12:15 PM
i'm going to buy a hmf slipon with a K&N Air filter, precharger, and maybe a hot cam to all at the same time. what jetting and adjustments should i do to the carb. Will a dynojet carb kit work. or will the stock jets work to.
I live in ontario canada near sarnia at around 500 feet above sea level

kargaaro
05-23-2003, 05:46 AM
There's no magic chart to tell you what to run after the mods. Jetting is not as difficult as you may think. You could buy a dyno kit but I would just up the pilot to a 42 and buy a DG Main jets. The come with 5 sizes of Mains. Buy the 150-160. start at the bottom and work your way up. Ride it with each jet in it. See how it runs and check the plug. You should be able to figure out where it runs best. The needle shouldn't have to be adjusted. The pilot and main are very easy to swap.

Doibugu2
05-23-2003, 05:53 AM
I have my new HMF sitting on the floor here, so I'm curious to see if I have as many problems as Guy400. He had several days of trouble.

I just went and looked at his threads and I think he ended up at 165 for the main on the dyno jet kit. But he has no airbox lid. So you should def be 160 or below.

exrider2002
05-23-2003, 01:26 PM
would a dynojet kit work what sizes are the jets and how many is there