PDA

View Full Version : should I sell my 250r?

dwcrash
05-22-2003, 08:49 AM
Hey everybody I'm pretty new to the sight and I love it! I'm like everybody else in wanting this new machine from Honda to appear. I have an 86 250r in pretty good shape but I think it would cost more than I want to spend on getting it really ready to race in the woods. I also have a 98 300ex. The wife has already vetoed the ideal of having 3 quads in the garage so should I sell the 250r knowing it is a classic or what? I'm sure Honda will make something as good as the R's but I'm afraid I will regret it someday.

sly400ex
05-22-2003, 08:50 AM
DON'T GET RID OF THE R!!!!!:macho

tants
05-22-2003, 08:59 AM
dont sell it, you will regret doing so.

sell the 300 if you need to sell somthing. good cond 250rs are getting hard to find these days. just keep it, just to see IF honda will ever make a new quad

Dan_Guetter
05-22-2003, 09:12 AM
sell it in 6 months!!! ;)

RuffRyder400ex
05-22-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by tants
dont sell it, you will regret doing so.

sell the 300 if you need to sell somthing. good cond 250rs are getting hard to find these days. just keep it, just to see IF honda will ever make a new quad
i agree

lil400exman
05-22-2003, 09:16 AM
r's value will only increase and people will want them more and more so you can get more money for them when you sell them..............and besides everyone agrees it was the quad that set the standard for all other atv's................;) tants is right too.......................

cudaman
05-22-2003, 09:26 AM
yeah, dont sell the R. sell the 300

Ben
05-22-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by lil400exman
r's value will only increase and people will want them more and more

I don't know if I agree with this - I believe that the R's value is dropping and will continue to drop with the introduction of more and more sport quads. The future of racing is almost certainly 4 stroke, especially with the huge advances in four stroke technology and tightening environmental laws. I'd like to have a 250r myself but as far as being a "collector's item" that will increase in value, I might have thought so three years ago but now I just don't see it :)

As far as selling your 250r and keeping the 300ex until the new Honda sport quad comes out.... I would hold on to the R for awhile because all my highly placed sources say it is going to be more than a year until a new model is introduced. Of course when it is introduced the 250r's value will take another hit but I wouldn't worry so much about it that I would go without a high performance quad for 16 months ;)

Ryan
05-22-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
sell it in 6 months!!! ;)

:eek: :blah .

Thanks for the info ;) .

Flyin#3-1/2
05-22-2003, 10:30 AM
don't sell the R, sell the 300ex...and if you really want to get rid of the R badly...give it to me :D :D
i would have to slap you if you ended up selling the R before the 300...big mistake....

Wired
05-22-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Ben
I don't know if I agree with this - I believe that the R's value is dropping and will continue to drop with the introduction of more and more sport quads. The future of racing is almost certainly 4 stroke, especially with the huge advances in four stroke technology and tightening environmental laws. I'd like to have a 250r myself but as far as being a "collector's item" that will increase in value, I might have thought so three years ago but now I just don't see it :)

i agree 100% ben

lil400exman
05-22-2003, 11:26 AM
i doubt it its a clssic and its a 2-stroke and with the demise of them i think that will increase case they are rare and everyone love cause when you say 250r everyone jaws drop............................and if they become cheaper that means us riders are in luck and can pick up more for less...................:D

crazybuffalo
05-22-2003, 03:04 PM
id keep it wether it decreases in value or not, it will still be just as good for riding

Glow Plug
05-22-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Ben

so true

marksuttonjr
05-22-2003, 04:02 PM
KEEP the R. I don't know where the guys are getting the idea that the R's are droping in value. From what I've seen they are increasing in value fast with every new sport quad that comes out. You need to remember they were only a $1,200 quad new now their value used is as high or higher than any quad that was $6,000 new most are easily worth what a new quad is.

lil400exman
05-22-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by marksuttonjr
KEEP the R. I don't know where the guys are getting the idea that the R's are droping in value. From what I've seen they are increasing in value fast with every new sport quad that comes out. You need to remember they were only a $1,200 quad new now their value used is as high or higher than any quad that was $6,000 new most are easily worth what a new quad is.
ur smart............i should send u a pair of grips......................;)