PDA

View Full Version : How wide with a-arms and axle?

edzbanshee
05-22-2003, 08:21 AM
Does anyone with an R with +2 a-arms and +2 axle know what the total width (outside of tire to outside tire) of their quad is? My trailer is 48" wide, but I'm not sure if the R that I'm looking to buy will fit. I think I can flip one of the rear wheels when I travel, but flipping the front wheel will only make it wider, right? Will the front end width be reduced if you lift the quad and then slide it in the trailer? I would be putting 20" Razr's on back (not sure of the front yet).

Scott400EX
05-22-2003, 09:39 AM
A R with +2 arms and stock wheels should be really close to 48"
obviously i fu pic up on the front it will not be as wide so that may work. and the rear should work if uflip on of the rims for travel.

bluebaron
05-22-2003, 03:14 PM
well my ex i is 48 inches wide

marksuttonjr
05-22-2003, 03:55 PM
It should fit with no problem. You shouldn't have to flip wheels around unlwss the fronts are like a +3 offset, and most wheels that I've seen are only +1 or +2. If it has +3 on it you can flip them around and it will fit because I think that all +3 are +2 if turned around. Thats just what I've seen. I could very easily be wrong.

killed300ex
05-22-2003, 04:17 PM
if worst came to worst you could always just take the wheeles off and pic up the front end and carry it into the trailor and block it up but i think it might fit but it will definitly be a close fit
killed