PDA

View Full Version : Memorial wk end.any plans for riding??

QuadJunkies
05-22-2003, 05:29 AM
Just curious what everyone is doing for the Memorial wk end .. Im just going to hang at my parents pool on Sat and soak up some sun,then go ride at the usual riding place we go to.Probably spend most of the day trying to get jetting dialed in on the predator:mad: Anyhow. I hope you all have a great wk end of riding . Ride safe and lets hear your plans....... Tina ;) :)

MOFO
05-22-2003, 05:38 AM
Nope, damn friends went down to the Nascar race in NC this weekend.

...besides, I'm finally picking up my ring for my gal this weekend...if I dont pull my hair out wheel'in & deal'in. :eek2:

redrizza
05-22-2003, 05:42 AM
Swingarm is still being replaired (warantee work) so no riding for me:mad: I should be done fixing my fiddy by the weekend though, so I'm going to ride that :macho

spincr4hire
05-22-2003, 05:44 AM
Hanging out at Livingston with all the mullets......:devil

UglyMotha™
05-22-2003, 05:52 AM
i'm headed to sutton WV tomorow at noon with a crap load of people to camp and ride all weekend:macho

05-22-2003, 05:54 AM
NO riding just drinkin and fishin....:cool:

brokeitin3
05-22-2003, 05:55 AM
but cant tell you who:devil :devil

JustRace
05-22-2003, 05:56 AM
Going to the drag strip again tommorrow night to run the 1/8th mile. Then saturday and sunday i'm going up to party on mackinac island.

MOFO
05-22-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by JustRace
Going to the drag strip again tommorrow night to run the 1/8th mile. Then saturday and sunday i'm going up to party on mackinac island.

ok, you gotta give me the low down on Mackinac island. My g/f and I are going up there the 2nd week in June for vacation. Her friends from work have been there and recommended it to her. I need to know what there is to do other than walk around the Lilac festival thingy... :(

QuadJunkies
05-22-2003, 06:05 AM
Going to the drag strip again tommorrow night to run the 1/8th mile. Then saturday and sunday i'm going up to party on mackinac island. oh.... now that sounds like fun!!!!!!:blah thsi wk end is the first one in a long time for really nice weather!!! Suppose to get up to around 90 degrees... Are you all expecting good weather for riding??

JustRace
05-22-2003, 06:10 AM
Last friday they had two rain delays on the track, but yet those guys on the croth rockets and snowmobiles were running 9 second 1/4miles, now thats crazy. I keep on checking the weather and it keeps going from raining tommorrow to partly clouder. The race at the track is from 7 till midnight. So it should be in the low 60's or upper 50's while i'm there.

The mackinac island thing. I'm going up there to get wasted no other reason. lol Its pretty nice up there to see everything though. The ferry ride across is like 20 minutes and that is cool, unless you fly to the island. I haven't been there in a while so i'll let you know what its like (if i remember the weekend).

MOFO
05-22-2003, 06:12 AM
Last friday they had two rain delays on the track, but yet those guys on the croth rockets and snowmobiles were running 9 second 1/4miles, now thats crazy. I keep on checking the weather and it keeps going from raining tommorrow to partly clouder. The race at the track is from 7 till midnight. So it should be in the low 60's or upper 50's while i'm there.

The mackinac island thing. I'm going up there to get wasted no other reason. lol Its pretty nice up there to see everything though. The ferry ride across is like 20 minutes and that is cool, unless you fly to the island. I haven't been there in a while so i'll let you know what its like (if i remember the weekend).

Thanks...

LML67
05-22-2003, 06:16 AM
I am with Rico on this one. It will be a country music marathon for me this weekend. I will be camping with plenty of country music and cold beer for the weekend. I will probrably fish as well. Let the good times roll.

killed300ex
05-22-2003, 07:51 AM
im going away to a freinds camp in maine for 2 days to ride should be alot of fun and im bringing the digital so i can get some pics to post
killed

QuadJunkies
05-22-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by killed300ex
im going away to a freinds camp in maine for 2 days to ride should be alot of fun and im bringing the digital so i can get some pics to post
killed cool! Cant wiat to see the pics.I may have afew also.......:)

XANDADA
05-22-2003, 08:00 AM
Going camping/riding at Sproul in PA. It's gonna be mighty wet and cold but what the heck. If it's not raining too much hoping to shoot some pics and vids.

QuadTrix6
05-22-2003, 08:01 AM
its gonna rain for the next few days here :mad: :mad: its been raining for 2 days already :ermm: :grr

flyin#5
05-22-2003, 08:03 AM
going up to the cabin with a friend and his quad... lots of trails up there! and a track down the road!

AC 400 ex 02
05-22-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
its gonna rain for the next few days here :mad: :mad: its been raining for 2 days already :ermm: :grr
same here and almost every place around here we have gotten kicked out of or has been closed down:mad: :grr people really do hate us quadders:(

XANDADA
05-22-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by AC 400 ex 02
same here and almost every place around here we have gotten kicked out of or has been closed down:mad: :grr people really do hate us quadders:(

I found it kind of funny that at Sproul (PA) which is a state park only lets quads ride, NO motorcycles of any kind!:devil Boy my buddy who rides a dirt bike was miffed when he found out he couldn't go because of that. I just had to smile and laugh... what goes around, comes around:D

hessianmx111
05-22-2003, 09:07 AM
friday work on bike and quad then on saturday trailride until i cant take it anymore. sunday going to the practice track to enjoy the day and ride a lil while and maybe even conquer the step down:eek: monday i might go back to the track if hes gonna be open. all in all it sounds good to me:cool: i hope the weathers gonna be good :o

QuadJunkies
05-22-2003, 07:41 PM
anyone with a few pics post em!I will do as well....... Have fun and ride safe;) ... Are there any big races this wk end??

toby400ex
05-23-2003, 04:03 AM
YAy, i get to go to the track saturday:blah :eek2:

QuAdRaCeR244
05-23-2003, 04:06 AM
My best friend just bought a 2003 Yamaha TT-R90 and a 2003 Yamaha PW80 on Thursday. He is coming over with them later today and staying all weekend. and we might get the boat out and do some wakeboarding:macho

zephead400ex
05-23-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by QuAdRaCeR244
My best friend just bought a 2003 Yamaha TT-R90 and a 2003 Yamaha PW80 on Thursday. He is coming over with them later today and staying all weekend. and we might get the boat out and do some wakeboarding:macho

My buddy, ledofthezep, just bought a 2003 TTR250, pretty sweet bike! That has a lot of tourque, seems almost more than my quad...:eek:

peace

Dan_Guetter
05-23-2003, 10:29 AM
we'll be in mexico pre running for the baja 500
:o

cool 300ex
05-23-2003, 11:11 AM
All i am gojng to do this weekend is try to get rid of my cold!!!:mad: Na just joking i am going to try to get rid of the rest of it and do some riding.Themn my friend is supost to get his piston for his quadracer and maybe have it all ready to rock for monday.Then we are going to go to these pretty cool dumps.That we only been too on 4x4's.:huh

seven
05-23-2003, 03:22 PM
The wild west nationals are this weekend, saturday and sunday. You guys come up and race ill get my R back together and meet you up there! Sunday anyways. I am going to go up to the track first thing monday morning if i dont race sunday. I have been out of commision for two weeks now and i think i need to ride!

Nausty
05-23-2003, 03:30 PM
saturday, wake up early, go to bussey and have a jump off w/ a ton of my friends from school. sunday: party or ride in newton and monday race at sully.

JustRace
05-23-2003, 04:51 PM
Well my night was good and bad, for the start of the weekend. I ran my fastest time in the 1/8th mile it was 9.958 at 65.17mph (just shifted into 5th about 50ft before the trap). The track was very slow tonight, two heavily modified banshees were only running mid 9's at upper 60's and very low 70's. So i think the ol 400ex did good. Then when i was pulling up to a run i see some smoke coming out of the front of the quad. So after running i go back and no more smoke but i see this.

JustRace
05-23-2003, 04:54 PM
The oil was only on the front of the quad and it wasn't leaking to bad, but any leak is a bad leak. lol The spark plug was loose and the stud in the front was loose too. :o I hope that is all that is whats wrong because the quad was still running great.

The operating picture

JustRace
05-23-2003, 04:59 PM
the fastest one there tonight was a drag banshee running 8.023 at 84.49mph. He had major traction problems even with the huge swingarm. Heres a picture of him smoking another banshee that had ported/polished, cool heads, reeds, and pipes and silencers.

SGA
05-23-2003, 05:15 PM
Well, I will work saturday half a day, then go home and work around the house and in the yard. I have about 8 things left on my project list. Sunday, i'll work around the house and in the yard, then monday, i'll go back to work.:(
I might go to walmart and buy some pants, but I doubt it.:ermm:

Nausty
05-24-2003, 04:49 PM
I went to bussey, it was awsome. A lot of my friends got hurt tho. One got a broken collar bone, the other stitches and another a lot of road rash. I was doing heel clickers off a ton of jumps and doing a bunch of crazy stuff. lol, it was geat.

Sept now I don't think I will be able to ride for a while. I noticed my rear end was making funny noises and the chain was getting looser and looser. I looked down by the carrier and noticed the bearing is like gone and there is shavings everywhere. I hope the carrier is ok.

HONDAofTROY100
05-24-2003, 05:03 PM
nope no riddin for me... the cops are arrestin people for riddin b/c stupid *****es in my neighborhood dont like them

ok get this.. there are a family w/ 2 kids one is a freshmen and ones a junior.. and they dont like me or dirtbikes b/c they are "too loud" wtf?!:huh what kid would not want a motorcycle go kart 4wheeler or anythin w/ an engine?!? these kids are messed up adn they call the cops on us and now there are signs about no tresspassing and whatnot and there are soo mant cops in my neighborhood 24/7 now i cant even bring my bike out w/o a cop stoppin and askin what im doin:mad:

Glow Plug
05-24-2003, 05:04 PM
i did so riding today :huh for like an hour lol yeah the bayou gets boring real fast lol

Stevie-D
05-25-2003, 04:54 AM
dang:cuss: i hurt my ankle last night, so no ridin for me...instead im goin fishin. i can at least ride my Trailboss to the pond:rolleyes:

hessianmx111
05-25-2003, 08:13 AM
damn its rainin cats and dogs now so no moto today:mad: im gonna see if hes open tommorow and ride if my buddy feels like going. yesterday no riding either unless you count ridin wheelie on a honda atc70. i went to a graduation party and helped my dad replace boards on the dock and fence and paint the barn cause were gettin ready to move.

Nausty
05-25-2003, 11:25 AM
well its true, my carrier is thrashed and most of my friends are injured. *yawn* I might switch my front shocks and bars to my dads quad that way I can ride for a while because we're just gonna order an entire rear end now. (Swing-arm, axle, carrier)

JustRace
05-25-2003, 12:03 PM
Went to Mackinac had fun. lol

JustRace
05-25-2003, 12:05 PM
camera was on the wrong setting and didn't realize it, but still a cool picture.

QuadJunkies
05-25-2003, 04:39 PM
Well, today was pretty mellow, Troy has been trying to dial in the Predator today.Almost htere, I think now its more an issue with the float bowl and not the jetting. Everytime he hit the mass whoops it would cut out and in the air it would do that too, other than that she sounds real nice:cool: I got a few pics od a few drags on the 400ex and some of Troy on the Predator .Hope eveyone had a good wk end;) .......

QuadJunkies
05-25-2003, 04:40 PM
our frined Allen on his Predator...

QuadJunkies
05-25-2003, 04:42 PM
Troy racing a modded Shee, had Port,polish,boost bottle,cool head, modded K&N paddles ..All in all the Predator did real well for not being dialed in all the way yet and he raced in Razrs.. They SUCK for climbing in sand....:rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
05-25-2003, 04:42 PM
The Predator got him on this one.....:cool: :macho

QuadJunkies
05-25-2003, 04:43 PM
////

QuadJunkies
05-25-2003, 04:44 PM
my 400ex:D

QuadJunkies
05-25-2003, 04:46 PM
you can see here, a 440ex, the Shee, and the Pradator, see how bad those Razrs dig...:eek: makes for a bad start in sand....paddles will be here on Tues!:blah:

QuadJunkies
05-25-2003, 04:46 PM
my 400ex getting its butt kicked:o

QuadJunkies
05-25-2003, 04:47 PM

QuadJunkies
05-25-2003, 04:48 PM
<<<<<<<

QuadJunkies
05-25-2003, 04:48 PM
Troy sportin a wheelie on the Predator but I took the pic too soon:D

QuadJunkies
05-25-2003, 04:49 PM
My EX

QuadJunkies
05-25-2003, 04:50 PM

QuadJunkies
05-25-2003, 04:53 PM
Heres a pic of my rug rats ..

QuadJunkies
05-25-2003, 04:53 PM
sorry......:)

QuadJunkies
05-26-2003, 04:32 PM
We decicded totake a short trip out to a place nearby called Hemmingway.. Heres a few pics of the surroundings....

QuadJunkies
05-26-2003, 04:33 PM

QuadJunkies
05-26-2003, 04:33 PM
hemmingway where we rode.....

QuadJunkies
05-26-2003, 04:34 PM
This stuff was soooo dry and very powdery today....:eek:

QuadJunkies
05-26-2003, 04:35 PM
This is where the guys trailed for while, one guy here visiting from Penn. got lost and gave us a bit of a scare...:eek2:

QuadJunkies
05-26-2003, 04:36 PM
steep, rocky and rough out here

QuadJunkies
05-26-2003, 04:37 PM
some of the clan that came out for the day......

QuadJunkies
05-26-2003, 04:38 PM
one of these days when I have a full day, Im gonna follow those hills back. There is a ghost town in Silverr City back here.. ITs still got some snow was told by a friend that was up last week...

seven
05-27-2003, 12:40 AM
Ill take you to silver city next weekend if you want to go! Let me know.

QuadJunkies
05-27-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by seven
Ill take you to silver city next weekend if you want to go! Let me know. Boss man has me working this next wk end.:( I really want to go back up into there.Troy said its some nice scenery.The guys that Troy know that went up said it took them 9 hours up and back,Im assuming they played along the way..One girl broke her arm and wrist and one guy hit something in a creek that he thought was only a few inches deep turned out was more like three feet, anyhow the guy went over his bar and literally bent them with his stomach:huh :confused2 .Is it a rough ride up? Where is the starting point? I see there is many different trails that lead up But Im not sure which is the best way to go..Ill give you a buzz soon so we can plan a trip up!!

dirtmomma
05-27-2003, 03:23 AM
Once again NICE pics Tina!!! Well went camping & riding for 4 days, don't think I got any pics though:( the little man did awesome once again on the trails, now he's getting as bad as the 13 yr old, he kept saying "Mom I wanna go ride my quad" he even named it now it's his "Sweetie" LOL LOL he didn't have any wipe outs, ran into back of Dad's 400 & broke a front fender but that was no big deal. I got some good riding in on the 300 took it too the sand & made a little track w/ whoops & what nots so I balsted through that for quite awhile:D didn't seem too bad but I didn't climb any hills. Forgot to put my swingarm guard back on after flattrackin so I cuoldn't go on too nasty of trails didn't want to take a chance & banging somethin up. Had a couple problems w/ it but nothing major & we fixed it temp so I could ride, it didn't have ANY power so we had to wiggled wired & found that wires were loose so we got it started finally, then I lost a nut off of my upper A arm so I thought I was done again but we cross threaded one on there to get by, now I'll be getting new bolts & nuts today....well besides drinking a CHITLOAD of beer that was our weekend, yes we definetly drank more than we rode:p :o but had a good time!!!! if i find some pics I'll post them!!!

UglyMotha™
05-27-2003, 03:50 AM
just got back from my four day trip in sutton wv i got some pics but there mostly scenic didn't have anytime to take any action shots cause we had the hammer down the entire time doesn't take us long to cover a mountain:p so i'll share a few of my pics, don't go calling me nature jane or nothing either:huh

UglyMotha™
05-27-2003, 03:52 AM
this was a natural water fall we came accross it was pretty sweet seemed about 100ft tall and even had a cave back in behind it

UglyMotha™
05-27-2003, 03:55 AM

QuadJunkies
05-27-2003, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
just got back from my four day trip in sutton wv i got some pics but there mostly scenic didn't have anytime to take any action shots cause we had the hammer down the entire time doesn't take us long to cover a mountain:p so i'll share a few of my pics, don't go calling me nature jane or nothing either:huh LOL... I wouldnt dream of it...:o :p looks like a pretty place to ride......

QuadJunkies
05-27-2003, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Once again NICE pics Tina!!! Well went camping & riding for 4 days, don't think I got any pics though:( the little man did awesome once again on the trails, now he's getting as bad as the 13 yr old, he kept saying "Mom I wanna go ride my quad" he even named it now it's his "Sweetie" LOL LOL he didn't have any wipe outs, ran into back of Dad's 400 & broke a front fender but that was no big deal. I got some good riding in on the 300 took it too the sand & made a little track w/ whoops & what nots so I balsted through that for quite awhile:D didn't seem too bad but I didn't climb any hills. Forgot to put my swingarm guard back on after flattrackin so I cuoldn't go on too nasty of trails didn't want to take a chance & banging somethin up. Had a couple problems w/ it but nothing major & we fixed it temp so I could ride, it didn't have ANY power so we had to wiggled wired & found that wires were loose so we got it started finally, then I lost a nut off of my upper A arm so I thought I was done again but we cross threaded one on there to get by, now I'll be getting new bolts & nuts today....well besides drinking a CHITLOAD of beer that was our weekend, yes we definetly drank more than we rode:p :o but had a good time!!!! if i find some pics I'll post them!!! You crack me up girl!:p Were going to have to meet up ones of these days...Glad you had a goodtime. sounds like the last few wk ends youve had a little bit of bad luck with the quads, but glad you were still able to ride. I would like to take my kids trailing sometime but I know that Son of mine would poop out WAY too soon, I think the Daughter would do ok for the most part as long as the trails were easy enogh for her get the mini around on. Wow UglyMotha, I didint know you wre wtill postin those are some REALLY nice pics!! Wish I was there this wk end!:blah:

UglyMotha™
05-27-2003, 04:00 AM

UglyMotha™
05-27-2003, 04:01 AM
///

UglyMotha™
05-27-2003, 04:02 AM
ttt

UglyMotha™
05-27-2003, 04:03 AM
jjj

UglyMotha™
05-27-2003, 04:04 AM
ddd

UglyMotha™
05-27-2003, 04:05 AM
thats enough

seven
05-27-2003, 11:37 AM
I have done it in 45 minutes in and 20 minutes out. How fast do you want to go. If we are in a group you will average about 3 hours in and if you take the main road out it is about 1 hour out. There is a group going in a saturday but they dont know the way so they want a guide. I am not sure if i am going yet or not.

SGA
05-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Great looking pics everyone!

QuadJunkies
05-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by seven
I have done it in 45 minutes in and 20 minutes out. How fast do you want to go. If we are in a group you will average about 3 hours in and if you take the main road out it is about 1 hour out. There is a group going in a saturday but they dont know the way so they want a guide. I am not sure if i am going yet or not. Good Lord...:eek: I wonder what way Daryl went then:o I know he had a group of 30 or so... If you go take some pics and post them if I didnt have to work this wk end I would love to go!! As far as fast, Ive never really rode a trail fast I guess it depends on how fast the ride is... I def want to take a Silver City run soon... Ill get ahold of you and we will have to make some plans and go....:)