PDA

View Full Version : New cleaning solution for dirty quads

05-22-2003, 04:00 AM
I'm sure most of you know about using wisk detergeant and water in a spray bottle.....to clean your quad...

Well wisk just released some kinda new stuff that is new and improved and it has stain fightin actioin too...:eek: it's in a blue/purple bottle...

I can say this stuff works better than the original wisk in the red canister...and for those of you that don't have a clue what i'm talkin about..

It has to be wisk liquid and only wisk,,not any other brand you find on the shelf...

First off spray all the big crap off your quad and it doesn't hurt to let it completely dry before the next step..

2nd.....Fill a large spray bottle with about 25% wisk and the rest water...and shake well....:devil

saturate quad from top to bottom,,,front to back. Let it sit for about 10 minutes or so,,out of the sun if possible,,then hose that mofo off and it takes 80% of the crap off your quad and makes it look like new...:D some stuff will take a little elbow grease but cleanin your quad this way will not require a sponge....:cool:

YLW400
05-22-2003, 04:05 AM
Hey there Rico, you may be able to answer this. My white plastic is beginning to stain where the rear fenders and the side panels meet at due to my boots grinding the heck out of them, what is good for the staining? Will this concocusion work?

lil400exman
05-22-2003, 04:10 AM
try bleach dude that works for me but try that too that works well.............:p ;)

exriderdude
05-22-2003, 04:32 AM
man sponges sucks, but i do it anyway. after im done doin that i spray the whole thing with superclean and then after that i use aluminum cleaner:)

QuadTrix6
05-23-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by YLW400
My white plastic is beginning to stain where the rear fenders and the side panels meet at due to my boots grinding the heck out of them, what is good for the staining? Will this concocusion work?

Try taking a bottle of Fantastik cleaning spray, a bottle of Dawn liquid soap and a bristled brush like a toothbrush. First pour some Dawn soap onto the plastic and scrub it in a swirl design. Next, spray a lot of Fantastik cleaner on top of the soap and plastic. After a few moments, begin brushing the plastic for several minutes. Last spray it off with water. The Fantastik spray and Dawn have 2 chemicals which cause a mixture that brings out fades and staines.

forum
05-23-2003, 05:16 AM
try a presure washer:devil

quadgod440ex
05-23-2003, 05:18 AM
as for the white plastic factor.......bro easiest thing to do...take a SoS pad(brillo pad) keep the plastics wet and scrub where it is stained i guarentee u that the white plastic will look brand new again it is amazing just make sure u keep the plastic wet while scrubbing u will be amazed good luck

CranMan
05-23-2003, 05:18 AM
I've been doing the wisk thing ever since I first heard about here. If you do it every time it will keep the quad pretty much spotless....

fooracer
05-23-2003, 07:18 AM
Yeah Brillo pads are the best solution for white, or should i say brown white. fenders. Seriously made the hugest difference on my R. Night and Day. but only do it on white fenders. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ZRider400
05-23-2003, 09:39 AM
I use this stuff called greased lightening (degreaser) its in a purple bottle.... i mix it with water in a spray bottle and it works great for removing mud/dirt. only problem is it leaves streak marks in the aluminum:( then i just repolish it.

05-23-2003, 02:29 PM
"simple green " ..if real greasy in spots ..."engine brite"

EX 80
05-23-2003, 03:18 PM
WISK all the way. I have been using the stuff in the blue/purple container since i first saw it in the store, earlier this year. But i have been using regular Wisk for 2 years. :D

toby400ex
05-23-2003, 03:29 PM
IS this better than SIMPLE GREEN:confused:

Ben
05-24-2003, 03:02 AM
:macho Thanks Rico - you were the first person to tell me about using Wisk to clean my quad (2+ years ago) and it works great. I'll check this new stuff out too, on your recommendation! :D You should be the "Wisk Guy," kind of like the Chlorox guy! :muscle: :blah:

Rocketman250r
05-27-2003, 07:39 AM
So is it the whole bottle that is purple or just the lid? I sent my wife to the store to look for the stuff, told her it was in a purple bottle. She said all the Wisk was in the same colored bottle, just the lids were different colors. So she didn't buy any yet.

Ben
05-27-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Rocketman250r
So is it the whole bottle that is purple or just the lid? I sent my wife to the store to look for the stuff, told her it was in a purple bottle. She said all the Wisk was in the same colored bottle, just the lids were different colors. So she didn't buy any yet.

Rico, let us know - we are all waiting in anticipation! :D :blah:

hondamxer161
05-27-2003, 05:42 PM
i use simple green with a big scrubbing brush to wash my whole quad, and my truck for that matter...
for the white plastic i use orange clean hand cleaner and a rag. i wouldnt recomend this if your plastic is new and shiny still, but other than that it works AWESOME, and for some reason it doesnt get as brown as quick.....

mike

05-28-2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Rocketman250r

the stuff i've used for years comes in a red bottle/purple top..

The new stuff looks like this................:D

JHF219
05-28-2003, 04:58 AM
i have a good suggestion for making a quad shine and repelling water and dirt !! whenever i finish cleaning my quad i use baby oil on the fenders and all it makes the quad shine plus helps keep mud and stuff off !!

infantry317
05-28-2003, 05:52 AM
I tried that dawn liquid/Fantastick spray thing last weekend on my old red rear fenders, didn't do S***! That was off of LRD racing's site (they said it was best for white though) :ermm:

NTPRacing#19
05-28-2003, 10:21 AM
use paint thinner on your white plastics. the ***** does wonders on white plastic.

2K400ex
05-31-2003, 06:19 PM
humm baby oil.. i have other uses for that hehe .. j/k i use anything like pam or anything silicone based.. it makes the mud drip off with out sticking and makes cleaning sooo much easier..

mx73vet
06-01-2003, 03:54 AM
Liquid P is by far the best cleaner I've ever used. It's a little pricey but it works better than Fantastic, Simple Green, Mean Green all of them. Spray it on while your bike is still dirty, let it sit for a min. or two and wash it off. It leaves a shine on everything and dosen't fade your aluminum parts. Try it!

Glamis400ex
06-01-2003, 10:49 AM
Hey Rico,

WTF is wrong with that table in the backround?:confused: Did you build that after 1 too many beers??:eek2:

LOL/jk

Glamis

MEL
07-01-2003, 04:53 AM
rico, thanks for the info. tried it after a mud race this past weekend. works as good as anything else, and about half the price.

phatswinn
07-01-2003, 05:34 AM
powa washa mmaaaannnn

and greased lightning half and half with water

Evan400ex
07-01-2003, 05:40 AM
I use Greased Lightning too but it leaves streaks in the aluminum. So just don't spray it on anything that is aluminum on your quad.:confused2

07-01-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Glamis400ex
Hey Rico,

WTF is wrong with that table in the backround?:confused: Did you build that after 1 too many beers??:eek2:

LOL/jk

Glamis

That bench took 2 drunks to build thank you...:eek:

NITRO1253
07-01-2003, 04:00 PM
anybody ever use AWESOME, from the dollar store. its better than everyhing else and cheaper

J-06
07-03-2003, 04:04 PM
I wash my quad with a Brush and Srubbing Bubbles..Then Take some mothers for the wheels..Then STP Son Of A Gun! Thatst the best product ive ever bought..I really wanna try this stuff your guys saying though sound slike it works grea!:D

Scott-300ex
07-03-2003, 04:15 PM
we sprayed some pam on the bottom side of our fenders once and went riding, in sandy mud/dirt. I waited about 5 days and then washed 'em up and it made the dirt stick and tough to get off, kind of like wiping tar, it sucked, maybe i needed to hose it off right away:(

i just use a hose, spounge, and chamios