PDA

View Full Version : Tips on riding

stace609
05-22-2003, 03:57 AM
hey everyone, i was wondering if you could give some some tips on riding a dirtbike. this weekend i'm going to try to ride my husband's bike for the first time. i've never used a clutch or shifter before, i have a recon, and its automatic. i'm afraid the first time i try to turn i'm just going to tip over and never want to ride again. :blah
thanks for any suggestions,
stace

lil400exman
05-22-2003, 03:59 AM
well when u turn sit way on the back of the seat and pop the clutch and break that rear tire loose it will spin you arond to where you want to go..............;) other than that they are a real handful so be careful!:)

sly400ex
05-22-2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by stace609
hey everyone, i was wondering if you could give some some tips on riding a dirtbike. this weekend i'm going to try to ride my husband's bike for the first time. i've never used a clutch or shifter before, i have a recon, and its automatic. i'm afraid the first time i try to turn i'm just going to tip over and never want to ride again. :blah
thanks for any suggestions,
stace

If you have ever driven a stick shift car, it is the same principle. You have to find the balance between the clutch and throttle or you may find yourself sitting on your arse! Just take it easy!

FastByDesign
05-22-2003, 07:36 AM
Dont wipe out, from my experience, that is the best tip i can give ya
;)

QuadTrix6
05-22-2003, 07:49 AM
be aware of wrist lock :ermm:

sweet300ex
05-22-2003, 07:58 AM
AT first just go slow and get used to 2 wheels, that will help!, then get used to the clutch, let it out slowly and give it alittle throttle, dont get thottle happy

jcv400ex
05-22-2003, 08:39 AM
Have your husband kick start it....ask him one more time "Are you sure honey?" Point it down hill, have him hold it, you jump on it, pull in the clutch, kick her down into first, he gives you alittle push......panic rev it, pop the clutch, aim for the biggest tree, jump off, and start cryin......Then tell him to get rid of that Recon and get you a 400! :devil :macho

stace609
05-22-2003, 08:49 AM
LOL :cool:

Sportrax10
05-22-2003, 09:35 AM
Learning 2 wheels and a clutch at the same time might be too much. If you could try to ride a quad with a clutch, or ride a small bike without a clutch it could me learning a whole lot easier. Just a thought.:ermm: