PDA

View Full Version : Tips for rutted and steep faces of jumps

nacs400ex
05-21-2003, 11:54 PM
Hey every wednesday I go to the local MX track, but the dirtbike screw up all the lips, so it makes my quad go sideways and almost barrel roll. Anyway tips on how to recover easily when the back end comes around? Also theres this really steep triple that I wanna try but the lip is very steep, any tips on how to hit it?

lil400exman
05-22-2003, 03:46 AM
well on the lips: lean way back put your weight on the opposite side of the roll and when you get to the top punch the gas.................wors for me everytime...............:)

nacs400ex
05-22-2003, 09:11 AM
alright sweet, I will have to try that next time, anyone else?

lil400exman
05-22-2003, 09:13 AM
just a warning though giving a little to much gas can cause the quad to go vertical in the air...............................this will help you launch a tad high and more controlled imo thats the way i feel when riding.......................try and wheelie the tops of jumps...........................:cool:

400exBro
05-22-2003, 09:57 AM
try looking for ohter lines coming up to the jump, unless the whole freaking jump is messed then i sugguse you walk up to james ( you are talking about rj right) and tell him to get his *** up and do some work... and with the triple, try doubling it first to get the fell of it and when you go that pat down, go for it, cheap your weight center, a little more to the back if you don't have a good run way to it... in the air lean back if the quad noise dives and hold the mofo wide open... if she is to high get the death grip going and pull in the clutch and stomp the rear break...

also if you get thrown side ways, try leaning to the other side like ill400exman side...

also the track better be in good condition for the exriders ride in july (sorry i will be gone in august)

Sick0
05-22-2003, 11:02 AM
get a shovel or don't hit it.

nacs400ex
05-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Last night the track was rough as hell, because there was so many dirtbikes, braking bumps a foot wide so that only one tire would hit. But my steering dampner helped kinda. The whole triple was totally screwed, Its so steep when I tried it I cased massive! LOL I thought I was gunna break something, but my suspensin didnt even bottom out:D I love these shocks!!! James is renting the track out to people he knows this year, but I dont know.. CMRC is charging like $400 a day for practice insurance. So I think we are gunna have to divide that price between all of us if we have even the slightest chance to ride there. Even if this goes through I say we have a ride at Gopher, Motopark, and all the other tracks.. that way there will be like 4 exriders rides up here.

Nausty
05-22-2003, 05:32 PM
if your tail end is going out just do a turn down and it should straiten out. Its hard to describe how to through around the quad in the air but if you can learn to do a turn down it can be used for lots of stuff. If you want to move the rear end around in the air purposely you can get down low and push away w/ your inside foot or twitch the bars and steer the rear end off the face in the direction you want. Basically everything that happens on the face you have to counteract it in the air by twisting, pushing and pulling the quad in the direction you want.

just try to lift up the end that is low and push down the end that is high and you should be ok in most intantces.

leaning back on the face of the jumps helps too like the other guy said.

Its really hard to describe stuff like this w/ typed words on the internet and not being able to show you. Also it can get really tricky in the air sometimes when you may need to go through a couple differant procedures to get the quad where you want it in the air and no one procedure works for everything. I am in awe sometimes when I watch vids of the pros watching them move around the quad in so many ways so smoothly.

I hope this all makes sence.

nacs400ex
05-23-2003, 03:33 PM
Yeah, it all makes sense but I need lots of practice whipping it around in the air. I can do it off step ups really easy, but with doubles I just cant whip it around as good. I guess this wednesday I will just practice that all day.

250x#93
05-24-2003, 04:31 PM
Go around em:devil:

ridered86
05-25-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Sick0
get a shovel or don't hit it.

is it a sanctioned quad race? or just practice? if it is only a practice track many of the officials would be happy to call a time out and fix a problem, all you gotta do is ask;)

Nausty
05-25-2003, 04:11 AM
also I had to use this trick yesterday... Try hitting the ramp in differant spots. I was launching off a 4th gear pinned jump that no other quads were hitting and is all I was doing was having one side go inbetween the regular ruts and the other on the outside.