PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas

marksuttonjr
05-21-2003, 04:35 PM
I'll be in Arkansas riding all next week. Probably going to ride at Moccasin Gap most of the week. We might hit a few other areas in Arkansas also. Does anyone have any recomendations for other places to hit in Northern Arkansas? Or possibly Southern Missouri? If you are going to be at Moccasin Gap we will be camping at the horse camp. There will be 4 or 5 of us. The 3 quads listed in my sig. will definatly be there (1 will just be a backup in case something breaks) as well as a red Rancher and a yellow 400EX if the 5th guy goes there will also be a red 400EX. We will be in a silver F150 extended cab with a fiberglass topper and a black 24" Contender enclosed trailer. If you are there look us up.

tryken
05-21-2003, 05:46 PM
What brings you to Arkansas?

ChuckMoe
05-22-2003, 03:41 AM
I will be riding at the Missouri/Arkansas border around hwy 65 all day Monday, possibly Tuesday. There are miles upon miles of trails around my parents house.

If your interested, let me know. We love having people ride with us.

marksuttonjr
05-22-2003, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by tryken
What brings you to Arkansas?

Last year a guy that I work with paid for nearly everything we needed for a riding trip in return for a ride to Subiaco. My father went along and Moccasin Gap is what got him back into riding for fun so we are going to start making the trip 1 time a year. He hadn't ridden for fun since his best friend got killed on the 250 Big Red that I've got back in 1991. He had only used quads and trikes for work and hunting until then.

ChuckMoe
We might take you up on that offer. I'll have to talk to my father tonight he will be the one doing most of the driving since I'm almost blind in my left eye. He doesn't like me pulling that big trailer around very much since I started losing my vision even with the fact that it is only 1/2 his and 1/2 mine. PM me with a phone # I can reach you at and I'll give you a call to get directions if he wants to do that. He might not want to that early in the week. If it were later in the week I'm sure that he would.

ChuckMoe
05-22-2003, 04:04 AM
you should have a pm. Also, if you're willing to come an hour north of the border on Thursday afternoon the rodeo we ride in has a "practice" session. For $10 they have NHRA style tree and we drag race, and slolem race against each other.

They will be open 6-10 for practice Thursday May 29. They are in Clever, MO.

www.hometown.aol.com/silverlakeatv (http://www.hometown.aol.com/silverlakeatv) for directions. That's me on the white one and my brother in law on the ex on that homepage.

ChuckMoe
05-22-2003, 04:06 AM
Oh, and there is a rodeo scheduled for Saturday May 31 if you guys are still around. I will probably be riding at my parents house that weekend too if you want to join us.

marksuttonjr
05-31-2003, 01:25 PM
Got home from the trip last night. We cut it short due to mechanical problems. The bearings went out of the rearend of my R, my cousin bent a stearing stem on his EX and the breaks on my Rancher were starting to make a lot of noise. So I guess that we tore too much stuff up. All of the problems could have been prevented prety easily, but I guess that **** hapopens. We did have a good time, even with all of the troubles. I can't wait to get back down there next spring, and I'll definatly make sure that my quads are ready instead of loading them up a week early without looking them over realy good.