PDA

View Full Version : +2+1 or plain vanilla +2 ??????

Pepto_Bismol
01-01-2002, 06:17 PM
I'm considering Houser A-arms, I would like at least +2 cause I ride in the desert alot, but I also go to the track for MX, so who can tell me what riding (handling advantages/disadvantages) differences are between +2 +1 and just plain +2 ? (Besides having to install new brake lines, I want performance diff's!!)
Thanks Pep.
:cool:

kabd69667
01-01-2002, 07:05 PM
You wouldn't actually have to worry aobut the one inch on the a arms if your planning on getting an extended swingarm.

Foxrage
01-01-2002, 07:08 PM
Im not to sure on the one inch forward but i wouldnt worry about it because you cant get the one inch forward from houser and you should diffinitly get houser.

01-01-2002, 07:16 PM
+2+1 is a little more stable at very high speeds but also takes a lil bit away from your handling....

+2 is still as stable as stock at a high rate of speed but will handle better in the turns because your wheelbase is shorter...hope that makes scence...toby

Dave400ex
01-01-2002, 08:18 PM
The guy from CT Racing said if you go with a +1 Swingarm you should get the +1 A-Arms to keep it even. I would just get the +2 A-Arms and +1 Swingarm. He said it doesn`t really matter. Laeger is also a good brand.

Pepto_Bismol
01-01-2002, 09:12 PM
Didn't do my research. I didn't realize Houser does not make +2+1. Some local MX racers I know don't recommend getting an extended swingarm, I'm assumimg it's because the stock length swingarm provides the proper weight over the rear so you get less spin out and more traction? Sort of like sand bags in the truck for winter traction? Does one inch really make much difference? BTW, since I ain't rich, can I use my stock shocks for a while with Houser +2 A-Arms? Everybody's response here is appreciated!
Thanks.
Pep. :cool:

Dave400ex
01-01-2002, 09:30 PM
That story about the Swingarm makes since. If you were going to get a new Swingarm I would get a +1 though. The +1 must make a difference or everybody that got new Swingarms wouldn`t get +1.

You can use your stock shocks for a while. I wouldn`t be jumping Huge jumps though. What kind of shocks do you plan on getting?

PhilMoore
01-01-2002, 10:49 PM
A friend of mine just got a +1 Lonestar swingarm. I didn't ride his quad, but he said it makes it harder to do wheelies (ie: can't pull 4th gear wheelies any more), jumps seem even more stable, and the suspension seems more plush. He did not get his rear shock redone yet.

chris29
01-02-2002, 12:31 AM
I got the +2 inch houser a-arms and +1 inch houser swingarm and they both work great. You don't have to instal new brake lines when you get wider a-arms the stock ones will still work fine I have the stock brake lines on mine.

RideRed04
01-02-2002, 10:51 AM
You need the longer brake lines if you get the +2+1. You stockers will be very plush... crank up the preload. Thumper was using stock shocks on his +2's for a while (maybe still is) so pm him and ask, he'll be able to tell you.