PDA

View Full Version : Are Kenda's "GNARLY"?

"BLAHH"300!!
05-21-2003, 11:56 AM
Hey,
i ordered fast trekker 20"s the other day, but my dealer's dealer discontinued this item (unless their discontinued everywhere)
.anyway, he called yesterday, and told me he had Kenda Gnarly's in stock, for $10 bux more...said if i want them, he'd drop the $10 bux, and mount them for free.....i said ok.

have you used this tire before, give me an idea of what to expect.
sidewall flex, wearing pattern's, tracktion, spin?

i'll be riding in, sand at the creek, mud on bottom of the creek, gravel, and hardpack....i'm sure i'll find some slick stuff everynow and then....
...just give me an idea...

remlapr
05-21-2003, 01:22 PM
I had the 22", they sucked. The sidewalls are very soft and they have a round profile and they are huge, this all added up to them handling like total shnit. The only good thing I can say is that they hook up big time going up muddy hills, but there are other tires out there that probably hook up just as well. Don't buy these in 22", I really can't speak to the 20"

bmw500hp
05-21-2003, 01:37 PM
440ex4me has the Knarly's ...he will give you some info to go on. No experience here but have definitely seen posts saying 22's were too big! It sounds like your getting a pretty fair deal...kenda's are said to wear well and hookup real good too...:)

OCCRA288
05-21-2003, 01:56 PM
I've got em in a 20 inch profile and they are awesome. They bounce a little but it may just be me. But in the words of Chris Farley "Me Likey!"

TRX_Thumper
05-21-2003, 03:15 PM
ive got the 20's....there a great tire will last a long time...not the best for the track but actually i raced flattrack sat night and i made 4th out of 19 on my stock 400 only thing it has is the gnarlys so they do fairly well in all conditions...great woods an desert tire to you should never get a flat....go pretty good i deep mud 2

"BLAHH"300!!
05-21-2003, 04:17 PM
thanx ya'll.
...i was kinda worried, but i was needing tire's bad.
they don't look very promising. i'll get them back tomarrow.

05-21-2003, 06:32 PM
I think you will like them.

They wear like steel and slide allmost too well. Its about the toughest tire I have seen and still works well overall.

The problem I have is that it doesnt hook up as well as I would like and slides too much under power but I think with the 300ex you should have minimal issues with those.

Performed well in sand, ok in muddy stuff and best in hard pack, but they look for traction on gravel but most tires do.

BTW in over a year ZERO FLATS and very little tread wear.

dpizz450
06-20-2003, 04:39 PM
these tires kick *** dude i have them on my 250 and they are tite as a mug they dont ware that much either i got low profile 20"

Johnny & Monica
06-20-2003, 04:48 PM
I had Kenda Desert Dogs ( now known as Gnarly) I race the Missouri State Hairscramble Series and rode all year and not a flat. I had them on a Lonestar 250r and a honda 400ex and no problems with them at all. The season before i tore up 12 rear razr's in the season. You tell me what to think after a season with no flats? Great tire !!!!!!!!!!!

"BLAHH"300!!
06-20-2003, 10:55 PM
thanx for the replies guys...

and i an voch for them too now.
..i can only give them a single thumbs up..only 5 rides old.
can't really comment on the long time effects, but they do hook up pretty good. I like to slide to rear in turns, and they havn't thrown me off balance yet, so i'll give am' a + there.

lars
06-22-2003, 01:40 PM
i just got some fast trekkers rode on em all day yesterday all i can say is sweet:D :D :D they handle just the way i like. alittle slide to em good bite commin of the corner