PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Pismo July 4th????????

300exTJjeeper
05-21-2003, 06:44 AM
Is anybody up for it or anytime sooner is great. I gotta hit the dunes one last time before I move to Virignia.

So let's go

SobeAHonda
05-21-2003, 06:46 AM
that's the day of my b-day so I might be able to convince my dad to let me go stag.

300exTJjeeper
05-21-2003, 09:17 AM
that must be fun having your b-day on july 4th.

Kill 2 birds with one stone

Str8Wicked
05-21-2003, 10:31 AM
July 5th is Ozzfest... Stayin in town for this one since Marylin Manson, KOrn, Disturbed, and others are playing....

Davids440ex
05-22-2003, 03:13 AM
i will be there

Tazz300ex
05-22-2003, 08:14 AM
:eek2: Ozzfest this year is on July 5th..man I didn't even check... I was going to go this year..hmmmmm take trip to Pismo which will always be there...Or go see Ozzy (who will not always be there) Pushin to Ozzfest....hmmmm big decision ....300exTJjeeper is moving to Virginia.. Might be the last riding trip...Dammmit....

Str8Wicked
05-22-2003, 09:56 AM
How the hell you go from Cali to Virginia...

whys he moving

Tazz300ex
05-22-2003, 10:29 AM
I think he is moving there for government jobs available... I don't really know he'll probably post something..

cudaman
05-27-2003, 08:03 AM
ill be there july 4th. hopefully will get to take a quick trip to mexico before then to get some "fireworks"(me like BIG explosions) if i have enough money i will get a bunch of m12000(bad@ss) ill be in a brandnew lifted gmc 2500 or a prerunnered white ranger. whats everyone elses rides?

Davids440ex
05-27-2003, 01:52 PM
i got a red ford pre runner and a black number 29 400 that will be for sale

Dune Surfer
06-24-2003, 03:22 PM
Anybody still going on the 4th. I may be able to make it. let me know

Davids440ex
06-24-2003, 09:41 PM
i will be there don't know if i will have my pre runner fixed by then

Tazz300ex
06-25-2003, 03:17 AM
um Yeah are the dunes closed or closing?? there is a thread on Dune Tales stating that they are closing the dunes for a year..This makes me sooooooo:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :scary: ::scary: :scary: : :grr: :grr::mad:

K2Snow
06-25-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Tazz300ex
um Yeah are the dunes closed or closing?? there is a thread on Dune Tales stating that they are closing the dunes for a year..This makes me sooooooo:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :scary: ::scary: :scary: : :grr: :grr::mad:

They are only closing a portion as far as I know. I am buying my first quad within the next 2 weeks, and I live 20 minutes from Pismo. I'll be so mad if they end up closing the whole thing.

Str8Wicked
06-25-2003, 12:19 PM
Was actually planning on going after all until this Sunday when I blew my rear end outta my Avalanche ane bent a few parts here and there. It's int he shop but doubt it'll be out by July 4th....

Time will tell....

300exTJjeeper
06-25-2003, 05:16 PM
WOW how did you blow out the rear end. Ask Tazz he is good doing that to other people so I heard.
Just came back from a Gorman run over the weeked. On Sat morning I woke and went outside to start cooking I notice that there some boots outside of Tazz tent and then some dude came out, that I never saw before. Well it was true that Tazz was blowing his rear end.

Anyways got any pics of the truck??

Str8Wicked
06-26-2003, 05:19 AM
Was messing around on some rocks that were a bit to big... Made it threw them but my rear end snapped on the last rock and had to drive home in 4 wheel drive since my rear differential would not turn...

K2Snow
06-27-2003, 05:30 PM
So is anyone going to Pismo on the 4th or what? If so, times and a meeting place?

Dune Surfer
06-27-2003, 05:55 PM
I'm thinking of comming up on the 5th. I have friends that will be there then with a place for me to stay.

K2Snow
06-28-2003, 01:38 PM
Officially got new quad. I'll be at Pismo on the 4th. Final call, anyone else going?

Dune Surfer
06-28-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by K2Snow
Officially got new quad. I'll be at Pismo on the 4th. Final call, anyone else going?

What did you get?

K2Snow
06-28-2003, 05:57 PM
brand new 300ex :) not the baddest, but good enough!

D-4our
06-28-2003, 07:08 PM
hey k2, you wouldnt happen to live in nipomo would you? Anyways im deffinately gonna be there from tues. to sat. with an orange 250r. oh yeah ill also be camping with a black h2 hummer and possibly a black lifted suburban with black rims, not hard to miss.

K2Snow
06-28-2003, 08:04 PM
D, I live in Santa Maria... 10 minutes from nipomo. I'll be out riding in the morning, gotta work at 3. I'll ahve a little black truck with chrome rims, bone stock 300ex in the back.... be riding around with the new red ex and a red helmet... it'll prob be easier for me to find you though heh heh... i'll keep an eye out

Dune Surfer
06-30-2003, 04:54 AM
Congrats on the 300:D Good first quad. A pipe and a k&n will wake that right up. Sand tires too. Enjoy Pismo. I may come up not sure yet.

Str8Wicked
06-30-2003, 05:15 AM
I think I'll be running up there this Friday.. Hopefulyl my trucks done..... SHould be going with about 20 people if everyone goes who says they will....

Str8Wicked
06-30-2003, 08:11 AM
Just heard that the truck should be done THurs... it looks like I'll be rolling with a bunch of friends down to Pismo... Look for the Avi and the Sinners Clothing Truck..... We'll all be parting down there....

Ernie

K2Snow
06-30-2003, 05:02 PM
Man, everyone in these huge trucks. I'm gonna feel dumb. I'll look for ya though.

Str8Wicked
07-01-2003, 05:34 AM
Here's a pic of the sinners truck which will be rolling down with us..... my Avi is right behind it............

Dune Surfer
07-01-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by K2Snow
Man, everyone in these huge trucks. I'm gonna feel dumb. I'll look for ya though.

Don't sweat it dude, Those guys with the big trucks are compensating for something.....Hmmm ....locking at st8's truck he is compensating for a lot......lmao..... Kidding str8t. I'm sure your a regular John Holmes....not

K2Snow
07-01-2003, 06:47 AM
nice, does the girl come with the truck str8? anyway, i'll post a pic of my truck if you want. you've probably already seen it though on the board a couple times though. dunesurfer, nice one by the way heh heh. oh eya, i gotta work at 3 on the 4th, i'll be at pismo sometime in the morning, pretty early 8, 9?

K2Snow
07-01-2003, 06:48 AM
oh and str8, good thing you got a big truck, you can pull me out when i get stuck ;) my truck is 2wd, 4cyl, it is also a rear wheel drive, and theback is EXTREMELY light, hopefully the weight of the quad will help a lot. gonna take osme air out the tires too

Davids440ex
07-01-2003, 07:45 AM
hey you willl learn how to drive out there i never get stuck in my 4 cyclinder pre runner just air down alot in the rear

Str8Wicked
07-01-2003, 08:39 AM
K2Snow, air down to like 5 psi and you'll be good...

Dune Surfer.... OK you found out my secret... lol... still get the biatches thou.... lol ;) ;) ;)

See you guys out there and I think the SInners group will be out with us but the girls will be out probably on the next trip....

K2Snow
07-01-2003, 11:03 AM
Str8, I'll trust your reccomendation. I heard of a diff. entrance with a liquor store nearby and an air pump? I'm gonna have to find that before the 4th. Going riding tomorrow and the next so hopefully I'll be good on the dunes by Friday. I'd love to see the girls, although I'm afraid I am prob. too young ;) Look for this setup bro.

Str8Wicked
07-02-2003, 04:11 AM
Talked to the shop this morning. They can't get the ring and pinion set for my rear end so I told them I'll have most likely precision gear next day air them a set so I can have it for this weekend... You know how it goes.. Always down to the last min.

I'll look for your truck K2Snow......

K2Snow
07-02-2003, 11:04 AM
wicked, what were the directions to the alternate entrance again? i usually go 101 north, get off at grand, and take it till i hit the beach, where is the other entrance with the liquor store and air pump? i need an air pump to air up after i get out of the sand. oh, and i got some tow ropes handy, might need ya to drag my *** around the beach lol, j/k

Str8Wicked
07-03-2003, 04:58 AM
you know more than I K2, this is my first trip to Pismo... I'm a Glamis regular....

The directions I got are:

Take 101 north -

Ext the 4th St. Exit towards Five cities dr.

Turn left onto 4th St.

Turn right onto Grand Ave.

Turn left ontp Pacific Blvd (CA-1)

Also does anyone know if I'll have problems camping without reservations..

Can I just find an empty spot and set up camp.. We are leaving tomorrow morning with 3 trucks and three trailers. Sat, morning we have Sinners lifted S-10, a lifted Jeep, and a few other rides coming up as well.

Also do the ranger care about fireworks, I know in Glamis they don't.. I'm taking a s load of fireworks for the weekend......

Dune Surfer
07-03-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked
you know more than I K2, this is my first trip to Pismo... I'm a Glamis regular....

The directions I got are:

Take 101 north -

Ext the 4th St. Exit towards Five cities dr.

Turn left onto 4th St.

Turn right onto Grand Ave.

Turn left ontp Pacific Blvd (CA-1)

Also does anyone know if I'll have problems camping without reservations..

Can I just find an empty spot and set up camp.. We are leaving tomorrow morning with 3 trucks and three trailers. Sat, morning we have Sinners lifted S-10, a lifted Jeep, and a few other rides coming up as well.

Also do the ranger care about fireworks, I know in Glamis they don't.. I'm taking a s load of fireworks for the weekend......

Camping without reservations is a total bust. They go around and check everybody at first light and anyone who doesn't have a pass gets a $350 ticket. Last time I was there they got a bunch of people. As far a fireworks go, not sure but it is not like Glamis the rangers are all over the place. Last time I was there I got pulled over for my tail light being out. What ever you do don't speed on the beach or ride drunk.

K2Snow
07-03-2003, 01:12 PM
str8, i thought you were the one who told me about a liquor store with an air pump... it was someone else, my bad. i went to pismo today, pretty crowded, gonna be way worse tomorrow. str8, those directions are kinda weird but i guess they'd work. if i were you, just take 101 north, get off at grand ave exit, take a left onto grand, and drive until you hit the beach.... just stay on grand.... very easy. anyway, since you've never been there i guess you have no idea where you are gonna park? people park for miles and miles, so how the hell am I gonna find you lol. if you don't mind, we could meet up somewhere on grand ave in the morning and go from there, let me know asap though. dunno what you are gonna do about camping, all filled up, you won't be able to make reservations. dunesurfer, you still going or what? if so, let's meet up!

K2Snow
07-03-2003, 01:15 PM
oh, and yea the rangers are usually pretty bad.... although today i accidentally did a wheelie by one of them and they just drove on and ignored me. a lot of the quads out there had some pretty loud pipes too but i never saw them getting busted for it.... they let a lot of crap slide today, dunno about tomorrow though

Dune Surfer
07-03-2003, 05:26 PM
Im still trying to decide. I think it is going to be soooo crowded. Last holiday I was there so many people were riding it was crazy.
I don't have anything better to do I'm just worried about traffic on the way home. K2 I'll pm you my phone # call me tommorow night and tell me how crowded it is.

K2Snow
07-04-2003, 07:07 PM
well, i headed over to pismo, but it was way too crowded. the lines getting onto the beach were absolutely ridiculous. i figured i'd have to drive for miles down the beach till i could find a spot on the beach, and i didn't wanna risk getting stuck, plus i didn't wanna get stuck in traffic getting out, i'm afraid if i stopped moving i would get stuck in the sand, plus the air pump would be hard to get to afterwards with all the people. anyway, so i just left and hit a local area for the day... i called ya twice dunesurfer, no answer. anyway, i'm heading up next thursday and friday for sure... let me know if you'll be around

310Rduner
07-05-2003, 01:01 PM
str8, i thought you were the one who told me about a liquor store with an air pump... it was someone else, my bad.

that would have been me:o lol

yeah Pismo is a biatch when the 4th hits.. last year we were camping out like 5 days early we had a HUGE spot roped off.. and everyone around us was crowded in.. we went to top of one of the close dunes on the beach you have to hike up.. lol pretty cool seeing them all crowded in and we have the ONLy big spot..

wished i could have been there this year:(

oh well.. ill be there either wednesday or thursday of this week..if were there wednesday then were leaving friday.. if thursday then sat. prolly

The rangers could care less about loud pipes or wheelies on the beach.. as long as the wheelies are under 15mph (speed limit) and not reckless they dont mind at all.

Dune Surfer
07-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Sorry I missed you dude. I looked for you. I saw str8twicked. Too crowded but I had fun. Going to Idaho wed. We will have to hook up another time. Enjoy your quad.
tony

Str8Wicked
07-08-2003, 07:47 AM
Hey DuneSurfer.. nice seeing you even thou I didn't recognizze you on that polaris... lol....

I got some pics up on the other thread....