PDA

View Full Version : electric start??

cudaman
05-21-2003, 05:12 AM
wasnt sure where to put this but...

can you put an electric start on a 250r. i wouldnt mind having both electric start and kickstart. i think it would be nice. lemme know if this is possible and anything else you ahve to add. thanks

cudaman
05-21-2003, 09:05 AM
nobody knows or was it just a dumb question. ttt

UglyMotha™
05-21-2003, 09:08 AM
never heard of such a thing:o

05-21-2003, 09:16 AM
i highly doubt it.

wilkin250r
05-21-2003, 09:49 AM
It would have to be nearly impossible. you would need a completely new flywheel to accept the gear for the starter, which would require a whole new crank to put the flywheel gear on. Then you get into issues with the case, special machining to accept the new crank and flywheel, as well as welding the starter motor to the case. Then there's the electrical system, you would need to add a battery, and re-vamp the electrical system from AC to DC so that you can charge the battery. That's just the surface of it...

cudaman
05-21-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
It would have to be nearly impossible. you would need a completely new flywheel to accept the gear for the starter, which would require a whole new crank to put the flywheel gear on. Then you get into issues with the case, special machining to accept the new crank and flywheel, as well as welding the starter motor to the case. Then there's the electrical system, you would need to add a battery, and re-vamp the electrical system from AC to DC so that you can charge the battery. That's just the surface of it...

aight thanks, i guess i wont be doing that. it was just a thought of mine.

TheRedRebel17
05-21-2003, 10:12 AM
actually it wouldnt be that hard. I remeber seeing a kit for a kawasaki mojave in ATVsport. Ill do some searching for that and you might wanna pick it up and look yourself.

flyin#5
05-21-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Rider-400EX
actually it wouldnt be that hard. I remeber seeing a kit for a kawasaki mojave in ATVsport. Ill do some searching for that and you might wanna pick it up and look yourself.

yeah i saw that article. didnt seem too hard...

i think it would take just as much work to kick it over all them times than to install the electric start.:rolleyes: but if you really want it go for it!